BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

Just now, mhead said:

Does Neil Warnock have results like this?

No wonder some of us get SO hacked off with the lack of any direction at the Club.

And so annoyed with posters on here in various stages of 'denial'

This is exactly the problem. The direction we need to be steered in is upward but we have no directors and nobody at the club with any interest except for self-interest.

The really sad thing is that only when Mowbray feels he can do no more will the manager be changed - and by the time that happens we will be struggling in the bottom half of the table and it will be too late.

The new mantra at this club is: Think It’ll Do.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Jack ..the players are getting off very lightly with criticism..yep TM in charge but this lot are professionals who at the mo cant do the basics never mind formations .tactics ..

It all stems from the man in charge. You see it time and time again.

Paul Ince couldn’t get the team to do anything, we conceded goals for fun. Bring in a manager who could organise and the same players suddenly look so much better.

Jack already said TM is not blameless...but why does a profesional footballer not do the basics ..forget tactics etc ?..not good enough ??

Well they should be good enough as TM bought/selects/trains them.

Jack already said TM is not blameless...but why does a profesional footballer not do the basics ..forget tactics etc ?..not good enough ??

I remember Kidd talking about how motivation comes from within. I think it was around the "rubber dinghy men" time.

Players must take responsibility. Has TM lost their confidence/belief?....not that it is an excuse for lack of effort...

Just now, davulsukur said:

It all stems from the man in charge. You see it time and time again.

Paul Ince couldn’t get the team to do anything, we conceded goals for fun. Bring in a manager who could organise and the same players suddenly look so much better.

Get Souness out of retirement -  my god he would make the team perform.

5 minutes ago, Speedie Dived said:

We do not have the best squad in the division. We have the one you know most about. Wigan are walking this league

We should be walking this league. As it is we are massively underachieving.

Mowbray needs to make us a team to fear not the team to beat.

Just now, JacknOry said:

Well they should be good enough as TM bought/selects/trains them.

yet cant make three passes nOry ..? his players  ..final buck ..but really if our players were as good as some make out on here we wouldnt need tactics ..

Incredibly poor today, Oldham fully deserved the win. 

A missed opportunity with lots of the top 6 teams dropping points unexpectedly. 12 points of the top 2 does not make great viewing. Shrewsbury's form seems to have faltered though. 

Need to win 5 or 6 in a row to get right back up there.

yet cant make three passes nOry ..? his players  ..final buck ..but really if our players were as good as some make out on here we wouldnt need tactics ..

My name is not oNory

So if they are not as good as most make out - why the hell are they here and on wages better than anywhere else in the division? Are you Mrs Mowbray?

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We should be walking this league. As it is we are massively underachieving.

Mowbray needs to make us a team to fear not the team to beat.

How many managers have we had in recent years who havent done that yet we think they should have ? 

4 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I guess you’re being a bit colourful with that last sentence but just in case, players being so good they don’t need tactics is crazy talk. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

My name is not Jackie (except on thursday nights)

I know you keep saying that but what is your view on TM? He manages them after all

Run of the mill League One boss ..hit n miss ..but thats who ve we got . my gripe is that the players cant do the bloody basics required in football irrelevant of whos the manager 

Run of the mill League One boss ..hit n miss ..but thats who ve we got . my gripe is that the players cant do the bloody basics required in football irrelevant of whos the manager 

yes they can.

Just now, davulsukur said:

I guess you’re being a bit colourful with that last sentence but just in case, players being so good they don’t need tactics is crazy talk. 

It is when we cant string three passes together and do the basics  ! That would be start  but yes ..tactics are required ..but how can you follow out tactics if you cant do the basics ..?? Players need to have a look at themselves ..

How many managers have we had in recent years who havent done that yet we think they should have ? 

You keep blame the players, the same players that we have sold who seem to do well for other clubs. Its the infrastructure here and the managers at the top.

Archived