BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle's new job

GreenRover

I still find it hard to understand why I was so angry when he left - what an idiot I was!

The work he's done at Bolton, Wigan and especially Blackburn was just beyond imagining for a Burnley fan - who'd have thought at the time he left not only was he doing us a huge favour but he'd contribute so heavily to a relegation for our dear rivals.

We often joke that when he left he said Bolton were 10 years ahead of us - yet after a couple of season of him they were 10 behind :D and it looks like we can add another "scalp" to his list.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lraC said:

So after yesterday is that now 3 wins in 18 and a 16.66% win ratio?

Bolton = Relegated

Wigan = Relegated

Houston = Relegated

Rovers = Relegated

Ross County = Relegated I would imagine

So who will he be the next stand out candidate for I wonder?

Not his fault though, at Bolton it was all Gartside's fault. At Wigan it was Dave Whelan's fault. At Rovers it was Venkys fault. At Ross County they were struggling before he arrived so not his fault.

At least I'm guessing that's what his overweight Glaswegian mate will be telling everyone.

After finishing Ross County off I'm not sure who will touch him. There'll be some chairman somewhere gets sucked in by it. My guess is League Two - Bowyer's successor at Blackpool perhaps.

17 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I still find it hard to understand why I was so angry when he left - what an idiot I was!

The work he's done at Bolton, Wigan and especially Blackburn was just beyond imagining for a Burnley fan - who'd have thought at the time he left not only was he doing us a huge favour but he'd contribute so heavily to a relegation for our dear rivals.

We often joke that when he left he said Bolton were 10 years ahead of us - yet after a couple of season of him they were 10 behind :D and it looks like we can add another "scalp" to his list.

You really let lucky when he jumped ship whilst knowing that under him you would have been relegated and he didn't want that on his CV. Quite ironic really when since then his CV has been swollen by nothing but relegations.

And then they appointed Brian Laws to finish what Coyle had started.

Before you accuse me of bias you got Dyche (after Howe) and you haven't looked back since.

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Not his fault though, at Bolton it was all Gartside's fault. At Wigan it was Dave Whelan's fault. At Rovers it was Venkys fault. At Ross County they were struggling before he arrived so not his fault.

At least I'm guessing that's what his overweight Glaswegian mate will be telling everyone.

After finishing Ross County off I'm not sure who will touch him. There'll be some chairman somewhere gets sucked in by it. My guess is League Two - Bowyer's successor at Blackpool perhaps.

That's quite a good shout Blackpool. We know how the owners there, seem to like to surprise their fans, almost as much as ours. If I knew any Hong Kong Bookmakers, I would have called them up.

31 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm sure he'd have ended up at Blackpool had they not got Bowyer, lucky escape for them and maybe Oystons reluctance to deal with snake oil agents actually did them a favour for once.

But then again Owens a one man band isn't he, he's never heard of agents !

48 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Don't forget Houston, Yanks know nothing about football allegedly but they had him sussed very early judging by their forums.

58 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You really let lucky when he jumped ship whilst knowing that under him you would have been relegated and he didn't want that on his CV. Quite ironic really when since then his CV has been swollen by nothing but relegations.

Before you accuse me of bias you got Dyche (after Howe) and you haven't looked back since.

Bumley have been very very lucky in recent times. We meanwhile have been very very Venkied. :angry: 

19 hours ago, arbitro said:

The Laws appointment was a near disaster. Howe was right man wrong club but he signed some very good players. Dyche was an a brilliant appointment and has allowed us to move forward.

Coyle is football managements equivalent to Joe Dolce (or maybe Men Without Hats?) one very fortunate season with Burnley followed by a series of foolish owners hoping he’d repeat the success. Despite all our differences we are at least united by a hatred for wee coyley.

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

The Laws appointment was a near disaster. Howe was right man wrong club but he signed some very good players. Dyche was an a brilliant appointment and has allowed us to move forward.

Coyle is football managements equivalent to Joe Dolce (or maybe Men Without Hats?) one very fortunate season with Burnley followed by a series of foolish owners hoping he’d repeat the success. Despite all our differences we are at least united by a hatred for wee coyley.

True mate but I bet his bank balance is healthier than ours. He has made a career out of failure.

