BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

If we don't go up then lets sack him LD, that'll show em..

This obsession with getting rid of managers? when we need some sort of stability in the club is so short sighted for me.

If they're sh1te like that w@nker Coyle get rid, but TM is head and shoulders above that knob and posters are calling for his head?

You miss the point Gav, Mowbray himself has said this. 12 points adrift currently, I'd say with a good run we'd be in 2018 before we could expect to be near top 2 - based on what the performances have been like thus far would you believe he can fashion a promotion push? Nice bloke and I like him as a person but there's no way he's ruthless enough.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LDRover said:

You miss the point Gav, Mowbray himself has said this. 12 points adrift currently, I'd say with a good run we'd be in 2018 before we could expect to be near top 2 - based on what the performances have been like thus far would you believe he can fashion a promotion push? Nice bloke and I like him as a person but there's no way he's ruthless enough.

I'm not missing the point, I just disagree pal on the managers position.

20 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

Dreading Tuesday night after today. Too many performances that make us look like the worst team in the league, Plymouth must really fancy their chances.

Who thinks Cheston will give ToMo the hairdryer treatment Monday morning?

As over reactions go, this is up there.

We were bad today, and Mowbray’s selection/ tactics subs didn’t help matters. Overall though, there was one team which wanted it more and that wasn’t us! We might not have been decent since Rotherham, but worst team in the league? Calmed down dear! 

Still disgusted. Thankfully the players got both barrels post game from the rightly fed up fans. Tactically abysmal but that doesn't excuse a lack of application or effort. Spoke to a few Oldham fans pre game who couldn't believe how bad we were and how little our players wanted it. Sad.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

TM needs time, we're not playing football manager, he's doing a decent job.

:huh:

Mowbray and the team are underperforming Gav given the means at our disposal at this level...to suggest otherwise is pure poppycock.

We need positive results,we need to get out of this league first time....our time is limited.

No excuses for the team not performing infront of 3,500 travelling fans,I'm having none of it!

THE MANAGER AND TEAM NEED TO RAISE THEIR GAME.

8 hours ago, Gav said:

If we don't go up then lets sack him LD, that'll show em..

This obsession with getting rid of managers? when we need some sort of stability in the club is so short sighted for me.

If they're sh1te like that w@nker Coyle get rid, but TM is head and shoulders above that knob and posters are calling for his head?

Whilst TM seems head and shoulders above Coyle as a bloke, there is no evidence to suggest he is as a manager.

Neither would've been appointed by people who have football nouse on the basis that their careers appeared to be in terminal decline.

It's catch 22. Mowbray probably doesn't have it in him to get us promoted, (despite being well backed), but no doubt if he's sacked, another unsuitable appointment will be made.

Utterly terrible yesterday, still struggling to get over how bad we were. 

Oldham would have won that 5-0 or more but for their awful shooting. 

May as well not bothered with a midfield as they just waltzed through every single time, Byrne ran the show. 

We've been sh-it all season, I'm surprised people are surprised. Not been one game this season were we have looked like a promotion contender. Don't think we even have a chance of top 6, poor side.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

Its a fare comment bazza, no problem with that :tu:

But I'd wager you'll not find another set of supporters in the country looking for a managerial sacking when 3 points of the playoffs.

Its a unique position and you have to ask yourself why?

I think its because posters on this site think we should be romping this league, whilst ignoring the last 8yrs when we've struggled to put 3 wins a row together.

TM needs time, we're not playing football manager, he's doing a decent job.

Gav, we are in Division 3!! Regardless of the circumstances, at what point should we expect more? At what point will enough be enough?

We have fans bickering over the odd win or loss here and there as a point scoring exercise but the wider picture is one of continuing decline. We cannot afford to become a mid table League One side - or worse - for any length of time. At this stage, it’s difficult to say that Venkys will relegate or even promote us because the bills are still being paid and we have some decent players at this level. But the playing decisions by the manager make a massive difference. If his hands are tied by some contractual ‘issues’ (such as the rumoured Wharton one) then Mowbray needs to say something - at the same time as handing in his resignation. Our start to the season has been poor and despite the potential, I’ve no confidence in Mowbray winning out two games in hand, even WITH Mulgrew playing.

Just now, AAK said:

We've been sh-it all season, I'm surprised people are surprised. Not been one game this season were we have looked like a promotion contender. Don't think we even have a chance of top 6, poor side.

Sorry but this just isn't true imo, we've controlled some games and looked good and bad in equal measures.

• J*B unpinned this topic

Just watching that little clip should tell the guys who didn't go yesterday just what was going on. We were second to too many balls we should have won. We lacked enthusiasm, we were heavy footed and back on our heels when we should have been on our toes. We got brushed off the ball far too easily and we were looking to the referee for help when we should have been fighting fire with fire and getting stuck in. For the uninitiated little ankle taps on an opponent running away with the ball is not getting stuck in.

Hardly anybody was taking responsibility to turn things around 

The body language was awful right from the off. We played like a collection of players who would much rather be sat in the pub watching a match than actually playing in one. Nobody seems to play with a smile on his face and they look like players who actually don't enjoy playing the game anymore.

I suspect team spirit is very poor in the camp. All this pre game bullshit of group hugs and high fives doesn't fool me. We've too many players who are just playing for themselves. How hard you work for your team mates tells me more about team spirit. How often you run 20 yards to show for a pass when your mate is struggling in possession. How hard you track back to help win the ball or cover the full back.  How hard the front players  press the opponents back four. Sometimes it's how hard you bollock a mate if he's done something completely stupid. That's what good teammates can do. You respect each other and what get's said out on the pitch stays out on the pitch.

