BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Spot Checks

arbitro

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

This is poor. What if your group normally meets other groups?

I meet my dad inside and he sits with me and my son so we will see how they handle that 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tom said:

I asked the club to clarify and got this response 

'Adults arent allowed in the Family Stand without a junior. If your son cant make the game we'll happily relocate your ticket to another area'

WOW! That’s appalling. I don’t know how many years we spent in the family stand but I know I didn’t always have a child with me. 

• Backroom
Just now, Paul said:

WOW! That’s appalling. I don’t know how many years we spent in the family stand but I know I didn’t always have a child with me. 

Must admit it's either new to me or just something they've never enforced, changes things for me quite a bit and removes the flexible easy option of getting him a ticket and letting him choose if he wants to go. 

Next season I won't get him a ticket and most likely won't get one either. 

Absolutely ridiculous really. I can understand them wanting to clamp down on people trying to avoid paying the right prices but this is going too far with it.

Lets suppose a child falls ill at 7pm after eating something for their tea. Do they seriously then expect the parent to traipse down to Ewood, queue up at the ticket office behind non season ticket holders, ask for a substitute ticket and be put somewhere else in the ground where they might be sat on their own?

Other issues to consider here:

If child-less adults arrive in a large group with friends and their children they are unlikely to be picked up on. So nothing stopping someone following a group through the turnstiles and claiming to be with them.

Also notice the cunning new way to dodge higher ticket prices.

It now appears that someone can buy adult & child season tickets in the family stand with no intention of the child ever going, then replace their ticket for one in the JW Upper tier and sit in the best seats in the house every week for less cost than a season ticket holder.

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

Must admit it's either new to me or just something they've never enforced, changes things for me quite a bit and removes the flexible easy option of getting him a ticket and letting him choose if he wants to go. 

Next season I won't get him a ticket and most likely won't get one either. 

That's another 2 fans lost.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

That's another 2 fans lost.

They seem to be quite good at that. If only they were remotely as good at making Ewood an enjoyable and entertaining place to be on a Saturday they might actually have a reason to move people around.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Absolutely ridiculous really. I can understand them wanting to clamp down on people trying to avoid paying the right prices but this is going too far with it.

Lets suppose a child falls ill at 7pm after eating something for their tea. Do they seriously then expect the parent to traipse down to Ewood, queue up at the ticket office behind non season ticket holders, ask for a substitute ticket and be put somewhere else in the ground where they might be sat on their own?

Other issues to consider here:

If child-less adults arrive in a large group with friends and their children they are unlikely to be picked up on. So nothing stopping someone following a group through the turnstiles and claiming to be with them.

Also notice the cunning new way to dodge higher ticket prices.

It now appears that someone can buy adult & child season tickets in the family stand with no intention of the child ever going, then replace their ticket for one in the JW Upper tier and sit in the best seats in the house every week for less cost than a season ticket holder.

You aren't suggesting we rip our esteemed owners off are you?

Just now, lraC said:

You aren't suggesting we rip our esteemed owners off are you?

Course not :) 

Just enjoy pointing out a clear flaw in their thinking. They're so intent on annoying those few who turn up that they fail to appreciate there are other ways to skin a cat so to speak. So whilst they might save on one or two sneaking into the Family Stand they are actually opening the door to others to take advantage.....all theoretical of course....

I can understand the principle of what they're doing and why but it's being handled badly and is flawed.  You gain nothing from a cost perspective from buying an adult one with a child one so no incentive I can see to anyone doing it other than to bring a kid along. As others have said you get to know the people around you as well and as time goes on if the kid misses a game you want to go along and sit in the same seat.  What on earth sense does it make to move someone?  Rovers are quite simply going to lose fans doing this and that;s they last thing they can afford.

• Backroom

The most annoying aspect for me is this:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-terms-conditions/

'Family Stand Season Ticket holders please note: should the stadium be reaching capacity for any game the Club reserves the right to sell tickets in the family stand to known individuals on the Club database. '

Ok the rules go out the window if we are going to sell out yet I'm going to be moved when my 6 year old doesn't come :( 

I have nothing but respect for the guys trying to fire fight at Ewood but I think this is misjudged 

Just now, Tom said:

The most annoying aspect for me is this:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/tickets/season-ticket-terms-conditions/

'Family Stand Season Ticket holders please note: should the stadium be reaching capacity for any game the Club reserves the right to sell tickets in the family stand to known individuals on the Club database. '

Ok the rules go out the window if we are going to sell out yet I'm going to be moved when my 6 year old doesn't come :( 

...and 80% of seats are bloody well empty lol.

30 minutes ago, Tom said:

I would assume the relocation will be to somewhere they deem suitable not up to the ticket holder

Behind one of the poles in the riverside then

We have idiots in charge at Ewood right now. Another pathetic ‘idea’ from the club.

The excuse will probably be some kind of moronic interpretation of child protection laws.

Will the Family Stand be the Family Stand for the Barnet cup match? If it is then I won’t be going as my kids are away.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Course not :) 

Just enjoy pointing out a clear flaw in their thinking. They're so intent on annoying those few who turn up that they fail to appreciate there are other ways to skin a cat so to speak. So whilst they might save on one or two sneaking into the Family Stand they are actually opening the door to others to take advantage.....all theoretical of course....

The only flaw us in your thinking. You have to pay the difference.

I go in the JW now and again from the BBE and have had to pay the difference when transferring.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

We have idiots in charge at Ewood right now. Another pathetic ‘idea’ from the club.

The excuse will probably be some kind of moronic interpretation of child protection laws.

Will the Family Stand be the Family Stand for the Barnet cup match? If it is then I won’t be going as my kids are away.

As above that can't be the case when the t and c's say they may sell to adults without children in the event other areas sell out. 

Just now, AggyBlue said:

The only flaw us in your thinking. You have to pay the difference.

I go in the JW now and again from the BBE and have had to pay the difference when transferring.

But surely if the club is insisting that you move, even if you don't want to, then they should have to cover the cost of that?

The Darwen Enders are able to transfer to any alternative part of the ground at no extra cost when the club gives the whole Darwen End to away fans, so surely the same should apply?

Just now, Stuart said:

Probably not. With the likely level of interest they could probably put all the home fans in the JW Lower BBE and away fans in the JW Lower DE as they have in the Checkatrade competition.

Just now, JHRover said:

But surely if the club is insisting that you move, even if you don't want to, then they should have to cover the cost of that?

The Darwen Enders are able to transfer to any alternative part of the ground at no extra cost when the club gives the whole Darwen End to away fans, so surely the same should apply?

I agree the club should cover the cost for an upgraded ticket in the instance of a forced move

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

As above that can't be the case when the t and c's say they may sell to adults without children in the event other areas sell out. 

Good point. So there is absolutely no logic to this. All it is going to do is p1ss off genuine fans. And even worse these are the fans that are trying to convince their youngsters to follow Rovers when all of their mates have United, City and Liverpool shirts on! :wacko:

@AggyBlue no way can they charge you the difference when they are preventing you using your own season ticket. Now that is the kind of thing to make Blackburners walk away for good.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

@AggyBlue no way can they charge you the difference when they are preventing you using your own season ticket. Now that is the kind of thing to make Blackburners walk away for good.

It will be interesting to find out what happens when a child free parent wants to move to the JW upper

Archived