Only recently do we share I think there was a time he was a poster boy on here for his sideways step to Bolton and the way he ( with the help of fat head journo & the stinking agency ) blatantly engineered his move through the media to leave the clarrot masses seething.

Bit us right on the arse though :blink:

23 hours ago, tomphil said:

Don't forget Houston, Yanks know nothing about football allegedly but they had him sussed very early judging by their forums.

There are a lot of chancers running around football in America, so it's not surprising that Coyle managed to get a gig at the top table. I heard from a source with ties to the Dynamo that his training methods were absolutely awful. The players couldn't believe how bad it was. They expected much better from a former Premier League boss. This does seem to be a theme of his. Bolton, us, and Ross County have all complained about his lack of nous in that regard. 

He should never have been given the Rovers job, but to get another job again after Rovers is mind boggling. The Ross County bigwigs need some serious questions asking of them.

5 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

There are a lot of chancers running around football in America, so it's not surprising that Coyle managed to get a gig at the top table. I heard from a source with ties to the Dynamo that his training methods were absolutely awful. The players couldn't believe how bad it was. They expected much better from a former Premier League boss. This does seem to be a theme of his. Bolton, us, and Ross County have all complained about his lack of nous in that regard. 

He should never have been given the Rovers job, but to get another job again after Rovers is mind boggling. The Ross County bigwigs need some serious questions asking of them.

I bet it was a bigger shock in the US with his shonky methods seeing as they are noted for their very serious approach to fitness in sports over there any USA football International side has always been extremely fit and hard working.

With him it's almost like he does it on purpose and when he does get potted and paid off he pretty soon pitches up somewhere else to repeat virtually everything. It's not just his approach to games it seems like the whole package with him is barrel scrapping yet he doesn't change it nor his methods, very odd.

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

I bet it was a bigger shock in the US with his shonky methods seeing as they are noted for their very serious approach to fitness in sports over there any USA football International side has always been extremely fit and hard working.

With him it's almost like he does it on purpose and when he does get potted and paid off he pretty soon pitches up somewhere else to repeat virtually everything. It's not just his approach to games it seems like the whole package with him is barrel scrapping yet he doesn't change it nor his methods, very odd.

I truly think he almost does do it on purpose.

Connections here and there, money swapped here and there and he is getting and is rich from it all. he doesnt really give a toss about any team or results - oly his bank balance. Getting potted suits him as he will just pop up somewhere else for another payday.

3 points from the last 12 games, after a 4-2 hammering at home (3 goals conceded in 6 minutes!). That's not even Derby County-esque record low points tally relegation form!

Some unwitting Indonesian team awaits his arrival.

Yes the old disappear abroad for a while whilst the dust settles and people forget how crap you really are, Houston an example of that no doubt. Before you know it he'll be back as the man who got Burnley promoted to the Prem once.

He's the 'never heard of them' lots main man !

8 hours ago, arbitro said:

Dross County 3-0 down to Aberdeen at half time.

OC the OC.

Yes but they won the second half when the moon came up. Coyle stated afterwards, we are a team  of ware wolf’s and wait until the next blue moon, we will murder someone!

4 hours ago, lraC said:

Yes but they won the second half when the moon came up. Coyle stated afterwards, we are a team  of ware wolf’s and wait until the next blue moon, we will murder someone!

Werewolfs with a craving for doughnuts from the planet SEM , that is a 1950's style sci fi B movie waiting to happen.

Maybe the be the big C can ask his  friends who he has never heard of to fund it from one of their dodgy tax avoidance film investment schemes

• Backroom
1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

Werewolfs with a craving for doughnuts from the planet SEM , that is a 1950's style sci fi B movie waiting to happen.

Maybe the be the big C can ask his  friends who he has never heard of to fund it from one of their dodgy tax avoidance film investment schemes

He is a right C, as well!

This is true - at least he didn’t get a payout from us - small crumbs I know.

There was a massive payout in terms of hatred. I was at Bolton the night you played there shortly after he left and the animosity was almost akin to the hatred we showed towards Kean. And the the egotistical weapon went over to clap your lot at the final whistle. That was the moment I realised he is a self serving @#/?.

Archived