BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Childish? Debt?

It's tongue in cheek... Remember your post on Friday regarding the debt.. Thats why I'm referring to the irony... 

Back on track yesterday the players and management need to take a good look at themselves after that non display 

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I dodged that bullet.

If you're both expecting objective chin-stroking on a MB after another abject performance then you will always be disappointed. You get the same reactions on twitter and elsewhere. At any rate, Andy just says the same as everyone else on here in his blog. If you read between the lines he's even acknowledging the possibility that Mowbray could be fired..same as some on here: 'Defeat on Tuesday is unthinkable and would only hasten the calls for a change at the top'. 

Like I said, irony at it's best.

With respect, as you no longer attend games in any great number maybe you are a bit detached from what is actually going on with the team. Trust me, it isn't good to watch and I very much doubt Shrewsbury was the worst performance of the season. Be careful what a manager trying to big himself and his team up is telling you ;)

My mates all still have season tickets, diehard blue and whites so I keep in touch, they're split on TM to be honest, very much like Bowyer when he was here, which is ironic because I'm reading the same arguments used against Bowyer and we all know how that ended up, in the 3rd division!

Its bigger than just a match day for me, its about not being lied to about agents, its about players not being benched due to pay as you play deals maturing and generally being treated like I've got half a brain and despite Cheston and the Indian man of mysterys best efforts to derail that process, I feel TM is trying his best to hold things together and keep things real on the football side and thats refreshing and most welcome.

Yes the ultimate goal is promotion, but its goes deeper than that for me.

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

He is right blueboy3333, the reaction to the defeat is typical on here these days, no objective views, just elation when we win and doom when we lose, we need some middle ground or the debates already over.

Did you get yourself in the home end yesterday? or dodge that bullet?

‘These days’? Was ever thus, just think to post match lockdowns in the Souness era, talk about first world problems!

Considering we are mid table in the third division, I’d say folk have every right to vent on here, just like the away end did yesterday.

52 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Watching it again it was a bit like Dads Army as Mulgrew, Ward and Caddis retreated in a line in the face of the pacier, stronger Oldham attacker!

What went through my mind in the second half was " One of these teams hasn't been paid ( allegedly  ) and one has " . A nuetral would have guessed it was us that hadn't been paid.

10 minutes ago, J*B said:

If you think BRFCS is bad then Twitter and Facebook must be the gates of hell. 

it depends who you follow and what groups you are a member of Josh. I'm a member of The Rovers, but can't honestly say that I read it that much and likewise this site - coming on everyday just gets me down, something I certainly don't need!

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You see more games than me Stuart so I respect your opinion on the poor football, I thought we played ok at Shrewsbury, TM said it was our worst performance of the season!

Just on Shrewbury, I drove into the town listening to the local radio, it was full of 'Premeirship champions' 'Alan Shearer' 'Kenny' 'millions of pound' etc etc I was shocked at the level of anticipation built up as we rolled into town and every game around the country is going to be like that, its a culture shock I'm sure for TM and his patchwork side, that shouldn't be underestimated in the final equation and the reason I think we'll need more than one season to get out of this league.

Where I do take exception above is your assertion that we should be top 2? Why? the clubs absolutely rotten, no structure, a losing mentality runs through the empty Ewood corridors because anyone left doesn't know any different, 8yrs of continued decline and hurt.

This doesn't get fixed overnight, if it ever gets fixed at all.

Don’t confuse me with idiots on Shrewsbury Radio, Gav. I don’t think we should be in the top two because of Jack’s legacy - that has had it’s feet well and truly wiped on - I think that because of the resources at our disposal right now compared to others.

If you watch any of our development football then you’ll see the complete opposite to the first team. Energy, enthusiasm, pace, great inter-passing, a game plan - one that says “we are going to take the game to you, from the first whistle, you need to worry about us not the other way around”. I’ve been disappointed with nine-tenths of the football I’ve had to endure under Mowbray. That can’t be right, and it’s not acceptable given the motivation that we should have and the means that we do.

I actually like Mowbray as a bloke. He is a proper gentleman and an old school football man. However, taking a step back, he didn’t save us from relegation (granted a difficult ask in the circumstances) and he doesn’t look like getting us promoted. Warnock would almost certainly have done both - even with Venkys - which means that others could too.

An alien who landed in Blackburn and who hadn’t been subjected to their distain, arrogance and neglect over these long years would look at the time now position and say (after translation):

”So, you have:

- one of the biggest budgets / wage bills in the division

- Premier League standard training facilities - if a little dated

- a Category One academy with a very good set of youngsters (at least one of whom is going to be highly sought after)

- owners who write cheques at the end of each financial year to keep the bills paid

- owners who don’t demand success and leave the manager to get on with it, interference-free

- the means to even pay a former PL manager and let him sign his own targets

- and you are competing against financial paupers in the third division

- and you are TENTH after 11 games and have LOST over a THIRD of your games ALREADY? How much more of an advantage do you want???”

