BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 10 games in

Kept of this messageboard on purpose to see how the 1st ten games went,i believe TM said judge me after 10 games,well i have and i like what i see.19pts after 10 games is not to be scoffed at,we had the predictable bad start and then the team started to gel.the summer recriutment has been for me HORSES FOR COURSES,some very good additions and some less so.ive read posts after every game bereting the team,manager etc but all in all most realise this is BRFC 2017 not 1995.

One point i struggle with is the wages,its hardly TM fault that players like Graham and Evans are on bucket loads and have very little intrest in being professional.Having the highest wage bill is not the present managers fault so why use it against him.

It seems all rovers fans have realised how important this season is to the club and the VENKYS protest seem to be on the backburner atm.i am very anti venkys but for the good of the club we need this season to be sucessfull.

just my thoughts see you sfter 23 games.

5 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

One point i struggle with is the wages,its hardly TM fault that players like Graham and Evans are on bucket loads and have very little intrest in being professional.Having the highest wage bill is not the present managers fault so why use it against him.

Not quite accurate. Mowbray was quite clear that he requested that no senior players be sold unless he authorised it. He has got his wish. He could possibly have got rid of the high earners if he wanted to. That's not really the point though, the point is he had £1.5m to spend, vastly more than anyone else, he kept the high earners, and added to the wage bill with more high earners. If we go up he deserves all the thanks and respect he will get, if we don't he has failed.

As for professionalism, Mowbray praised Graham's only the other day. I've never seen anyone question Evans commitment. just his ability.

It's a start that shows plenty of promise and if that promise is fulfilled we must surely finish in the top two. A plus point is that we have played poorly and won. A negative point is that after 10 games I don't think we have played particularly well for more than 45 minutes in any game. But it's a solid start with much room for improvement and I'll take that.

6th, 19 points, game on hand= perfectly OK after a calamitous first two games.

The problems we have are I believe rectifiable from within the squad resources we already have at the club.

Let's see where we are after 20 games but I will be astonished if we are not in the top 6 and well in contention for a top 2 finish.

• Backroom
8 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

It seems all rovers fans have realised how important this season is to the club and the VENKYS protest seem to be on the backburner atm.i am very anti venkys but for the good of the club we need this season to be sucessfull.

This has been said by somebody every year since we were relegated from the PL. Usually by people who have never had any intention of protesting to begin with.

As for our start to the season, average at best. A lot of poor to average performances and results. The good news is that we're seeing signs of improvement and progress. As Mowbray himself said, promotion is the only objective and our wage bill and transfer budget should be seeing us in the top two. Until we're there I'll hold off on any serious praise. There's a long way to go.

• 2 months later...

As promised back after 23 games,well I am very pleased with the way results are going.A point off a automatic promotion place,we are in a very handy position.

Reading this site can be a grind sometimes,the comments go from outrageous to just plain stupid.I read this week we cannot catch wigan,well wigan have not hit a bad patch yet,every team has one in a season.We are 5pts behind them easily catchable.

My biggest bug bear is the constant wingeing of TM,the guys doing great even the great Kenny Dagleish,did not win a game in 7,during our promotion season.

Onwards and upwards promotion in may.

On 12/27/2017 at 04:49, duggy9197 said:

As promised back after 23 games,well I am very pleased with the way results are going.A point off a automatic promotion place,we are in a very handy position.

Reading this site can be a grind sometimes,the comments go from outrageous to just plain stupid.I read this week we cannot catch wigan,well wigan have not hit a bad patch yet,every team has one in a season.We are 5pts behind them easily catchable.

My biggest bug bear is the constant wingeing of TM,the guys doing great even the great Kenny Dagleish,did not win a game in 7,during our promotion season.

Onwards and upwards promotion in may.

Where do i start?

TM rpomised top 2 - we are 3rd.

Wigan are on fire and demolishing teams by huge scorelines - we are not. (oh and we finished above them last season)

Why do i keep hearing this easily catchable tagline? They are dominating the league.

TM is doing great - he added a relegation to his CV and has now turned a team with the biggest budget, biggest wage bill and biggest history in Division 3 into a 3rd placed team (currently).

I know some of us doubters have been criticesed since this recent run ( which has put us not even close to where we should be) by the superfans but lets not hold this guy as a god. Get us promoted, success, if we dont, its a complete failure.

The only hope I cling to is we're on a hell of a run at the minute (12 games unbeaten in the league someone said),  you could argue that we've had our rough patch at the start of the season, where Wigan and Shrewsbury haven't had one yet. We're only 5 points behind Wigan, who are 1st. A 2 game turn is all it needs and we've overturned more to get up to 3rd in recent times. It's by no means a certainty, but we're well within reach of the top 2 and wouldn't write us off catching Wigan yet,depending on the January transfer business.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, dallydally said:

Watched the highlights of the Wigan/Shrewsbury game. Wigan had more than enough chances to win. Shrewsbury looked quite ordinary. Fancy we will pop them for 2nd place with the Latics taking pole position

17 shots to 4, Wigan totally dominated them and were obviously unlucky not to win. Similar to our match against Plymouth a couple of months ago. 

• 2 months later...

Well its 10 games to go and we are top off the pile,sure the moaners on here will not be happy,but Top of the league is Top.

I've read somewhere if wigan do this and Shrewsbury do that,we'll we have done it.

Ps Adamrochina I always new it was not typhoo that put the hunt in scunthorpe,if you can't be positive don't post.

• 1 month later...
  • K-Hod locked this topic

Archived