BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gillingham - Home

JPTSwindon

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I take it Hart went out wide on the left in a more attacking role when he came on with Chapman going up front ?

Yeah for few minutes then it to Whittingham behind Antonsson up front with Chapman and Hart wide. Bennett and Smallwood centre mid

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Athlete said:

Definitely go for the jugular.. Gillingham at home has to be a comfortable three points 

It's hoped that TM doesn't come out with the likes of "they've got new management in and we can expect a tough game. They've got quality all over the park, we'll have to be on our mettle to get a result"

As Athlete says, Rovers just tear 'em apart from the kick off! 

40 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

It's hoped that TM doesn't come out with the likes of "they've got new management in and we can expect a tough game. They've got quality all over the park, we'll have to be on our mettle to get a result"

As Athlete says, Rovers just tear 'em apart from the kick off! 

I expect them to park bus all game. It will be all men behind the ball from them. 

We need to play with the tempo and attacking threat we did last night and we should win. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect them to park bus all game. It will be all men behind the ball from them. 

We need to play with the tempo and attacking threat we did last night and we should win. 

I totally agree chaddy but the same was said by 'us' prior to the Wimbledon game and the prematch preamble from Tomo was that we need to fear the opposition and look at the result that followed. 

Tony needs to stop talking up the opposition and have the faith in himself, his squad and his team selections. Then wind the buggers up in a motivational sense and we start from the off as we did on Tuesday night, in their face and attacking on all fronts!

That's exactly it. We have to pretend that Gillingham are really Rotherham or Wigan in disguise in order to hammer them.

I'm not convinced things are getting better until I see consistently good performances. It's up to TM and the lads to do it.

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully a similar performance to last night. Would start Leutwiler as Raya showed again he is fragile and error prone.

Whittingham needs to start and Chapman no longer can be a sub, and Dack was the least effective of the front 4.

Need to build up some momentum, these next 3 games coming up are favourable on paper but we need to be at 100%, pressing and at it from the off again.

Leutwiler

Caddis Downing Mulgrew Williams

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Bennett Antonsson

Samuel

Subs: Raya, Hart, Ward, Evans, Conway/Nuttall, Dack, Graham

Good thing is that front 4 is flexible, Bennett can move wide, the 2 wide men can play central, and Whittingham can pick out their runs.

The people talking about dropping Raya make me laugh, give the lad a chance ffs. He's 21 and already makes less mistakes than your average League 1 keeper. Raya will be a top, top keeper in a few years but some of our fans would rather get him out of the club than leave him be and let him reach his potential here. Much like they were happy to get rid of N'Zonzi, Rochina, King, Cairney, Judge etc., we don't deserve players with a bit of potential because as soon as they make a couple of mistakes some idiots are calling for their head.

Should be the same team that started yesterday game apart from Whittingham for Evans. 

You cant drop any of the front 4 because in yesterday 1st half they were great and perform. Shame for Chapman but thats football. 

Dropping Raya? He made 1 mistake but made 3 saves. Why wreck his confidence?

I think Mowbray played the percentages against Wimbledon and didn't change a winning team. It doesn't always follow, and on that occasion it plainly didn't work.

You should pick a team appropriate to the opposition. Gillingham are desperately poor and can, realistically, only play for a nil nil. We have nothing to fear, but need to find a way past a packed defence. The team below would destroy Gillingham (maybe!)

Raya

Bennett Downing Mulgrew Williams

Chapman Smallwood Whittingham Antonnson

Dack Samuel

It's Gillingham. We are Blackburn Rovers, and we need to develop some attitude and generate some fear! 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Should be the same team that started yesterday game apart from Whittingham for Evans. 

You cant drop any of the front 4 because in yesterday 1st half they were great and perform. Shame for Chapman but thats football. 

Dropping Raya? He made 1 mistake but made 3 saves. Why wreck his confidence?

I don't think it came off for Dack most of the time and Chapman again had a much more meaningful impact, Dack is a good player to have on the bench.

And Raya has made 3 major mistakes in 2 games and more during the season. I have my heart in my mouth whenever someone puts a cross in.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think it came off for Dack most of the time and Chapman again had a much more meaningful impact, Dack is a good player to have on the bench.

And Raya has made 3 major mistakes in 2 games and more during the season. I have my heart in my mouth whenever someone puts a cross in.

The 1st half performance was the best all season. Why change it? 

Raya is a young keeper. Need to be playing to improve. Wont learn owt on the Bench

Agree that Raya should continue to start. Got a number of clean sheets already.

compared to our previous no.1 here talking about Rovers after letting in 5 (certainly not his first this season eh? I remember him hapless in preseason too). For those who are interested:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/crestfallen-jason-steele-on-ipswich-town-defeat-and-parallels-with-blackburn-rovers-1-8776304

14 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

oI think Mowbray played the percentages against Wimbledon and didn't change a winning team. It doesn't always follow, and on that occasion it plainly didn't work.

You should pick a team appropriate to the opposition. Gillingham are desperately poor and can, realistically, only play for a nil nil. We have nothing to fear, but need to find a way past a packed defence. The team below would destroy Gillingham (maybe!)

Raya

Bennett Downing Mulgrew Williams

Chapman Smallwood Whittingham Antonnson

Dack Samuel

It's Gillingham. We are Blackburn Rovers, and we need to develop some attitude and generate some fear! 

Gillingham won't be looking forward to coming to Ewood you can be sure of that. If we start the game in the same manner as we did on Tuesday we'll be able to take advantage of their nervousness. However if we start in the  same half hearted, careless, slip shod manner that we've started home games in the past within 10/15 minutes they'll grow into the game and then we'll have a match on our hands. Most teams don't like playing away, we need to exploit that.

I'd pick the same starting team and the same bench, I also have my doubts about a couple of our guys but you've got to reward a good performance. If things aren't going according to plan, we've enough options on the bench to shake things up.

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The 1st half performance was the best all season. Why change it? 

Raya is a young keeper. Need to be playing to improve. Wont learn owt on the Bench

You say that then say you'd take Evans out...contradicting yourself yet again.

Its not work experience, I just dont feel confident at all with him

Same approach to the game as the Rotherham match and they'll be fine it makes such a difference setting about the opposition with a bit of tempo, team comes to life instead of starting with one foot out of it's shell and quickly retreating back in.

Not going to curse it though..........

Rovers 1    Gills 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You say that then say you'd take Evans out...contradicting yourself yet again.

Its not work experience, I just dont feel confident at all with him

Oh well lets just drop a player cos you dont feel confident then. 

Looks at Raya's saves during the game. Some really good saves. 

Evans performance wasnt bad at all but feel Whittingham could give us something extra passing wise. 

The front 4 performances were outstanding first half. Thats what my comment was about

31 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

More of the same from Tuesday please. Get up and at 'em and score early days, play with confidence and belief and we SHOULD have a similar (or even better) scoreline....

Agreed. I'd keep same 11 too. As much as I'm clamoring for Chapman to start it would be very harsh on the other 4 lads who started on Tuesday. 

Is it just me, or has our improvement in results coincided with Mercer being eerily silent?

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Agreed. I'd keep same 11 too. As much as I'm clamoring for Chapman to start it would be very harsh on the other 4 lads who started on Tuesday. 

Is it just me, or has our improvement in results coincided with Mercer being eerily silent?

A 4-1 prediction is on it's way :blink:

Archived