Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle's new job

GreenRover

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Did anyone try and warn them?

Yes. In addition to the Coyle out thread on over the bridge forum there is also an Owen Coyle thread where when he first got the job a rovers fan posted they were amazed he had got another job. Needless to say this didn't go down too well with most willing to give him a chance. To be fair there was a post around Christmas which pretty much said perhaps the rovers fan had been right after all

1 hour ago, Rogerb said:

Yes. In addition to the Coyle out thread on over the bridge forum there is also an Owen Coyle thread where when he first got the job a rovers fan posted they were amazed he had got another job. Needless to say this didn't go down too well with most willing to give him a chance. To be fair there was a post around Christmas which pretty much said perhaps the rovers fan had been right after all

When we appointed Coyle I finally gave up. After that I knew all further resistance was futile.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Was working with a Bolton fan at the time he was appointed, 

'I'll tell you now he'll take you down'.

Tried to brush it off, but I just knew he was right :(

Every Wigan and Bolton fan I know said the same thing. First things out their mouth as the news broke. The way they said it I knew they weren't having banter but preparing me for what was about to unfold with the inevitable I told you so's following shortly after

It is unbelievable how he managed to get another job after his show here. Then again it's also testament to how other football fans see our situation. Most said any manager was likely to fail at a club run the way ours is. They aren't wrong in that respect but Coyle's problems as our manager ran above and beyond the issues that the club put in front of him.

Ross County are just another unfortunate casualty of his. Hopefully his last. I can imagine a relegation to the Scottish championship is a lot more painful a thing to go through than it is for an English club to go down. The finances are a different thing altogether up there.

Can imagine the only gig he can get after the latest fiasco is Langho in the East Lancs league. Although I bet even they'd take issue with his fitness regime..

I know a few Bolton lads and they almost to a man said he'll foist some crap onto the books but cover it with a big loan or two and you'll not make head nor tail of his tactics or anything he says. Said without malice because he was a popular ex player who they just acknowledged was a crap manager but knowing what they know now they have a slightly different view like us with all the agency stuff.

Bearing that in mind how is Giles Barnes doing these days ? And I also read some interesting comments about the defender he was after who also ended up at Hibs, reviews worse than Ward here. Both would have been given good contracts here if he had his way !

6 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Something like this? ??

A few names spring to mind

breaking-news (3).png

21 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Something like this? ??

A few names spring to mind

breaking-news (3).png

Coyle was unlucky and never really given a chance by Rovers fans. A bit like Kean in that respect.

All they both ever needed was 10 more games...

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from Coyle in the LT..

"Me and the chairman had a chat and I decided it was the best interest of the club and myself that I offer my resignation which the chairman duly accepted". 

Would love to have seen the chairman's face when he offered to resign rather than a pay off. Bet a taxi was already waiting. 

There is often the resigned line trotted out for ex SEM men who have walked before they are pushed. Leave before relegation and take a lesser pay off to live to fight another day.

Absolute joke of a manager who's now dragged THREE clubs down to his level in less than 2 years whilst earning a fortune in the process, must be a record.

Where will his idiotic grin and ridiculous shpiel pop up next ?

Surely he is unemployable as a manager again after this latest disaster. Then again there could well be another mug of a chairman falls for his bullshit.

The 'outstanding candidate' comment still rankles and insults me.

Just now, arbitro said:

Surely he is unemployable as a manager again after this latest disaster. Then again there could well be another mug of a chairman falls for his bullshit.

The 'outstanding candidate' comment still rankles and insults me.

Me too. It was an insult to all our intelligence. How dare they!

Nor will I forget Cheston's high 5's with other employees after enduring a barrage of questions about the decision and his "outstanding" statement in the supporters consultation meeting.

I assume this was merely relief that the ordeal was over, as opposed to any misguided notion of triumph.

His performance during that meeting and refusal to answer the questions was cringworthy and inept.

I knew I shouldn't have read this thread!

Archived