BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Spot Checks

arbitro

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I would assume the relocation will be to somewhere they deem suitable not up to the ticket holder

I would have thought it's like for like in terms of what you paid for your season ticket. Upgrade to JW upper and I imagine you would be asked for the difference.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arbitro said:

I would have thought it's like for like in terms of what you paid for your season ticket. Upgrade to JW upper and I imagine you would be asked for the difference.

It’s not an upgrade. You are being banned from your season ticket seat. It is not ‘like for like’ compensation that should be expect but ‘no less than’ so if there is no room in the DE side of JW lower you should be moved upstairs.

This is all just another PR disaster in the line of PR disasters from the TCFKABRFC.

Just now, Stuart said:

It’s not an upgrade. You are being banned from your season ticket seat. It is not ‘like for like’ compensation that should be expect but ‘no less than’ so if there is no room in the DE side of JW lower you should be moved upstairs.

This is all just another PR disaster in the line of PR disasters from the TCFKABRFC.

I was speaking from the perspective of how I think the club will view it. Personally I think it's another disgusting way to treat customers. Given the number of night games we play I would imagine a significant number could be affected.

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

This initiative will have been thought up by some over promoted jobsworth. The cost of policing it will be way more than what they actually save by doing it.

Unless I'm missing something, what are they saving anyway?

17 hours ago, arbitro said:

It's not about that though is it? It's about ownership. Your seat is your seat. It's where you've chosen, for whatever reason, to sit. You shouldn't have to move just because the child you also hold a ticket for is absent.

5 minutes ago, gumboots said:

It's not about that though is it? It's about ownership. Your seat is your seat. It's where you've chosen, for whatever reason, to sit. You shouldn't have to move just because the child you also hold a ticket for is absent.

Seems petty even asking, are the seats on a condition though that there must be both be taken? 

I'm a bit worried about some people on here. I'm yet to hear one logical reason why you want want to be in a stand full of kids when you don't have your own? If I saw a single male in there alone I'd eye them with suspicion.

The club are spot on in this instance enforcing this rule.

Don't be daft. Every Child in there has an adult with them.  When the family stand was in the Blackburn upper we, my husband, son, daughter and I sat there as a family even when our children were no longer children. We preferred it and had got used to sitting there. We were a family and therefore we felt right sitting there. Going to matches is about the people around you as much as it's about watching the match. It's being part of the same group year in, year out. Preventing people from sitting where they always sit is bureaucracy gone mad. 

45 minutes ago, Boaty said:

I'm a bit worried about some people on here. I'm yet to hear one logical reason why you want want to be in a stand full of kids when you don't have your own? If I saw a single male in there alone I'd eye them with suspicion.

The club are spot on in this instance enforcing this rule.

My seat is now in the family stand so if my lad is ill why should I not be allowed to use my ST seat? It’s an OTT measure which needs explanation. If it is to prevent adults using child tickets I’ve no problem with it but everyone who buys a ST in the family stand has to buy a child ticket too. It’s unreasonable to expect a young child to be available for every game - especially with the number that get moved to night games. Conversely, the club can decide, at will, to let anyone buy a ticket in the family stand if a match is in high demand so the angle you are suggesting is a non-starter.

It just needs some common sense applying.

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

My seat is now in the family stand so if my lad is ill why should I not be allowed to use my ST seat? It’s an OTT measure which needs explanation. If it is to prevent adults using child tickets I’ve no problem with it but everyone who buys a ST in the family stand has to buy a child ticket too. It’s unreasonable to expect a young child to be available for every game - especially with the number that get moved to night games. Conversely, the club can decide, at will, to let anyone buy a ticket in the family stand if a match is in high demand so the angle you are suggesting is a non-starter.

It just needs some common sense applying.

1 reason could be is that they want to ensure that ALL the parents & children remain together & not coming in separately at different times, say for example he/she went off to hang around with his/her mates you'd eventually end up with a cluster of kids & the parents sat elsewhere. It's no big deal to me, like I said in a earlier post it's all about liability with accidents etc.

Boaty is not on the wind up he just can't understand why people can't follow simple instructions. You can't sit in the family stand if you don't have children with you. The rules are there for a reason. The club will relocate you free of charge for those games where your child won't attend.

I don't know why people get so precious about "their" seat. Had someone in the riverside moaning at me being in their seat the other week when the whole row in front was empty.

Just sit down wand watch the match it don't matter where you sit.

• Backroom
Just now, Boaty said:

Boaty is not on the wind up he just can't understand why people can't follow simple instructions. You can't sit in the family stand if you don't have children with you. The rules are there for a reason. The club will relocate you free of charge for those games where your child won't attend.

I don't know why people get so precious about "their" seat. Had someone in the riverside moaning at me being in their seat the other week when the whole row in front was empty.

The problem is that particular rule ISN'T there, or has at least never once been communicated to anybody by anybody.

4 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Why were you in someone else's seat?

I cant understand why people can't follow simple instructions. The rules state you have to sit in the seat allocated to you on your ticket. The rules are there for a reason.

13 hours ago, Boaty said:

I agree with you on the basis that it should be a chilled out atmosphere, sometimes you don't want to anchored in the same spot. I like sometimes to have a private conversation on my mobile when/if any emergencies arise, & also a sneaky puff on my vape stick so keep away from people for that reason as well for common courtesy.

Just now, Hasta said:

Why were you in someone else's seat?

I cant understand why people can't follow simple instructions. The rules state you have to sit in the seat allocated to you on your ticket. The rules are there for a reason.

I have better things to do than look for the number a computer has told me to sit on. I come from the bar 30 seconds before kick off and sit anywhere that is free and dosnt involve people having to get up. Obviously if it was a big game I'd sit where I was allocated but when the ground is 30% full I cant see an issue.

15 minutes ago, Boaty said:

I have better things to do than look for the number a computer has told me to sit on. I come from the bar 30 seconds before kick off and sit anywhere that is free and dosnt involve people having to get up. Obviously if it was a big game I'd sit where I was allocated but when the ground is 30% full I cant see an issue.

You’re right @Mattyblue. Definitely on the wind up.

There is a section of the ground where you and Barley can move around to your hearts’ content: the DE. It’s called ‘unreserved seating’ - the clue is in the name.

Personally I’ve paid my cash up front to reserve my seat. If when I get there you are sat in it, you are moving.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

You’re right @Mattyblue. Definitely on the wind up.

There is a section of the ground where you and Barley can move around to your hearts’ content: the DE. It’s called ‘unreserved seating’ - the clue is in the name.

Personally I’ve paid my cash up front to reserve my seat. If when I get there you are sat in it, you are moving.

Trust me if I did inadvertently sit in your seat by mistake they would be no resistance from me the seats aren't precious as long as I can sit down anywhere I'm not bothered, where I currently sit appears to be unallocated so its extremely unlikely that the big seat stand off will occur.

6 hours ago, Boaty said:

Then surely you are the fool for not sitting in the empty row, rather than just pitching up amongst strangers?  

...who know, maybe they had the shared mentalitity as yourself and were equally concerned of a lone adult male who was insistent on sitting near their children too?  Every adult unacompanied by a child is a danger, apparently.

On 20/10/2017 at 18:16, only2garners said:

It's already on the list Mark, as per my post on page 1.

Sorry to divert but I can’t find the FF thread. 

Could you add to the list exiting car park B. Every game we get held till the coaches outside depart. I can think of some reasons for this but with visitors like Plymouth and Portsmouth with 3/4 coaches is it necessary? We had to wait 20 minutes after both games this week. I could be home in that time. 

Archived