BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle's new job

GreenRover

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So he’s effectively relegated Bolton, Wigan, Rovers and Ross County. Presumably whatever tinpot outfit he managed in the mls are a franchise and can’t be relegated. Something for him.

His agent must be a miracle worker to keep getting him work. But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again surely that’s his last job in football management...

The mob he's never heard of will sort him another gig soon as he's received another pay off from this latest shambles. Probably abroad again for a bit until he pitches up in Blackpool when GB has moved on or somewhere similarly desperate.

I still shudder when I think of him wearing our badge, being the manager and essentially the spokesman and public face of our club. In a fair world he shouldn't ever be near football again but I know he will resurface soon and spout the same nonsense whilst using his archaic coaching techniques. 

In all the embarrassment the Indian owners have brought upon our club his appointment is right up there with the worst decisions (and there are lots to choose from).

16 minutes ago, JHRover said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-gardyne-slaughters-owen-coyle-12532300

Some interesting insight into the outstanding candidates coaching 'methods' from someone on the inside. Cakes and Iron Bru.

I think Elliott Bennett expressed a similar view recently when celebrating promotion. Did not like Coyle and his training at all.

• Moderation Lead

I remember some dingle mates saying that he used to have them eating doughnuts and playing table tennis as part of training.....

• Backroom

It’s reprehensible that he gets work ahead of young managers who deserve a crack.

Clearly no coincidence or lack of truth behind the stories of no real training.

• Backroom

Someone in Burnley must have found a magic lamp with a very generous genie inside. Getting promoted with the likes of Coyle at the helm, holding onto Dyche and then being promoted during one of the weakest ever PL eras outside of the top 6 (an era when Leicester were able to win the competition, ffs) is surely more than just luck!

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s reprehensible that he gets work ahead of young managers who deserve a crack.

Clearly no coincidence or lack of truth behind the stories of no real training.

Its not what you know but who you know , and we know who :)

24 minutes ago, DE. said:

Someone in Burnley must have found a magic lamp with a very generous genie inside. Getting promoted with the likes of Coyle at the helm, holding onto Dyche and then being promoted during one of the weakest ever PL eras outside of the top 6 (an era when Leicester were able to win the competition, ffs) is surely more than just luck!

The Coyle one ushered in where they are today. Without Coyle getting them into the Premier League against all expectations they would never have had the cash/parachute money to pocket and use to rebuild in the Championship. They've have probably done a Barnsley and eventually slid back to the 3rd division. Dyche was able to inherit a better squad and structure than they would have ever had without that first Premier League season which Coyle somehow delivered.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, JHRover said:

It becomes more and more baffling as to how he ever presided over a promotion to the Premier League. Some clubs just get lucky I suppose and that lot up the road were one of them.

The point is made in that article that my gf's dad always makes (he's a dingle, but switched on):

He had a team of captains assembled by the previous manager and got lucky.

Speak to a sane Burnley fan and he will tell you the foundations were laid well before clownpants but he just added the go for it mentality. It was surely part fluke the kind that happens now and again in football. His methods are clearly from the dark ages and are guaranteed to fail badly he doesn't even bring a period of stability he makes things worse almost straight away.

As mentioned above it's another of those things inherently wrong with the industry how fresh young blood doesn't get a chance at lower, smaller clubs they just keep trotting out the same old dinosaurs and hope something clicks. Only people benefiting are these clowns and their agents, money straight out of the game again.

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't think I know any

I should have added 'if you can find one'

They are too drunk on the success of potentially visiting a few of footballs European versions of Bamber Bridge at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Interestingly even the Dingle players knew he was sh*t and makes his promotion even more of a fluke. Sounds like the players basically got them up.

“I spoke to a few lads that played under him at Burnley and they said they had big characters in their team, seven or eight captains, that got them through,” the midfielder, 32, said.

Archived