blueboy3333

HARRY CHAPMAN

16 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Now then, that was one of my few live sightings of Chapman yesterday .... and I can't say I was impressed, one of the few downsides on an otherwise excellent day.

Watching him going through his paces with the other substitutes at half time, he definitely had an "attitude", a cocky player who obviously rates himself and sees himself as special. Now that's fine when you can back it up with performances on the pitch, but Chapman did nothing in his cameo appearance to justify it. His one attempt at taking on the full back was a clumsy shove of the ball past the defender and foot race that he easily lost.

What have I missed ?

Nothing. I thought yesterday was just like his other few cameos this year: no greater pace that a typical fullback and no tricks.

Was dissapointed by his predictability when running at the defender but his defensive willingness was there which surprised me. If he got 2 starts back to back at some point as did Rankin Costello I would suspect that he would have more involvement.

Brereton showed nothing thing for 18 months. Long way for Harry to go to match that yet.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Now then, that was one of my few live sightings of Chapman yesterday .... and I can't say I was impressed, one of the few downsides on an otherwise excellent day.

Watching him going through his paces with the other substitutes at half time, he definitely had an "attitude", a cocky player who obviously rates himself and sees himself as special. Now that's fine when you can back it up with performances on the pitch, but Chapman did nothing in his cameo appearance to justify it. His one attempt at taking on the full back was a clumsy shove of the ball past the defender and foot race that he easily lost.

What have I missed ?

It's a real shame. The injuries look to have taken away his burst of pace. He was so exciting to watch in our league 1 season albeit briefly. That player would make an impact of the bench in the championship I'm sure of it.

Losing his pace alone means the end of his career ambitions, limits how effective he can be, add into that accusations of a bad attitude and he isnt going to cut it at this level. I'd love to be wrong.

It was a punt of a signing basically not based on logic but on mowbrays and the fans emotional connection to him. 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Brereton showed nothing thing for 18 months. Long way for Harry to go to match that yet.

Not really, he’s been in the building 13 months. Plus, matching Brereton is the lowest of low bars. 

He’s not going to get any faster from now on. 

2 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

What have I missed ?

I think you missed the forearm smash to his face as he was about to go around him and the blood n thunder tackle he flew into to get his own back moments later.

Like anyone, he needs a run of games.  Not sure how anyone can be cocky during a warm up though 😁🤔

Lad needs a run of games get him flying and the winger we need in January  will de a distant  memory

55 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Not really, he’s been in the building 13 months.

And how many chances has he been given? About 1/10th of the chances BB has. We dont really know what he can contribute until we see him get some regular game time. Problem is, the next time we see him will probably be for 15 minutes at the end of March.

Edited by Hasta