SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Gav said:

To call for the managers head when we're 3 points off the play offs is nothing short of embarrassing, of illusions of grandeur.

Its disappointing to lose and I didn't go so can't really comment on the performance, sounded cr@p, but nothing more than a bad day at the office from a bunch of 3rd division players who play in this league because they struggle for consistency, and a manager who works for a club with no structure thats rotten to its core.

Regroup and go again against Plymouth.

If you saw the lack of effort you'd think otherwise. Wish i had your attitude as then I'd give up and never watch again. Sadly, I still care and won't accept poor performances or blame the owners on a lack of effort or leadership. Venkys out but doesnt excuse what we saw today 

Just now, Gav said:

To call for the managers head when we're 3 points off the play offs is nothing short of embarrassing, of illusions of grandeur.

Its disappointing to lose and I didn't go so can't really comment on the performance, sounded cr@p, but nothing more than a bad day at the office from a bunch of 3rd division players who play in this league because they struggle for consistency, and a manager who works for a club with no structure thats rotten to its core.

That was worse than a loss. We capitulated - we gave up at the end. Heads went down. That is something I won't accept.

Just now, Gav said:

I'm not calling for him to go but the real issue for me is that there is nothing to cling on to, no sign of any green shoots that give me much confidence for the next game and probably season. By League One standards he has had a fortune to spend and at this moment in time it doesn't look like it has been spent well. His tactics and silly formations have cost us already this season and his team selection is sometimes baffling. I was aware of murmurings today which were probably borne out of frustration and ultimately anger but unless there is a marked improvement the heat will be turned up. Don't forget we were favourites to win this league a few weeks ago.

You are right about the club being dysfunctional but Mowbray and the players are shielded away from that side of it. His job is to get results and at the moment he is just about doing enough.

Didn't go to the game after a very busy working week but listened to the game and we seemed awful and disinterested. The players attitude need to question and if not right then drop them. Rather have 11 players playing for the club trying 100% and giving their all and losing then a bunch of over paid players who think they are better than league 1 and uninterested. 

Can anyone comment on Graham's performance and does he look uninterest and lazy?

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Usually I would agree with you but time and time again I/we have backed managers and players and time and time again they have let us down to where we are now. How long can you back someone until the ship sails and it's to late. I love TM the man but all the signs are their that this is going to be another season of disappointment. We all  know the off field problems but Something isn't clicking on the field with a quarter of the season played. Are most expensive signing can't get a start and after saying he wanted to go all the way in the checkatrade he let's the players decide if they can be arsed to play or not. Topped by not just abysmal defeats to awful teams but poor performances when we win. I hate to say it but anything but a win and excellent performance from the players proving they want to play for TM on Tuesday then it's time to be pro active and save our season. I didn't go today but he didn't think today's performance was that bad just lacking in the final third. You decide 

I'm sorry but if Mowbray thought today's performance wasn't that bad he needs to step down ASAP. What will the players be thinking when they hear that sort of talk ? That half hearted, lack lustre, tired, shabby , lethargic, careless, brain dead effort was the pits.  They need to be in extra training tomorrow morning not getting an arm around the shoulder.

I thought we had a manager that told it like it was, I was wrong, he's just a bull shitter like all the rest. Today we were lacking all over the pitch not just the final third.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can anyone comment on Graham's performance and does he look uninterest and lazy?

Same as last year - slow and little ability.

He did try and close down a bit from the front but that should be the minimum we expect.

I don't think it's his attitude, I think he's just past it.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm sorry but if Mowbray thought today's performance wasn't that bad he needs to step down ASAP. What will the players be thinking when they hear that sort of talk ? That half hearted, lack lustre, tired, shabby , lethargic, careless, brain dead effort was the pits.  They need to be in extra training tomorrow morning not getting an arm around the shoulder.

I thought we had a manager that told it like it was, I was wrong, he's just a bull shitter like all the rest. Today we were lacking all over the pitch not just the final third.

Mowbray's post match comments

Tony Mowbray was honest in his assessment of Rovers' 1-0 defeat at Oldham on Saturday, saying his side "have to be better".

The Blues had chances to win the game but, ultimately, it was Queensy Menig's last-minute winner which separated the sides at Boundary Park.

Speaking after the game, Mowbray was naturally disappointed to come away empty handed, and has called for Rovers to improve going forward.

