Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

:)

There used to be 10 of us for home games now there's just two (and one won't go away cos his better half  won't let him, which is probably wise as he's Brahms and Liszt after three pints. I can easily have 4 on a Leo Sayer:D)

We'll have to start a club for jilted Rovers singletons. You never know, we might even get on;)

We'll get on fine ....... as long as the conversation steers away from Venkys/Agents/Shadows/Coowners/Soccerinvestmentfunds/Falsedebt oh and the big one .... Gary Bowyer :lol::lol::lol:

We can talk about the weather I suppose !

2 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

can you not call them and pick it up at Oldham? 

I have no idea how easy it would be to get tickets for the home ends. I think you just have to purchase your tickets by 5pm over the phone, I'm sure you could pick them up tomorrow at the ground. Just hide your Rovers scarf and talk in a cod-Manc accent :)

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It didn't change the fact that Mowbray thought he could leave two defensively suspect full backs without any protection. His point about Lenihan was more to do with the fact that we have to sit deeper than Mowbray wants when Lenny doesn't play because Ward and Mulgrew couldn't catch a cold once the ball has gone beyond them (as the Donny game showed). A fit again Lenihan won't alter the fact that Caddis and especially Williams will always struggle against a decent. pacey winger if they don't have Bennett and Conway doubling up with them.

Downing has been good. Not sure how quick he is though.

You're spot on really, I just think it's worthwhile to mention the difference Darraghs injury will have made to plans - he alluded to wanting another pacey CB, perhaps he sees Lenihan and someone else our long term centreback pairings, which would suit me since Charlie is getting on a bit! 

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I wanted to but nobody would go with me! Don't understand it really :lol:

Wigan and Bury are both pencilled in but moneys a bit tight. I may just have to suffer at Ewood every other week instead:o

You and @Gav could've tagged along with me and a few lads...! :) 

5 minutes ago, Biz said:

You and @Gav could've tagged along with me and a few lads...! :) 

You're very kind, sir. I may take you up on that offer one day;)

It's all very civilised on here today. Must be some reverse Friday 13th thing.

Have a good day out and I'll look forward to a match report...if you remember any of it:rover:

3 hours ago, Biz said:

You're spot on really, I just think it's worthwhile to mention the difference Darraghs injury will have made to plans - he alluded to wanting another pacey CB, perhaps he sees Lenihan and someone else our long term centreback pairings, which would suit me since Charlie is getting on a bit! 

I think the injury to Lenihan pretty much sounded the death knell for his three centre half plans. This week he talked up Lenihans mobility and pace which is one of the most important components of such a system. Reading that he wanted another speedy centre back confirms that to me that he wanted (and probably will do again) to play this system all season until the injury to Lenihan put paid to it.

27 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/october/13102017-fans-have-until-midnight-to-buy-online/

Tickets now on sale till midnight online in Oldham ends. They'll be still be selling them at half time at this rate:)

I think I saw something on one of their forums that said that they keep putting made up deadlines on their tickets so people think that they have to buy them immediately as Oldham need the money asap :lol:

32 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Anyone else going in the home ends? I'm sorely tempted to go in the main George Hill Stand (not the new one) next to the away end (Lower/CRE on the seating plan).

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/oafc/details/event.aspx?itemref=1640

I'll look out for you on ifollow, after our first goal

15 hours ago, arbitro said:

I think the injury to Lenihan pretty much sounded the death knell for his three centre half plans. This week he talked up Lenihans mobility and pace which is one of the most important components of such a system. Reading that he wanted another speedy centre back confirms that to me that he wanted (and probably will do again) to play this system all season until the injury to Lenihan put paid to it.

Precisely, I think he probably feels it's easier to control a game at this level with that kind of width, however I do feel we'd need better wing backs, rather than the limited set we currently employ.

As BB said, we have a set of wide men who will protect those two if they start, but perhaps they'd both suit being used in a 352, allowing us to play the same two sitting midfielders, with Dack in the hole between two central strikers as opposed to one.

Archived