BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle's new job

GreenRover

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Surely he is done with management in the UK now

He definitely should be.

When Ross County players are going to the local rag and slating your training methods/managerial methods, the jig is surely up?

He obviously has friends in high places and I expect someone, somewhere will take him on. Most likely abroad though.

Brunei anybody?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A stint abroad again under the radar for a bit will probably be on the menu, best place for him really is the Scottish 2nd or 3rd tiers but those agents he doesn't know will get him another decent gig somewhere no doubt.

Up he'll pop in a season or two again and if you're an owner or chair person who knows naff all and the brochure says 'Owen Coyle vastly experienced British manager in the top two leagues, fought fires at two big clubs in difficult situations reducing their budgets in Bolton & Blackburn and also took a tiny one out of the wilderness into the promised land for the first time in decades'

By the way he'll work for less than the others have quoted you !

Not difficult to see why some might bite.

Pay offs at Notlob, Wigan and Rovers with probably golden handshakes at Houston and Ross to get him to clear off will mean he's under no pressure to find work. There will always be options for a 'former Premier League manager' so my money for now is on somewhere in Thailand or India. They seem to like their well-known ex Premier League managers over there.

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gardyne-slaughters-owen-coyle-12532300

Some interesting insight into the outstanding candidates coaching 'methods' from someone on the inside. Cakes and Iron Bru.

Interesting comment about Coyle’s time at Bumley.

“I’ve spoken to a couple of people I knew he had at Burnley and they said they had seven or eight captains in their team that got them through”

It’s about time someone defrocked him over that one.

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Shocker; Coyle's doughnut and ping pong tournies no longer work in the modern game. To think some on here said that there was no proof/it was an exaggeration.

He'll have one bloody good agent if he gets another gig at a British club.

I know the guy who was the club Doctor at Bolton, when Coyle was there. They employed the Doctor full time and he was very close to the players and manager. Having already been in place when Coyle arrived, he challenged Coyle about the "treats" and lets just say his response was none to kind. The treats carried on for the duration of his stay despite the docs protestations.

Looking back to when Coyle was at Burnley, I think the only reason why he was successful was because he was given some money spend. Wasn’t it about that time Branden Flood appeared on the board? 

Someone also mentioned solid foundations too, which he took over- Steve Cotterill was at the helm beforehand for 3 years, who isn’t exactly a bad manager! 

Iron Bru and doughnuts though- how is that even possible, at a professional outfit? It makes Mowbray almost saving us from relegation unreal, after months of that!

1 minute ago, scotchrover said:

Looking back to when Coyle was at Burnley, I think the only reason why he was successful was because he was given some money spend. Wasn’t it about that time Branden Flood appeared on the board? 

Someone also mentioned solid foundations too, which he took over- Steve Cotterill was at the helm beforehand for 3 years, who isn’t exactly a bad manager! 

Iron Bru and doughnuts though- how is that even possible, at a professional outfit? It makes Mowbray almost saving us from relegation unreal, after months of that!

A total farce that appointment and according to certain people, it was Balaji who agreed it. Someone obviously recommended him and that's why at that point, the original villains, must have had an influence. Hopefully they have now disappeared for good and we are in forward motion again, permanently.

15 hours ago, lraC said:

A total farce that appointment and according to certain people, it was Balaji who agreed it. Someone obviously recommended him and that's why at that point, the original villains, must have had an influence. Hopefully they have now disappeared for good and we are in forward motion again, permanently.

While things are going well at the moment.  We just have to accept the reality that we have owners who could at any point decide to listen to and act upon advice from people that don't have the best interests of the club (ala what happened with Coyle).

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

He'll resurface abroad somewhere in the next two years like someone else said. Given how crap they are, and that the role is vacant, I expect Wellington Phoenix to be a possibility. There CEO/owner there has made a complete hash of things and the fans are unhappy.

He'd resurface in a vat of iron bru if I had my way. Absolute tool!!!! 

Archived