We desperately need some pace in our game. We've a very slow back four ( probably the slowest back four I've ever seen in a Rovers team ), pedestrian midfield, apart from Chapman no real pace up front. We're really easy to play against.

Having said all that where do we go from here ? You could drop about 6 of that team that played yesterday but the question is are the replacements any better.

Tough times down at Ewood- if we fail to perform against Plymouth I'll be expecting changes in the coaching staff. Get Johnno involved with running the first team and move Mowbray into a " front of house " role.

We need somebody running affairs at the club who isn't used to losing. Look at the difference in attitude Cook has made at Wigan.

32 minutes ago, Biz said:

Sorry but this just isn't true imo, we've controlled some games and looked good and bad in equal measures.

Passing the ball along the back four, into midfield, and then back across the defence isn't 'controlling games'. At home I'd say we've had three good halves out of 10. The performances against Dons and Donny were two of the most wretched performances I've seen at Ewood.

Away we've been better more often apparently.

It's the lack of passion and ambition that gets me. It's just so dull. But that's how Mowbray wants to play - 'control' the game, keep our shape (sit deep) and absolutely no flair players anywhere on the pitch. They are the work of the devil. :rolleyes:

41 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Gav, we are in Division 3!! Regardless of the circumstances, at what point should we expect more? At what point will enough be enough?

We have fans bickering over the odd win or loss here and there as a point scoring exercise but the wider picture is one of continuing decline. We cannot afford to become a mid table League One side - or worse - for any length of time. At this stage, it’s difficult to say that Venkys will relegate or even promote us because the bills are still being paid and we have some decent players at this level. But the playing decisions by the manager make a massive difference. If his hands are tied by some contractual ‘issues’ (such as the rumoured Wharton one) then Mowbray needs to say something - at the same time as handing in his resignation. Our start to the season has been poor and despite the potential, I’ve no confidence in Mowbray winning out two games in hand, even WITH Mulgrew playing.

We'll never get more until we get rid of the 3 stooges running the club, we're currently structured to fail and continue to fail we will Stuart until they leave.

Not aimed at you but we have posters who believe we have a divine right to romp this league, because we're Blackburn Rovers and have spent a small amount of cash, whilst ignoring the last 8yrs of decline, bad decisions and damn right skullduggery.

We are 3 points of the playoffs and only 8 weeks into the season, yesterday sounded awful but the knee jerking is way over the top, typical Brfcs.

Just now, Gav said:

We'll never get more until we get rid of the 3 stooges running the club, we're currently structured to fail and continue to fail we will Stuart until they leave.

Not aimed at you but we have posters who believe we have a divine right to romp this league, because we're Blackburn Rovers and have spent a small amount of cash, whilst ignoring the last 8yrs of decline, bad decisions and damn right skullduggery.

We are 3 points of the playoffs and only 8 weeks into the season, yesterday sounded awful but the knee jerking is way over the top, typical Brfcs.

I didn't expect us  to stroll the league and I didn't expect us to have it easy yesterday. As I said on this site I fancied us for a 1-1 draw against a resurgent Oldham. What I did expect was for us to compete - we didn't.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I suspect team spirit is very poor in the camp. All this pre game bullshit of group hugs and high fives doesn't fool me. We've too many players who are just playing for themselves.

It looks more like a lack of character rather than a lack of team spirit to me. Every time I've seen them they genuinely look delighted for each other when they win and score. There's just not many 'winners' in that team. Would you want to go in the trenches with the likes of Whittingham,, Chapman, Caddis Dack, Antonnson, Mulgrew, Gladwin and Samuel. Even Ward is a big fanny for his size. They are all 'nice' footballers but there's no real fight there. Smallwood is a one man army, the rest have fled the trenches. Too many 'artists', not enough 'soldiers'. Hurry back soon Lenihan.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I didn't expect us  to stroll the league and I didn't expect us to have it easy yesterday. As I said on this site I fancied us for a 1-1 draw against a resurgent Oldham. What I did expect was for us to compete - we didn't.

Good thing about being in this league is games come thick and fast TS, so we have a good opportunity to put things right on Tuesday against a side that are rock bottom of the league, but got a respectable draw against high flying Shrewsbury yesterday.

It's easy " singing when you're winning " .  It's courage in adversity you need. It's the guys who grab the ball out of the back of the net and run back to the centre spot and restart the game when you"ve just conceded you want in your team. 

When we conceded yesterday and we got the five minutes left to play announcement did you think even for a milli second that we might equalise ? I didn't.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15597197.Oldham_Athletic_1_Blackburn_Rovers_0__PLAYER_RATINGS/?ref=mac

Team full of tarts. Smallwood the exception. You only have to watch that team a couple of times to know exactly how they will play as individuals. I think those ratings and descriptions will be able to be copied and pasted into a lot of future match reports this season.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15597197.Oldham_Athletic_1_Blackburn_Rovers_0__PLAYER_RATINGS/?ref=mac

Team full of tarts. Smallwood the exception. You only have to watch that team a couple of times to know exactly how they will play as individuals. I think those ratings and descriptions will be able to be copied and pasted into a lot of future match reports this season.

I can't argue with any of that. We were out enthused all over the pitch.

Archived