BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Ticket Spot Checks

arbitro

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn’t aware of this. Thanks. We moved to B when we got moved out of our seats for the LJW family stand. The issue was Tom’s mobility and needing the shortest walking distance. He had a hip replacement in May so that is no longer an issue. 

How many adults are there in the family stand 1,000? 

Extreme example, what would happen if all the kids were ill on the morning of the game and 1,000 adults had to move, and we were playing Real Madrid and all other areas were sold out - what happens then?

Think they'd be plenty of room Tbh if this extreme example came to fruition if 1000 kids did happen to become poorly me I'd be very mindful of what the parents were carrying & I'd give Usain bolt a run for his money I'm sure others would do the same they'd fit in. BTW thanks for the heads up to people who replied regarding Wigan.

Let's say then that we were playing Man Utd in a 5th Round FA Cup replay on a Wednesday night.

All ticket match, no tickets on sale the day of the game and the match is all but sold out in any event.

Thanks to Sky, the kick off is scheduled for 8pm.

Many families in the Family Stand decide that because tomorrow is a school day, getting home at 11pm is too late for 'Johnny' and 'Alison' and Dad and/or Mum go to Ewood without their kids.

What then?

7 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Let's say then that we were playing Man Utd in a 5th Round FA Cup replay on a Wednesday night.

All ticket match, no tickets on sale the day of the game and the match is all but sold out in any event.

Many families in the Family Stand decide that because tomorrow is a school day, getting home at 11pm is too late for 'Johnny' and 'Alison' and Dad and/or Mum go to Ewood without their kids.

What then?

You're making the mistake of thinking about things logically and factoring in all possible eventualities. The morons in place down at Ewood don't think like that. They don't consider the medium to long term implications of their decisions. They think there is a bottomless well of loyalty and goodwill towards the club that will see people continue to turn up and hand over their money regardless.

Like when they decided to shut the BBE Upper and relocate the Family Area to the JW Lower. Some bright spark had the idea, so it was done. No thought given to the people who were long term ticket holders in the BBE Upper, or indeed in the JW Lower who then had to move, just make a decision and stuff the rest.

Like when they turf home fans out of the DE 5,6,7,8 times a season or actually whenever they can flog enough away tickets to require it. No consideration whatsoever to those they are moving, nor those in the areas where the DE fans are moved to like the JW Darwen End area where pensioners etc. are used to sitting down and are then forced to stand up for 90 minutes.

Clueless the lot of them.

22 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

What then?

Season tickets don't cover cup games so if Johnny's parents wanted to go with out him they would have to buy tickets in a different stand.

Pretty simple really

21 minutes ago, Boaty said:

Season tickets don't cover cup games so if Johnny's parents wanted to go with out him they would have to buy tickets in a different stand.

Pretty simple really

Aye ok Boaty, fair dos.

Being a fellow Riversider, I hope I find you sat in my seat one day and that you initially refuse to move!

4 hours ago, only2garners said:

Will do Paul, but would it not be worth you moving to the car park behind the Blackburn End? Leaving there is much improved since the club persuaded the council to lift the one way restriction briefly at the end of games.

Car park H (Behind BBE) still remains locked until the coaches have left and the roads are clear of fans plus there's still queues that take an age to clear.

So there's still a wait of around 20 - 30 minutes before you can get away.

39 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I've never known so much aggression over a seat that the likelihood that the person wouldn't ever remotely sit on anyway. Someone will have to draw a list up of all the protected seats & PM me & boaty.

So you and Boaty are a double act then? figures.

If you're not on the wind up, why don't you just understand why long standing season ticket holders might just be a tad peed off with the way they are being treated?

Out of interest, how many games a season do you attend? I'll lay Lincoln odds I beat you hands down!

Edit - Why am I Biting?!

I don't really get that post to be honest. Wouldnt know where to start or how all this ties in with me or boaty or the relevance with attending. From what's been said they has been issues with people & there children regarding the family stand & now there are spot checking random people because of incidents of misuse regarding adults using child tickets?

3 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

I don't really get that post to be honest. Wouldnt know where to start or how all this ties in with me or boaty or the relevance with attending. From what's been said they has been issues with people & there children regarding the family stand & now there are spot checking random people because of incidents of misuse regarding adults using child tickets?

Cart on claretandBluebarley.

3 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Cart on claretandBluebarley.

That's 2nd time you've had a pop at me with that, I'm not going to massage your ego & start embarking upon tit for tat comments like some other posters do. If you wish to talk about the family stand or the season ticket spot checks & the reasoning behind it or anything rovers I'm happy to engage in a pragmatic manner.

• Backroom
On 23/10/2017 at 19:49, Bluebarley said:

That's 2nd time you've had a pop at me with that, I'm not going to massage your ego & start embarking upon tit for tat comments like some other posters do. If you wish to talk about the family stand or the season ticket spot checks & the reasoning behind it or anything rovers I'm happy to engage in a pragmatic manner.

Good, so at what point is it good practice to write down a supporter's details in a notepad (with no guarantee surrounding what happens to those details) just because his child doesn't attend a night match with him?

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:11, Bluebarley said:

I guess in a lot of ways, this is club V Fan miss trust. Now I get that the fans are struggling to trust the club at the minute, but I don't quite get the club not trusting the fans. I have never lied to the club and I have never purposely neglected the club, or tried to stitch the club up. I am not complete satisfied that is the case with things, the opposite way round though.

Can anyone clarify, is it a case that if you turn up without a free under 8 in tow, you get moved? Or is it also if your paying junior doesn't want to come along? There was a line in the Telegraph which focussed on the free under 8.

I will be fuming if they do this to paying customers.

On 27/10/2017 at 10:01, Bluebarley said:

Whoever wrote the details down was a person acting in a renegade manner without authorisation to do that. I would have refused point blank to disclose anything & reported the person.

That’s VERY concerning and requires comment by the club.

So to help us all, what is your role at the club?

I'm a supporter like you assuming you do visit EP,  I know how HR etc works & I know stewards aren't supposed to do that. For what it is worth I've never had any bother from stewards or anybody it's been a professional setup when I've been there in & out no dramas the way I like it to be fair. Guess there's a first time for everything but upto now no probs.

I knew they would use the safeguarding angle.

A duty of care to those who had paid full price? What about those who have paid full price and paid for a child (in advance) for a child that then can’t attend. Can I now have a refund on their ticket?

Load of bollocks. This is ALL about addressing those idiots who were bragging about using junior tickets. Well done dickheads. Yes, the club have over reacted (because of the hard of thinking folk who are now in charge) but these idiots need to share the blame.

Piss up and brewery.

Archived