Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Tickets

Paul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Mattyblue said:

I bought mine post match yesterday and they are still only selling the two middle blocks (out of about 7), so we’ve some serious selling to do this week...

In fairness though, due to Wigans ineptitude, they are only on general sale from tomorrow. I think yesterday might just have convinced some of the waverers to buy one. On the other hand they might just think another false dawn......................... 

On 12/10/2017 at 17:50, darrenrover said:

Tickets apparently go on sale for Wigan tomorrow.

Our initial allocation is 4,800.

We should be all over this fixture like a rash. If we ever needed to really come out in force for a fixture then this is it!

Fill that end at Wigan and it really would be a statement that potential purchasers would find difficult to ignore!

That aside, it's imperative we win there!

Just think if the Chinese consortium in for Wigan had a rethink after seeing a passionate away following and a 0-3 scoreline! :) 

And then Venkys wouldn’t sell. :( 

Think we'll have 2 to 3k at this but no more, still a good following but not a new ground a very often visited one and not as easy access on the train for all the day trippers on the pish as Rochdale / Oldham/Bury etc so a lot might swerve it and save their cash for another day.

Shame as the magnitude of the game should see it nearly full but what the hell were they playing at with the tickets ?  Shocking effort by both clubs so no one can be surprised when far less than you'd expect turn up.

Just unlucky timing really, load of local away matches coming one after the other.

Then apart from Fleetwood (very small allocation), we’ve no local away matches at all after November.

If Wigan away had been in the run in (assuming both clubs challenging for promotion), you’d imagine it would be our biggest following there since the days of THAT goal!

7 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Just unlucky timing really, load of local away matches coming one after the other.

Then apart from Fleetwood (very small allocation), we’ve no local away matches at all after November.

If Wigan away had been in the run in (assuming both clubs challenging for promotion), you’d imagine it would be our biggest following there since the days of THAT goal!

We have an allocation of about 27,000 against Fleetwood.

I would be amazed if Wigan doesn't attract at least 3,000 travelling Rovers fas.

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Think we'll have 2 to 3k at this but no more, still a good following but not a new ground a very often visited one and not as easy access on the train for all the day trippers on the pish as Rochdale / Oldham/Bury etc so a lot might swerve it and save their cash for another day.

Shame as the magnitude of the game should see it nearly full but what the hell were they playing at with the tickets ?  Shocking effort by both clubs so no one can be surprised when far less than you'd expect turn up.

Are they not capable of a bit of a walk? It's abut 15 minutes stroll down the canal towpath.

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

There's only 1 change on train easier than some mentioned guess its where you located for ease of journey.

When you get on the cut is it a left or right don't want to end up in liverpool:P last time I went I got a bus from the town centre a few years ago it's on a estate as I recall wasn't Springfield. I can always ask a local regarding the canal.

Going into Manchester might be the attraction for a lot of day trippers on the lash for other local games anyway we'll see on the day i'm sure it'll be another healthy turnout.

I'm not going to spend the morning sifting through national rail enquiries to enter a train stop pissing contest .

1 hour ago, Bluebarley said:

When you get on the cut is it a left or right don't want to end up in liverpool:P last time I went I got a bus from the town centre a few years ago it's on a estate as I recall wasn't Springfield. I can always ask a local regarding the canal.

We always get there early and park next to a pub near where Springfield park used to be I think, Bricklayers Arms or Brickmakers or something. Down the side of there through the estate and over the cut on that bridge. It's an ok pub to go in after as well, everyone will be watching rugger if it's on :lol:

2 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

It's actually a straight on as the canal turns ninety degrees under the bridge. Anyway, you do want to be going towards Liverpool! Stop when you get to the ground. For anyone looking for a bit of a challenge it's 21.5 miles from Ewood Aqueduct all along the towpath.

37 minutes ago, meadows said:

Walking down you get on the canal bank and head right as you’ve seen it from the road...you’ll be able to se the ground practically all the way. 

The London-bound trains are best to hop on as they stop first at Wigan...it’s barely worth sitting down. The Liverpool trains will stop once or twice before 

As you walk out of the station and turn left just the other side of the bridge there, there’s is a smashing real ale pub the name of which just escapes me. 

Liverpool trains can be caught at Euxton. Easy parking, unlike Preston, much nearer to Blackburn and only takes a few minutes more than the London trains.

47 minutes ago, 47er said:

Liverpool trains can be caught at Euxton. Easy parking, unlike Preston, much nearer to Blackburn and only takes a few minutes more than the London trains.

That's OK if you're happy to wait until 18.04 for a train back.

Archived