We can all sit back and say Venkys are the pits and the root of all our problems - heck I think I’ve said it more than most - but that shouldn’t mean that fans give the manager and the players a free pass to deliver mediocrity on the pitch and not be held to account for failure.

We deserve better. Booing the players and chanting about their inadequacy in relation to wearing the famous blue and white halves should be the least they expect. Venkys have only ever been half the problem - the other half has been fans who shrug and say “there’s no point in bothering about it”.

Just now, Stuart said:

one of the biggest budgets / wage bills in the division

- a Category One academy with a very good set of youngsters (at least one of whom is going to be highly sought after)

- owners who write cheques at the end of each financial year to keep the bills paid

- owners who don’t demand success and leave the manager to get on with it, interference-free

- and you are TENTH after 11 games and have LOST over a THIRD of your games ALREADY? How much more of an advantage do you want???”

He's got it tough hasn't he.

That's why managers still want to come here. It's a dream job compared to some, especially in this league.

32 minutes ago, AndyNeil said:

it depends who you follow and what groups you are a member of Josh. I'm a member of The Rovers, but can't honestly say that I read it that much and likewise this site - coming on everyday just gets me down, something I certainly don't need!

The site is merely acting as a mirror. It is reflecting the fact that performances on the field are totally unacceptable. Not surprising, when the famous Blackburn Rovers have an inferior management infrastructure to the likes of Fleetwood.

Venky's and stooges out. Owen Coyle instead of Warnock? Where are the pitchforks? We are far  too accepting......

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Don’t confuse me with idiots on Shrewsbury Radio, Gav. I don’t think we should be in the top two because of Jack’s legacy - that has had it’s feet well and truly wiped on - I think that because of the resources at our disposal right now compared to others.

If you watch any of our development football then you’ll see the complete opposite to the first team. Energy, enthusiasm, pace, great inter-passing, a game plan - one that says “we are going to take the game to you, from the first whistle, you need to worry about us not the other way around”. I’ve been disappointed with nine-tenths of the football I’ve had to endure under Mowbray. That can’t be right, and it’s not acceptable given the motivation that we should have and the means that we do.

I actually like Mowbray as a bloke. He is a proper gentleman and an old school football man. However, taking a step back, he didn’t save us from relegation (granted a difficult ask in the circumstances) and he doesn’t look like getting us promoted. Warnock would almost certainly have done both - even with Venkys - which means that others could too.

An alien who landed in Blackburn and who hadn’t been subjected to their distain, arrogance and neglect over these long years would look at the time now position and say (after translation):

”So, you have:

- one of the biggest budgets / wage bills in the division

We can all sit back and say Venkys are the pits and the root of all our problems - heck I think I’ve said it more than most - but that shouldn’t mean that fans give the manager and the players a free pass to deliver mediocrity on the pitch and not be held to account for failure.

We deserve better. Booing the players and chanting about their inadequacy in relation to wearing the famous blue and white halves should be the least they expect. Venkys have only ever been half the problem - the other half has been fans who shrug and say “there’s no point in bothering about it”.

Sounds like you're describing Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, just as a comparison, won loads in 60's 70's 80's, great pedigrees, have world class facilities, have had world class managers arguably, and in Liverpools case have spent well over £1bn in transfer fees and not even come close, and sit in 8th this season with only 3 wins - Klopp out?

Before you dismiss that out of hand, you yourself make a major assumption regarding Warnock, who incidentally would have been a good appointment but thats water under the bridge, and Warnocks don't grow on trees or we'd have had one by now with all the managerial changes we've made.....

By all means slag off the manager and the players if they deserve it, no problem with that, but despite everything you say above, we're a club thats rotten to its core, no structure, in continual decline and to expect everything on the pitch to suddenly fit into place for a promotion push is complete pie in the sky, Roy of the Rovers stuff and never going to happen.

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

He's got it tough hasn't he.

That's why managers still want to come here. It's a dream job compared to some, especially in this league.

Don't forget the fact failure gets regular reward, team goes down but get a new contract and there's always a generous pay off around the corner for players, managers, coaches, directors.

Very attractive job considering as well the multitude of ready made excuses ... a lot of them legitimate !

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Sounds like you're describing Liverpool, Spurs, Everton, just as a comparison, won loads in 60's 70's 80's, great pedigrees, have world class facilities, have had world class managers arguably, and in Liverpools case have spent well over £1bn in transfer fees and not even come close, and sit in 8th this season with only 3 wins - Klopp out?

Before you dismiss that out of hand, you yourself make a major assumption regarding Warnock, who incidentally would have been a good appointment but thats water under the bridge, and Warnocks don't grow on trees or we'd have had one by now with all the managerial changes we've made.....

By all means slag off the manager and the players if they deserve it, no problem with that, but despite everything you say above, we're a club thats rotten to its core, no structure, in continual decline and to expect everything on the pitch to suddenly fit into place for a promotion push is complete pie in the sky, Roy of the Rovers stuff and never going to happen.

