BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Harry Chapman

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anyone who thinks that a player from any club getting a career threatening injury is funny must be one very sad individual.

Agree - difficult to see how he can come back from this or at least have a good career. The lad must be so gutted, he had a fantastic future in my opinion and was easily Championship level. 

There is banter and then there is full-on idiocy. No football player from any club (even our rivals) should be laughed at when they have potentially seen their career in tatters due to injury.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Any word on what we are looking at here now? Surely out for the rest of the season? 

You'd imagine he has to have a very cautiuous recovery date now and it was 5 months last time.

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Any word on Nyambe too? Don't seem to get much in the way of fitness updates out of Rovers. Ben 'you should see what he does in training' Gladwin seems to have been on the comeback trail since October.

Nyambe is out for the rest of the season I think with a  hamstring injury

Nyambe out for 4-6 weeks according to Rich Sharp for anyone interested.

Not ideal. Wouldn’t be surprised to see TM plump for Bennett there or go back to the 3-5-2. For me we need Bennett in CM particularly with Smallwood severely out of form.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Nyambe out for 4-6 weeks according to Rich Sharp for anyone interested.

Not ideal. Wouldn’t be surprised to see TM plump for Bennett there or go back to the 3-5-2. For me we need Bennett in CM particularly with Smallwood severely out of form.

Agree that Bennett should be centre mid. Perhaps Travis could go right back 

• Like 2

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Agree that Bennett should be centre mid. Perhaps Travis could go right back 

That’s who I’d go for too. Caddis isn’t up to it. Think Travis has fallen right to the back of the pecking order though following his reckless challenge at Pompey. For me it should be a case now of lesson learnt and integrate him back in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

That’s who I’d go for too. Caddis isn’t up to it. Think Travis has fallen right to the back of the pecking order though following his reckless challenge at Pompey. For me it should be a case now of lesson learnt and integrate him back in.

Caddis is fine as back up. We need someone athletic in that position. Hopefully Travis gets the nod, but I suspect it will be Bennett with Evans and Smallwood in midfield. I am sure Bennett will do a great job there though. He is a great squad player. Everything you would want from a professional. 

• Backroom

I don't consider Nyambe a huge loss but I wouldn't want Caddis in there as a replacement. I don't think he has the same qualities and was a poor signing in general. Bennett or Travis would be better options, although I agree we would lose something in CM if Bennett was to be moved out of there. A shame Smallwood's form has nosedived in the past couple of months. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

I don't consider Nyambe a huge loss but I wouldn't want Caddis in there as a replacement. I don't think he has the same qualities and was a poor signing in general. Bennett or Travis would be better options, although I agree we would lose something in CM if Bennett was to be moved out of there. A shame Smallwood's form has nosedived in the past couple of months. 

Hopefully that was because he was so close to a ban. We might see the return of the king next Thursday 

• Like 1

Just now, SkipDonoghue said:

Chapman injury apparently not the same as his initial injury....this time it is a hamstring injury but another part of his hamstring more muscular not tendon which if is the case it’s good news....fingers crossed for the lad

That happens a lot. A player focuses on strengthening the injured muscle or tendon at the expense of surrounding muscles. Either way, I can't see him playing any major part in the run in  

15 hours ago, SkipDonoghue said:

Chapman injury apparently not the same as his initial injury....this time it is a hamstring injury but another part of his hamstring more muscular not tendon which if is the case it’s good news....fingers crossed for the lad

That is certainly good news if true - he should just write off this season now and get himself properly ready for the next one.

The issue with hamstring injuries is the scar tissue it leaves behind. It means players can be far more prone to reinjury.

Consistent hamstring injuries are the end of some careers. See Sturridge for the most perfect example. He has to give himself time to recover and if I was him I'd be looking at missing out the season. He's young and has the next 12 years to think about

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

The issue with hamstring injuries is the scar tissue it leaves behind. It means players can be far more prone to reinjury.

Consistent hamstring injuries are the end of some careers. See Sturridge for the most perfect example. He has to give himself time to recover and if I was him I'd be looking at missing out the season. He's young and has the next 12 years to think about

Agree. Obviously would love for him to have a future at Rovers, but this is one of those cases where you just want to make sure that the lad has a career. Promising news that's not a recurrence of the previous injury at least.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Agree. Obviously would love for him to have a future at Rovers, but this is one of those cases where you just want to make sure that the lad has a career. Promising news that's not a recurrence of the previous injury at least.

From a physio standpoint it's just as bad that another, presumably more healthy part of his hamstring, has pulled. The measure of severity of the injury will be whether he's pulled, snapped or just strained that part of the muscle. It will be further scar tissue either way and result in an even weaker hamstring.

Hopefully he's allowed proper recovery time and doesn't feel pressured to play again. He's been a joy to watch in his short spell here but we must conserve his career like you say

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • Backroom

Chapman turned 21 today...

Last night he played for Boro under 23s, set up a goal and then pulled up holding his hamstring and was subbed off.

Its going to get to the point where the poor lad is scared to sprint