BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Latest VLL Share Issue

awhom111

2 hours ago, philipl said:

No they didn't go to Court to force a sale as far as I know.

The issue was between two younger members of the family and the Trust whom they sued for maladministration and lost.

Those rifts and other factors caused the family and the Trust to want to dispose of Rovers as rapidly as possible in 2010. 

Ross Walker was pissed off at the club being allowed to buy players for x million, but he being the sole son and heir to the business had to go to the trust to ask for money to set up the rocket centre and this may have been the start of the infighting.

The other children were paid off with 100 million plus each,  but Ross is still ( as far as l know ) under the control of the trust.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rocket centre was put up for sale a while back so maybe he's hightailing it to warmer climbs like the rest of them with their share of the loot. He started Rocket centre under his own steam a long long time ago I think and he was also one of the youngest so maybe his inheritance didn't kick in till a certain age or something ?

He always struck me as the only one to go off and do his own thing and actually graft.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Rocket centre was put up for sale a while back so maybe he's hightailing it to warmer climbs like the rest of them with their share of the loot. He started Rocket centre under his own steam a long long time ago I think and he was also one of the youngest so maybe his inheritance didn't kick in till a certain age or something ?

He always struck me as the only one to go off and do his own thing and actually graft.

Ross doesn't shy from work like the others but what I said about going to the trust is correct, as it was about 2m to set up. I know it pissed him off having to go cap in hand.

I think it was the start of pressure on the trust from family members that they did not want.

33 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:

Ross doesn't shy from work like the others but what I said about going to the trust is correct, as it was about 2m to set up. I know it pissed him off having to go cap in hand.

I think it was the start of pressure on the trust from family members that they did not want.

Pressure from the second Jack died more like it.

Ironic thing is that the disposal of Rovers was probably the one thing they agreed on. Not surprised about infighting we already know the Walker family have no moral values whatsoever. Howard Walker being the biggest example.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Not of monumental interest but here's the latest "confirmation statement" listing all the minority shareholders plus VLL (listed 91st for whatever reason) of course. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00053482/filing-history/MzIwMjY0MTc3OWFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

My Grandad's on the list with a small shareholding and he passed away in 1989. Anybody have any idea about how you go about transferring them?

William Bancroft is still alive? He must be 100, he was Chairman in 1971 and brought Furphy in wasn’t he.

That list is a result of the desperate days of late 60s early 70s when the club pleaded with fans to buy shares to keep the club going, “Rally Round the Rovers” I think was the tag line.

X games to save our club indeed

Archived