Gav,I think you have gone mad :D

On the Liverpool point,I will go for it anyway. They almost won the premiership in the last ten years and have been in European and English tournament finals. As for this season,ya they have faltered a bit,but they look amazing going forward and probably should have beaten Utd yesterday. 

We should be doing better in League 1 than Liverpool do in the premiership,Venkys or no venkys. We aren't and that comes down to the manager and players currently. 

25 minutes ago, Gav said:

With respect, Gav, if your expectations are so low as to be non-existent, you may as well pack in til they leave.

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Gav,I think you have gone mad :D

On the Liverpool point,I will go for it anyway. They almost won the premiership in the last ten years and have been in European and English tournament finals. As for this season,ya they have faltered a bit,but they look amazing going forward and probably should have beaten Utd yesterday. 

We should be doing better in League 1 than Liverpool do in the premiership,Venkys or no venkys. We aren't and that comes down to the manager and players currently. 

You missed the point.

If money, facilities, academies and managers = success, why haven't Liverpool won the Premiership? or Spurs?

We have posters with illusions of grandeur coupled with unrealistic expectation, its like the last 8yrs haven't happened.

Just my opinion, the only one the counts :lol:

Just now, Stuart said:

With respect, Gav, if your expectations are so low as to be non-existent, you may as well pack in til they leave.

Tried that, its in the blood as you know, impossible.

But I no longer spend days and days angry and frustrated at the shenanigans  going on at Ewood, I'm just trying to enjoy the football, the followings away from home and winning a few.

Its a good place to be.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

We'll never get more until we get rid of the 3 stooges running the club, we're currently structured to fail and continue to fail we will Stuart until they leave.

Not aimed at you but we have posters who believe we have a divine right to romp this league, because we're Blackburn Rovers and have spent a small amount of cash, whilst ignoring the last 8yrs of decline, bad decisions and damn right skullduggery.

We are 3 points of the playoffs and only 8 weeks into the season, yesterday sounded awful but the knee jerking is way over the top, typical Brfcs.

Gav, the problem is not that we sit three points off the playoffs with nineteen points from eleven games with two games in hand. I suspect that most people would take that IF it looked like the players had given 100% in every single minute of every single game and a relatively new group of players were still getting used to each other etc.

The problem for me is that it looks like there is a serious problem within the dressing room. The attitude of the players simply isn't right. We're only eleven games in but already have thrown in four absolute stinkers when it looked like we simply couldn't be bothered. That's a ratio of more than one in three and it's clear we're not going anywhere at that rate even at this fairly early stage.

We've had this problem for many seasons now, certainly since Bowyer was here, the "holiday camp mentality" players turning up every so often when they felt like it and being unwilling or unable to put a string of results together. Sadly it appears that that "can't be arsed" attitude has still not been eradicated.

17 minutes ago, Gav said:

Tried that, its in the blood as you know, impossible.

But I no longer spend days and days angry and frustrated at the shenanigans  going on at Ewood, I'm just trying to enjoy the football, the followings away from home and winning a few.

Its a good place to be.

It doesn’t look like it.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Gav, the problem is not that we sit three points off the playoffs with nineteen points from eleven games with two games in hand. I suspect that most people would take that IF it looked like the players had given 100% in every single minute of every single game and a relatively new group of players were still getting used to each other etc.

The problem for me is that it looks like there is a serious problem within the dressing room. The attitude of the players simply isn't right. We're only eleven games in but already have thrown in four absolute stinkers when it looked like we simply couldn't be bothered. That's a ratio of more than one in three and it's clear we're not going anywhere at that rate even at this fairly early stage.

We've had this problem for many seasons now, certainly since Bowyer was here, the "holiday camp mentality" players turning up every so often when they felt like it and being unwilling or unable to put a string of results together. Sadly it appears that that "can't be arsed" attitude has still not been eradicated.

I was wondering the very same thing, Actually, in the "consultation"meeting, I thought TM may have implied that in his message about a manager needing certain players to represent him in the dressing room.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I was wondering the very same thing, Actually, in the "consultation"meeting, I thought TM may have implied that in his message about a manager needing certain players to represent him in the dressing room.

Therein lies another problem for me. Whilst TM might not think there's anything wrong with what he's said recently I feel he's inadvertently let slip that the lunatics are running the asylum.

His comments about asking players whether they wanted to play in the check a trade and the fact that (imo) two extremely poor performers are his representatives in the dressing room.

Last season before a ball was kicked, most fans were happy to just not get relegated, yep the fans of grand old club Blackburn Rovers happy to finish 21st in the second tier. Completely realistic expectations, certainly no ‘delusions of grandeur’ there.

This season we have the biggest budget in the league, so quite rightly the fans (and Mowbray himself) fully expect to be around the top of the table.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You missed the point.

If money, facilities, academies and managers = success, why haven't Liverpool won the Premiership? or Spurs?

We have posters with illusions of grandeur coupled with unrealistic expectation, its like the last 8yrs haven't happened.

Just my opinion, the only one the counts :lol:

I think you have missed the point. The reason those teams haven't won one could argue is that the teams that did win,spent more. 

Archived