BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] team for rotherham

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

To not have a single goal scored between the minutes of 30-45 and 60-75 yet is criminal. I didn't know that. What an astounding stat that is.

I'm more worried by how many of our goals come in the second half. It's worrying that the first half has yielded 25% of our goals. Nothing like getting ahead of the game and best foot forward. It's asking for trouble imo. 

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Who said he shouldn't give interviews? You can give interviews and give absolutely nothing away. And how do you know these answers were given to specific questions? Mowbray just seems to waffle on giving his tactics away. You said so yourself an hour ago.. ;)

Oh ya I agree, some managers are great at talking but saying nothing. We probably wouldn't be having this conversation though if we were doing well 

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The slow pace and dawdling on the ball passing across the back line and midfield contributed to those home defeats as much as anything else. Players trying to think what to do and caught in two minds probably under instruction to keep the ball deep and draw on the opposition.  Surely we are strong enough at home to press a bit more, need to just up the tempo a bit and zip the ball about rather than stroke it and invite pressure and mistakes.

We are good enough, well the players are. There is something mental with them at home...

14 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The slow pace and dawdling on the ball passing across the back line and midfield contributed to those home defeats as much as anything else. Players trying to think what to do and caught in two minds probably under instruction to keep the ball deep and draw on the opposition.  Surely we are strong enough at home to press a bit more, need to just up the tempo a bit and zip the ball about rather than stroke it and invite pressure and mistakes.

Again, I find myself in total agreement with ya.

Do you know what was sickening about those 3 home games I mentioned? The fact that there seemed to be no sense of urgency until the last fifteen minutes or so. Completely headwrecking.

I wouldn't mind giving Nuttall a go in this game. Whilst our defence is comical we need someone up front with a point to prove.

That in mind can you really expect TM to put a team out on the attack and trust our back 4 to remain solid under any potential counter? One ball over the top and they are goosed; Ward has no pace, Mulgrew has no pace, Caddis has no pace and Williams will probably be taking up his usual central midfield position.

A shocking back 4, as said all the way through the transfer window, is once again proving to be our downfall. We can't express ourselves effectively because there's too much onus on 'remaining solid'. If we had faith in our back 2 we could push our full backs high up overlapping our wingers to add more width, leave Smallwood sitting with the 2 centre halves and "have a real good go". As it stands our wingers are more used in a defensive capacity because the full backs are so weak.

TM failed to land Henneghan, McMahon & Bostwick from the top of my head. It will come back to bite us. 

7 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I wouldn't mind giving Nuttall a go in this game. Whilst our defence is comical we need someone up front with a point to prove.

That in mind can you really expect TM to put a team out on the attack and trust our back 4 to remain solid under any potential counter? One ball over the top and they are goosed; Ward has no pace, Mulgrew has no pace, Caddis has no pace and Williams will probably be taking up his usual central midfield position.

A shocking back 4, as said all the way through the transfer window, is once again proving to be our downfall. We can't express ourselves effectively because there's too much onus on 'remaining solid'. If we had faith in our back 2 we could push our full backs high up overlapping our wingers to add more width, leave Smallwood sitting with the 2 centre halves and "have a real good go". As it stands our wingers are more used in a defensive capacity because the full backs are so weak.

TM failed to land Henneghan, McMahon & Bostwick from the top of my head. It will come back to bite us. 

Nuttall played last night for the under 23s 

42 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I wonder what happens in the last 15 minutes when we score half our goals?

It's strikingly simple. We put Harry Chapman on. Mowbray wants committing for not putting him on a lot earlier instead of shoehorning a central player on to the wing.

Just now, Al said:

It's strikingly simple. We put Harry Chapman on. Mowbray wants committing for not putting him on a lot earlier instead of shoehorning a central player on to the wing.

I know Al, I was taking the pee. Hopefully he'll play him tonight. I don't think I can cope with another 90 minutes of watching the ball roll slowly across the pitch and then back again. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We are good enough, well the players are. There is something mental with them at home...

A night where no one makes a needless hash of anything and gives the visitors a head start would be nice.

1 hour ago, klc_2012 said:

Dack as nr 10 behind Samuel for me or Samuel and Antonsson with 2 wingers. Dack as sub in that scenario 

Do we even have two wingers at the club available with Conway injured? Evidently TM wasn't planning to utilize 4-4-2 regularly this season which is why we're extremely thin on the ground in this department.

1 hour ago, klc_2012 said:

Dack as nr 10 behind Samuel for me or Samuel and Antonsson with 2 wingers. Dack as sub in that scenario 

I thought antonsson done well on Saturday when he came on and played well on wing 

We need to get home form sorted asap. These will be tricky but beatable.

Mowbray seems to see Chapman as a last 20 player. When legs are tired send him on.

29 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Do we even have two wingers at the club available with Conway injured? Evidently TM wasn't planning to utilize 4-4-2 regularly this season which is why we're extremely thin on the ground in this department.

Fair point. Bennett and Chapman perhaps or (scrapes barrel) Nyambe?

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rotherham play 4-4-2 formation. 

We need to be defensively good but need to play our creative players from the start like Chapman and Dack. 

Antonsson came on Saturday and played wide left and causes problems. So I start him there. 

We have to start on the front foot from the start

Rotherham play 4-1-4-1 according to Mowbray in today's let.I hope we do start on the front foot,still unsure about Antonnson on the left though. Personally I wouldn't be starting him but if he does hope he has a good game

• Backroom
3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

We need an early goal, then a few more will follow.  Go out from the start all guns blazing FFS, get Chapman running at their defence before they know what's hit them.

Start sluggish again and we're in for a long evening and lots of moans and groans from the crowd.

Too many late goals being replied upon, and definitely too many second half.  Whilst it's not unusual for some teams to have high percentages scored later on, its usually teams a lot better than ours with a more focussed gameplan, not a mad scramble every game.

Capture.JPG

So Rotherham to take the lead after about 16 minutes then 

47 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Rotherham play 4-1-4-1 according to Mowbray in today's let.I hope we do start on the front foot,still unsure about Antonnson on the left though. Personally I wouldn't be starting him but if he does hope he has a good game

I thought they play 4-4-2. maybe at the start of the season. we see tonight

Archived