BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle's new job

GreenRover

Ross County play at Dingwall, a small town north of Inverness. I visited their ground about 30 years ago when they were still Highland League and it's about as remote a football place as you could imagine. 

Why our lot gave the Rovers job to him instead of Neil Warnock defies comprehension. 

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Ross County play at Dingwall, a small town north of Inverness. I visited their ground about 30 years ago when they were still Highland League and it's about as remote a football place as you could imagine. 

Why our lot gave the Rovers job to him instead of Neil Warnock defies comprehension. 

Defies innocent explanation. Even someone clueless about football wouldn't have made such a decision.

He'll earn bugger all there. This is a big comedown for someone who thought he was a manager!

Their attendances this season are around 25-26000--ie that's the TOTAL for the whole season so far----7 home games played! And the attendances vary wildly depending on who they are playing.In other words most of the crowd are away supporters!

Love the away games---421 to watch them at Montrose, 58640 at Celtic!

You wonder how long this farce can go on.

"It was important for me that I had that relationship with the owner/chairman," he told BBC Scotland.

"When I've had that relationship at clubs, we've been really successful."

The above is a quote from his interview today. The ego has landed.

MacGregor told BBC Scotland that he felt Coyle's values and ethics "are very much in line with where the club is".

"I hope that will rub off on everyone about here and we'll rub off on him and we'll begin to see results," said the chairman.

"To think that Owen is here today is, for me, probably a bit of a dream."

Soon be a nightmare...

2 hours ago, 47er said:

He'll earn bugger all there. This is a big comedown for someone who thought he was a manager!

Their attendances this season are around 25-26000--ie that's the TOTAL for the whole season so far----7 home games played! And the attendances vary wildly depending on who they are playing.In other words most of the crowd are away supporters!

Love the away games---421 to watch them at Montrose, 58640 at Celtic!

You wonder how long this farce can go on.

It is a very small Town tbf who have done a fantastic job in supporting a successful Club.

It's a shame they have lumbered themselves with this nomark.

21 hours ago, tomphil said:

He should have been somewhere managing at the arse end of Scotland years ago and probably would have been was it not for his mates who he's never met or heard of.

Who'd be surprised if we give some dolloper from Ross County a 3 year contract in the near future given how the path to Ewood still seems open for these 'links' !

Arse End of Scotland?!? Have you never been to Dingwall? 

It's a lovely wee town, but with a chip on it's shoulder 'cos the much bigger, more important, more beautiful capital of the Highlands is only a few miles away ;). The town is about the size of Garstang, but with a SPL football team, less money and no Booths.

The County fans, however, are genuine die-hard fans, loyal and passionate. They've got a nice wee stadium and they're a 'real' club and they don't deserve the chimp man feeding their players doughnuts and not bothering to organise their defence.  

2 minutes ago, RoverInverness said:

It's a lovely wee town, but with a chip on it's shoulder 'cos the much bigger, more important, more beautiful capital of the Highlands is only a few miles away ;). The town is about the size of Garstang, but with a SPL football team, less money and no Booths.

The County fans, however, are genuine die-hard fans, loyal and passionate. They've got a nice wee stadium and they're a 'real' club and they don't deserve the chimp man feeding their players doughnuts and not bothering to organise their defence.  

By that I mean somewhere out in the wilds where he belongs and we in England never hear about him again !

Most places in Scotland outside the central estates of the main cities are lovely to be fair.

As for an SPL team I think that's been dent a serious blow now :o

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

As for an SPL team I think that's been dent a serious blow now :o

Absolutely, but they have a reputation up here as being a well run club, so it will be interesting to see how long he lasts. I suppose, like myself when he was first appointed at Ewood, people think that surely his Burnley achievements couldn't have been 100% luck and surely the rumours of how unfit his teams are must be somewhat exaggerated. I have no ill feelings towards County and I hope he is found out sooner rather than later. 

Just now, RoverInverness said:

Absolutely, but they have a reputation up here as being a well run club, so it will be interesting to see how long he lasts. I suppose, like myself when he was first appointed at Ewood, people think that surely his Burnley achievements couldn't have been 100% luck and surely the rumours of how unfit his teams are must be somewhat exaggerated. I have no ill feelings towards County and I hope he is found out sooner rather than later. 

He must be working cheap I can't see anyone daft enough to line his pockets now. Everything the Bolton & Wigan fans I know warned about him he did almost to the letter but up there he won't be able to do much slithering with a chairman watching over his shoulder I don't think.

Might actually do ok if they buy into his constant empty waffle as long as they have a defence and aren't expecting him to build one.

Terrible manager with Burnley connections, however, having to sell Duffy and Hanley would have been an issue for any manager. His decision to sign Wes Brown and Gordon Greer as replacements was a terrible move though. I suppose Mulgrew was a good signing :) 

I don't care how he gets on at County, out of sight,out of mind 

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Might actually do ok if they buy into his constant empty waffle as long as they have a defence and aren't expecting him to build one.

I think Sunday through Thursday is waffle

Friday and Saturday are treat days, so glazed doughnuts

On 28/09/2017 at 13:53, arbitro said:

"It was important for me that I had that relationship with the owner/chairman," he told BBC Scotland.

"When I've had that relationship at clubs, we've been really successful."

The above is a quote from his interview today. The ego has landed.

Well Dave whelan ended up hating the bloke as for us we've not had a chairman since these jokers rocked up

On 28/09/2017 at 15:56, RoverInverness said:

Lovely neck of the world and a great place to stay. We went up to look at a Scotrail works package not long ago. There top scorer joined Burton in the summer.

Coyle 'best man-manager'

FT: Kilmarnock 0-2 Ross County

5eef5a75-8d01-4e78-b36a-3687e3892241.jpg

Steven Thompson

Former Scotland striker on BBC Sportsound

I worked with him at Burnley and Owen Coyle is the best man-manager I have worked with and the boys at Ross County would have got a lift from him coming in

“No. Don’t titter.”

Article share tools

Archived