"Obviously, we were well below par," he said. "I thought we could have played until next weekend and not scored a goal.

"Creativity in the final third was really poor; we can't keep a clean sheet and try to scrape a win every week, we have to be better than that. 

"I thought the defenders got bullied a little bit, their strikers caused us some problems and we didn't cause them any. We got what we deserved.

"It was really frustrating, both for us and the thousands of supports who have paid to be here. I wouldn't question the players' desire, I thought that was there, we were desperate to get a result."

Asked about Rovers' opponents and their performance, the boss was keen to focus on his own side, and reiterated the need to bounce back against Plymouth on Tuesday night. 

"Oldham are a confident team at the moment, they've won a few on the bounce," he added. "I've been watching them; they have talented footballers and we were aware of that, but my disappointment comes from how we played.

"We have to be miles better if we think we're going to find the consistency to stay at the top. We have to be better than we showed today.

"Injuries are part of the game and we have to put up with it. But we have to be better, I've said that to the players, so we'll see if we can do that moving forward."

I haven't seen he highlights,but I was concerned when I saw that Dack was dropped for Conway. A player just returning after an injury lay off. Dack has been one of our best players of late. It just shows mowbray is an overly cautious manager and it rubs off on the players. He is making hard work of something easy. Look at Wigan. Case in point. 

A great day out with guys who really care. Unfortnately we aren’t on the pitch. A special mention for lack of effort for whitingham a new Murphy not a single  positive contribution , none ,zilch, nothing. If he reads this warnock shifted you from  Cardiff for a reason see above.

Secondly and less derogartory Elliot ward tries hard but I’m 57 and I would. Can’t run, tackle or head and has no positional sense. However unlike whittingham I believe he’s doing his best.

Then there’s our manager.  He’s managed teams in this division but doesn’t seem to appreciate what’s needed. We move ourselves and the ball slowly, no aggression or commitment even compared to Oldham. Second to everything and looked surprised at being thrown around. 

International breaks and time to prepare and that’s it. How much time does he need to recognise we have to tackle, chase and out fight them. We have to win the right to play. 

I assume he will blame the players but warnock took over a failing Cardiff team.

Discuss the art of management.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray's post match comments

Tony Mowbray was honest in his assessment of Rovers' 1-0 defeat at Oldham on Saturday, saying his side "have to be better".

The Blues had chances to win the game but, ultimately, it was Queensy Menig's last-minute winner which separated the sides at Boundary Park.

Speaking after the game, Mowbray was naturally disappointed to come away empty handed, and has called for Rovers to improve going forward.

"Obviously, we were well below par," he said. "I thought we could have played until next weekend and not scored a goal.

"Creativity in the final third was really poor; we can't keep a clean sheet and try to scrape a win every week, we have to be better than that. 

"I thought the defenders got bullied a little bit, their strikers caused us some problems and we didn't cause them any. We got what we deserved.

"It was really frustrating, both for us and the thousands of supports who have paid to be here. I wouldn't question the players' desire, I thought that was there, we were desperate to get a result."

Asked about Rovers' opponents and their performance, the boss was keen to focus on his own side, and reiterated the need to bounce back against Plymouth on Tuesday night. 

"Oldham are a confident team at the moment, they've won a few on the bounce," he added. "I've been watching them; they have talented footballers and we were aware of that, but my disappointment comes from how we played.

"We have to be miles better if we think we're going to find the consistency to stay at the top. We have to be better than we showed today.

"Injuries are part of the game and we have to put up with it. But we have to be better, I've said that to the players, so we'll see if we can do that moving forward."

It is his team,his players,his motivation and his training methods. Where is the personal responsibility?

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

It is his team,his players,his motivation and his training methods. Where is the personal responsibility?

what about the players having some responsibility and playing to the ability and stop hiding behind tactics and just show how much they want to play for this club and the fans

I've not read the thread so am unaware of others opinions.

From start to finish, today was absolutely abysmal in every respect.

I don't understand our team selections, formation, can't see the logic in any of our play whatsoever and don't get me started on substitutions.

To cap it all nobody on the field of play appeared to give a toss.

There's nine of our lot today should hang their heads in absolute embarrassment, I can forgive a bad day at the office but the lack of care and effort on display today was inexcusable.

Promotion, we're having a laugh.

I'm absolutely f*****g seething at what we've become.

