BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Latest VLL Share Issue

awhom111

Rovers payroll is deceiving though as although it's gargantuan by lge 1 standards a large whack of it probably isn't going to the present squad but still paying off the multitude of continuing mistakes. Also i'm convinced a certain amount of money flows through the pipes from India to somewhere else via these accounts for business/tax purposes. Why else would they keep doing it seemingly without a care in the world, it has to serve some purpose. After all the main reason they got involved was for the business side of things.

Also the borrowings taken out via high interest loans to keep the doors open will need servicing or squaring off and there has been no sales to cover this so money is needed from somewhere. I think it was said on here by better placed posters that a capital injection of 10 mill at least would be needed anytime soon to keep trading this season so it seems that has appeared from somewhere.

Credit to them for holding their nerve to be fair although I don't think there was much choice other than a fire sale and a huge axe to everything in terms of cutbacks which would've surely resulted in another relegation. Thankfully someone has managed to get them to see sense on that one........for now.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Crazy that they are putting this amount of money into the club, without having a proper Board to run it and make sure people are properly accountable.

That's why they aren't going to get either my sympathy or respect for doing it.

Solid Prem Rovers outfit for 23 million with recoupable 23 mill assets on the books in the shape of Phil Jones and AN Other.  Easy sell that so even more odd we ended up with who we did via who did the deal.

It was a stinker alright, no wonder the Trust / Walkers etc slinked away quietly.

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Solid Prem Rovers outfit for 23 million with recoupable 23 mill assets on the books in the shape of Phil Jones and AN Other.  Easy sell that so even more odd we ended up with who we did via who did the deal.

It was a stinker alright, no wonder the Trust / Walkers etc slinked away quietly.

Someone got very rich out of that deal, but it doesn't matter, as it happened in the past.

22 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good a place as any:

Bottom of Championship Bolton on market for... £25million 

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/15579837.FOR_SALE__Bolton_Wanderers_available_for___25million/

Solid Premier League outfit Blackburn Rovers sold for... £23milliion.

Playing devil’s advocate: Football has definitely gone through an inflation in recent times.

Just before Venkys rocked cocked up we bought Kalinic for £6m. He’s now worth £20m+.

The value of PL prize money has gone up significantly since the Raos put our lottery ticket in the washing machine.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Of course, but just to bring home the shortsightedness of the Walkers - an 80% stake in Southampton recently went for... £210million.

One of the few things keeping me going through this is the knowledge that they have missed out on millions and millions in potential sales/revenues. If they'd have kept hold for another few years and invested wisely then they'd be laughing to the bank. Instead their greed saw them cash out for next to nothing in modern day terms and now those decision makers have to live with that decision knowing what they could have had.

The old excuse that nobody would have bought the club just won't wash anymore. When the Chinese are queuing up for Championship clubs we would have attracted a buyer in the Premier League.

I'm quite happy with that. This club and these supporters have suffered and are going to suffer for some time because of their greed, shortsightedness and ignorance, one small positive in all this is they've missed out big time on millions and millions and they deserve it. 

It is no secret that the Trust was being repeatedly convulsed by appalling infighting within the Walker family which resulted in Court cases and counter-cases and what can be seen with hindsight was a forced sale/ get rid quick as possible disposal of the Rovers.

Nobody has ever made any claim for great intelligence or particular strengths of common sense amongst the Walker progeny sadly. Even when he was alive, Jack's passion for the Rovers was continually sniped at by various family members.

We were incredibly fortunate and blessed to have had Jack. Had the family simply been glad to have had what they had, the calamity which has overwhelmed Rovers would not have happened, the Walkers would have been enormously happier and wealthier than they are now and Jack's legacy would have been intact.

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

One of the few things keeping me going through this is the knowledge that they have missed out on millions and millions in potential sales/revenues. If they'd have kept hold for another few years and invested wisely then they'd be laughing to the bank. Instead their greed saw them cash out for next to nothing in modern day terms and now those decision makers have to live with that decision knowing what they could have had.

The old excuse that nobody would have bought the club just won't wash anymore. When the Chinese are queuing up for Championship clubs we would have attracted a buyer in the Premier League.

I'm quite happy with that. This club and these supporters have suffered and are going to suffer for some time because of their greed, shortsightedness and ignorance, one small positive in all this is they've missed out big time on millions and millions and they deserve it. 

I get no satisfaction from that, unfortunately 

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/10/2017 at 16:05, philipl said:

It is no secret that the Trust was being repeatedly convulsed by appalling infighting within the Walker family which resulted in Court cases and counter-cases and what can be seen with hindsight was a forced sale/ get rid quick as possible disposal of the Rovers.

Nobody has ever made any claim for great intelligence or particular strengths of common sense amongst the Walker progeny sadly. Even when he was alive, Jack's passion for the Rovers was continually sniped at by various family members.

