BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Tickets

Paul

We are planning to go to Wigan on the 28th. Haven’t been away for 3-4 years I suppose. 

I keep checking the club website for ticket details but nothing to be found. Am I missing something? Surely with only 19 days to go these should be on sale now?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

A lot of local away games coming up thick n fast.

Just had a look at an Oldham board....we're not exactly their favourite other team to put it mildly.Maybe due to the fact we used to take more away fans there than they had home support!

Intrigued if the tree is still growing at the open end terrace and is the pitch still plastic?! Anyone else remember the 'good old days' and getting thumped there 5-0? 

Still tickets on sale, which surprised me, I thought we'd have sold out by now. Out of interest, what was our allocation?

Apologies to all, my comments were totally off thread. We should have a large allocation for Wigan, strange they're not on sale. Perhaps they don't fancy a large away contingent from a team competing with their promotion aims?

Think we may stuggle to take a huge following, largely due to having Oldham, Wigan, Bury and Blackpool in close succession. 

A few may pick Oldham and Bury instead due to not playing there for decades, we seem to be at Wigan every year. Shame how the fixtures have bunched pretty much all our derbies (apart from Fleetwood) between September and November.

Wonder why Wigan are holding back on releasing tickets. Could be that they are worried about how many Rovers fans there will be compared to home fans. Home games this season for them have been 7-8,000 so the prospect of 4-5,000 Rovers fans turning up might be worrying them.

Just over 2 weeks until the game takes place and no ticket info released is bizarre.

There's no spare slots for it to move and still be on TV, so the only other reason to move would be police.  It's never been an issue in other years and it's not late on enough for it to be that high profile.  I'd be surprised if the reason was anything other than Wigan being a bit of a noddy outfit.

It'll be another 3k plus following if they don't faff with the Kick Off times or day particularly if we get some more points on the board between now and then. Huge game, biggest of season so far potentially.

I just spoke to the Wigan ticket office to ask what the situation is with Away tickets sales and availability and was given a very snotty reply of "ask your own club, they have the tickets and the information!" - lol!

I then spoke to our ticket office 10 mins ago and was informed that they've been calling Wigan relentlessly over the past few days for an update. Apparently the tickets will arrive tomorrow morning, so with any luck will be on sale in the afternoon.

No info on allocation 

Tickets apparently go on sale for Wigan tomorrow.

Our initial allocation is 4,800.

We should be all over this fixture like a rash. If we ever needed to really come out in force for a fixture then this is it!

Fill that end at Wigan and it really would be a statement that potential purchasers would find difficult to ignore!

That aside, it's imperative we win there!

From past experience Wigan are usually on the ball with pay on the day opening several turnstiles and also moving the netting if need be, that end holds about 5100 I think. They seem quite happy with that arrangement when it's not a bank holiday or cheap ticket fixture so that might be why they don't bother rushing. We'll have another great following but I doubt it'll top 5k, be nice if it did though.

Archived