It's always worse if you witness the debacle and I sympathise with the tremendous support that made the effort to be let down by the side, AGAIN.

TM has so far brought a bit of stability to the playing side, signed a few and improved a contract or 2 which is major progress compared to the last 8yrs.

Calling for his head is absolutely bonkers, especially after what we've witnessed in recent times, get a grip.

7 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Same as last year - slow and little ability.

He did try and close down a bit from the front but that should be the minimum we expect.

I don't think it's his attitude, I think he's just past it.

I think his attitude stinks. He plays like he couldn't care less. Just happy to collect his wedge.

Big Davis up front for Oldham is the sort of player Mowbray should have signed for the Rovers not the lightweight strikers in our team anyway losing to Oldham is unforgivable and automatic promotion is a pipe dream.What an away following though these players do not deserve such support and should hang their heads in shame. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

what about the players having some responsibility and playing to the ability and stop hiding behind tactics and just show how much they want to play for this club and the fans

Yes,obviously,no-one is saying they shouldn't, but should Mowbray not take some responsibility instead of blaming the players every time we lose?

Just now, arbitro said:

I'm not calling for him to go but the real issue for me is that there is nothing to cling on to, no sign of any green shoots that give me much confidence for the next game and probably season. By League One standards he has had a fortune to spend and at this moment in time it doesn't look like it has been spent well. His tactics and silly formations have cost us already this season and his team selection is sometimes baffling. I was aware of murmurings today which were probably borne out of frustration and ultimately anger but unless there is a marked improvement the heat will be turned up. Don't forget we were favourites to win this league a few weeks ago.

You are right about the club being dysfunctional but Mowbray and the players are shielded away from that side of it. His job is to get results and at the moment he is just about doing enough.

Yeah I agree. I'm sick and tired of seeing us bullied by players who are prepared to put the effort in.

1 minute ago, Gav said:

It's always worse if you witness the debacle and I sympathise with the tremendous support that made the effort to be let down by the side, AGAIN.

TM has so far brought a bit of stability to the playing side, signed a few and improved a contract or 2 which is major progress compared to the last 8yrs.

Calling for his head is absolutely bonkers, especially after what we've witnessed in recent times, get a grip.

Its the manner of these performances we are pulling out far to regularly. 

We never comfortably win a game. Yet we limply lose to teams deep in the bottom half,both home and away. 

It's always the players fault then,yet he dropped Dack for Conway who had been out injured. Baffling stuff 

He is close to the sack for me. I hate saying that 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

As much as the players do need to be doing miles better, the manager is showing that his comment about thinking thats hes good tactically is laughable.

Absolutely rubbish going forward, and its no wonder. Antonsson ineffective up front, has a couple of decent games wide, put back up front again.

Samuel (another of his signings who has far more bad games than good) plays up front, then pushed wide. Dack, sub, then wide, then central. Bennett wide, then central. Whittingham more than once recently, central then wide. 

Mowbray thinks hes a tactical genius but its no wonder the attack are so toothless, they are constantly shunted here there and everywhere.

4 losses in 11 is nearly all of the losses we can afford all season already, I'd say he has to be on thin ice now.

Yes,obviously,no-one is saying they shouldn't, but should Mowbray not take some responsibility instead of blaming the players every time we lose?

you didn't say that in the first post. 

Mowbray is responsibility for the tactics but if the players don't play to those tactics or played to their ability on the pitch surely that the players fault?

Sorry but is Mowbray on something. That was oldham not Real Madrid. Oldham talented. My god man. I know things have gone down hill but for god sake I do not believe that Oldham are talented.

im not often derogatory but what an arse. That is an apologist way of explaining an inability to do their job. So they are more talented than we expected given two weeks of planning.

what is it they surprised us with

endeavour? A good attitude? Wanting to win? Commitment to the shirt?

tackling? Passing? Working for each other as a team?

What a set of talented clever b.......ts

Its the manner of these performances we are pulling out far to regularly. 

We never comfortably win a game. Yet we limply lose to teams deep in the bottom half,both home and away. 

It's always the players fault then,yet he dropped Dack for Conway who had been out injured. Baffling stuff 

He is close to the sack for me. I hate saying that 

We didn't limply lose to Oldham today, had they had more composure in the final third, we could have been thumped by 3 or 4. Not the first time this season is it?

Archived