BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New BRFCS Podcast - the Alan Myers Special

A bonus special edition podcast featuring an interview with Alan Myers, the former director of communications at Rovers and familiar face on Sky Sports TV.

In this interview, Alan sheds some light upon the goings on during his time in situ plus he shares his affection for his boyhood club Everton.

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/?name=2017-10-10_episode_84_-_alan_myers_special.mp3

But when you look forwards the same things keep happening as in the past that's why we are where we are. We've been praying for things to swing in the right direction for 7 years and the fact remains sadly that we need totally cleansing from top to bottom to really move forwards.

The only thing you hope is that we've had our 7 years bad luck by the end of Dec and by the law of averages the club/team just gets lucky for once.

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

If u don't look back at what went wrong how can you ever put it right

He didn't mean don't learn from history, he meant don't dwell on what has gone and can't be changed. We don't want a fan base full of Mrs Haversham's, bitterly resenting the past but never looking forward.

You cant look forward until they look back at there mistakes and learn from them. They are still making the same mistakes seven years later. Myers himself said look what happened when we had football people behind the scenes. No venkys out shouts ( debatable) and stability. So since then they remove those football people , push decent blokes like Myers away from the club and leave people who Myers said himself are opportunists and now we are in league 1. Continue to ignore the past and the future is more debt, a poorer standard of football and players, lower crowds, more cuts and Jack walkers legacy in absolute tatters. When they employ the right people, communicate with the fans and have a real plan and build a solid foundation which fans believe in and can get behind then the past will be just that. Until then it will always be a black cloud hanging over ewood

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

So since then they remove those football people ,

Myers was referring to Bowyer and Shaw. The vast majority of people on this forum wanted those two gone. You can't have it both ways.

7 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

You cant look forward until they look back at there mistakes and learn from them

Agreed, which is the point I made in the post you quoted.

No venkys out chants whilst he was at the club? Selective memory I'd guess.

To be fair he comes over well, but yet again it seems as soon as you aren't popular, the owners just completely shut you out. How you can go onwards and upwards when history repeats itself is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I wonder who at the club Myers was referring to when he said someone was pleased that they'd only have to engage with the fans 'twice a year'?

Well only Tony and Cheston attend the meetings and Alan has never worked with Tony... so...

I think it's been said him and the shadow man didn't think a lot of each other and if anyone was going to come out with that you'd put your money on the dual agent. Funny how he was never mentioned either it's almost like he doesn't exist !

Enormous credit to all involved- great interview conducted by Ian and Alan.

Myers was straight and as comprehensive in his answers as he possibly could be.

Interesting insights.

Not too difficult to work out whom he sees as the villain in his time. 

Having said that, the two years of "stability" he refers to did include some pretty weird carry ons- not least the Shaw cases. 

Great interview, @Herbie6590.

Alan Myers, please, please, set up a meeting with Venkys and get through to them. You might be the only one who could get Venkys to believe in football men again, and the rewards would be great, so just go for it!

"Help me, Obiwan Kenobi... You're our only hope!"

• J*B unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

The aim is to drop a regular pod every month - usually 1st week of the month. I had to delay the November one due to work commitments so we record the next one on Monday - aim to publish on Wednesday all being well.

As the season unfolds we may increase frequency & reduce duration & I still would like to do occasional specials but I started a new job last week so spare time is scarce at the moment sadly.

thanks for your interest ??

1 hour ago, Herbie6590 said:

The aim is to drop a regular pod every month - usually 1st week of the month. I had to delay the November one due to work commitments so we record the next one on Monday - aim to publish on Wednesday all being well.

As the season unfolds we may increase frequency & reduce duration & I still would like to do occasional specials but I started a new job last week so spare time is scarce at the moment sadly.

thanks for your interest ??

And if you’re a fan of our podcast that wants your business advertised every month at a very low cost to Rovers fans get in touch....

Archived