We were incredibly fortunate and blessed to have had Jack. Had the family simply been glad to have had what they had, the calamity which has overwhelmed Rovers would not have happened, the Walkers would have been enormously happier and wealthier than they are now and Jack's legacy would have been intact.

So you're finally admitting the family were complicit all along and constantly exerting influence over the disgraceful trustees. Which is pretty much what I said was happening all along contrary to your endless lying. 

Happy Halloween everyone!

11 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

So you're finally admitting the family were complicit all along and constantly exerting influence over the disgraceful trustees. Which is pretty much what I said was happening all along contrary to your endless lying. 

Who are you supporting these days?

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/10/2017 at 21:36, Vinjay17 said:

Ha! The old Vinjay!

On 07/10/2017 at 14:07, tomphil said:

Yeh they knew alright that's for sure, so desperate to get out didn't properly vet the next 1s in. They should be breaking even now really & still reducing the debt with astute finance directors taking the wheel, had they sat tight before the takeover the price would have ballooned & the equity brought forward a travesty the way it transpired.

Not Venky's but Pune land irregularities and Trump

Investigated for land deal irregularities

Trump Towers in Pune.

Blake Schmidt / Bloomberg

Trump Towers in Pune.

The Trump Organization has worked in India with Panchshil Realty since 2014 to build Trump Towers, Pune. Sagar Chordia, the director of Panchshil Realty, told the Hindustan Times that by licensing Trump’s name the developer can command a premium of 25% over other buildings in the area. But how the company obtained the land the towers were built on was investigated by the state government and local police. The investigations ultimately found that the allegations of corruption and wrongdoing could not be proven, and the local administration decided not to pursue the case. The project is still under construction. Trump listed the project among his assets and income in 2016, but stated that it had made less than $201. Panchshil Realty did not respond to requests for comment. In a statement to the Guardian about the accusation, Panchshil said the “title of the said property was duly verified through our solicitors and to the best of our knowledge all the approvals taken in respect of the said project are legal and valid.”

4 hours ago, Skiptonrover said:

Yeh they knew alright that's for sure, so desperate to get out didn't properly vet the next 1s in. They should be breaking even now really & still reducing the debt with astute finance directors taking the wheel, had they sat tight before the takeover the price would have ballooned & the equity brought forward a travesty the way it transpired.

True and on top of that as odd as it might sound coming from me but Venkys original alleged idea of using the club for marketing globally on the back of the Prem and starting Venkys Express over here whilst bunging in 10 mill of their spare profits per year for transfers could actually have worked brilliantly under the correct stewardship.

That was the mirage the Trust supposedly fell for but what was David Brown actually doing when he spent weeks out in India doing due diligence on Venkys ?

Blinded by the car fleet, temple and over generous hospitality probably, wonder if he had a chaperone that likes odd dancing cults :o

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

True and on top of that as odd as it might sound coming from me but Venkys original alleged idea of using the club for marketing globally on the back of the Prem and starting Venkys Express over here whilst bunging in 10 mill of their spare profits per year for transfers could actually have worked brilliantly under the correct stewardship.

That was the mirage the Trust supposedly fell for but what was David Brown actually doing when he spent weeks out in India doing due diligence on Venkys ?

Blinded by the car fleet, temple and over generous hospitality probably, wonder if he had a chaperone that likes odd dancing cults :o

I think myself personally reading what's been written & also listening to what's been said, eventually they will cut there losses & move on they don't have to & they can afford not to, as you well know more & likely more knowledgeable than me on the subject. Boredom will kick in its the waiting game it will happen in my opinion. Whats left or what will happen after imagination kicks in.

On 08/10/2017 at 16:05, philipl said:

Which members of the Walkers went to court to force a sale?

Why did they do this? 

Just imagine if they kept the club and allow the board at the time to do their jobs none of the 7 years would have  happened. Look at West Brom current owner who bought the club but didnt change much at all and just funds it. Plus appointed an excellent person to run the club for him in John Williams. 

They(Walker family) would have gone all their tv money and wouldnt have to put any money in.

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which members of the Walkers went to court to force a sale?

Why did they do this? 

Just imagine if they kept the club and allow the board at the time to do their jobs none of the 7 years would have  happened. Look at West Brom current owner who bought the club but didnt change much at all and just funds it. Plus appointed an excellent person to run the club for him in John Williams. 

They(Walker family) would have gone all their tv money and wouldnt have to put any money in.

No they didn't go to Court to force a sale as far as I know.

The issue was between two younger members of the family and the Trust whom they sued for maladministration and lost.

Those rifts and other factors caused the family and the Trust to want to dispose of Rovers as rapidly as possible in 2010. 

Archived