SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] 5 games in 17 days

Oldham (a) 14th Oct

Plymouth (h)  17th

Portsmouth (h) 21st

Wigan (a) 28th

Fleetwood (h) 31st

A crucial spell coming up, which may give us a clearer picture of whether it will be the play-offs or Top 2 we are headed for...or god forbid mid-table mediocrity. We'll be pretty much a third of the way through the season at the end of this month. 10 points from the next 5 games has to be the target.

WWWLW .. 12 points from 15 think Wigan just might turn us over , not because I think they are better than us  just law i of averages  says you can't win every game 

7 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Impossible to predict knowing Rovers, if someone had a gun to my head though I'd say 8 points from that lot.

Oldham - W

Plymouth - W

Portsmouth - L

Wigan - D

Fleetwood - D

Not enough. Need to beat Wigan. Fancy a draw at Portsmouth.

34 minutes ago, AggyBlue said:

Hoping for five wins. That's what's needed.

It's a big ask just on law of averages but it's possible.

Today and the 3 home games should be won. I will be disappointed even with draws in those games.

Wigan, I've not seen any of them so just based on their current position and as they came down with us, will be difficult.

A watershed game and even though still quite early in the season the victor in this game will be well set for an auto-promo spot.

Whilst it is still early in the season we haven't really laid down any markers or done much to live up to our pre season favourites tag. Fifteen points would make the other clubs sit up and take notice but if we could garner thirteen points I would personally be delighted.

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

We haven't been anywhere near the consistency to win 5 on the trot. Its a pretty unusual occurrence anyway.

I'll guess at 10 points and farther from the top 2 positions.

Hope I'm wrong.

We haven't been consistent you are right. However what has been consistent is that the opposition have been cr@p. Our worst performance of the season was at Shrewsbury who didn't look anything special. So even inconsistent performances could go unpunished in this league, that's the difference to the championship.

21 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Impossible to predict knowing Rovers, if someone had a gun to my head though I'd say 8 points from that lot.

Oldham - W

Plymouth - W

Portsmouth - L

Wigan - D

Fleetwood - D

You think we will lose at home to Portsmouth? I mean, yeah it could happen but we should not be expecting it.

41 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You think we will lose at home to Portsmouth? I mean, yeah it could happen but we should not be expecting it.

I'm not really "expecting it" per say, but i can see us winning our next two fairly comfortable, raising expectations only for us to fall flat going into the portsmouth game and losing 1-0. We'll then stumble into a couple of draws before picking up another win

This side simply is'nt good enough/ hasn't got the character to go and win 5, 6 or 7 in a row.

I said at the beginning of the season that it will be similar to Bowyers fist season in charge, keep winning enough to just about keep in the pack, before falling away around april time and finishing 8-10th, hope i'm wrong of course i do but from what i have seen so far (only missed scunthorpe & rotherham games) i have seen nothing to change my mind.

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Tom said:

You'd think 10 points is the minimum we need to even hope to keep pace

So now 3 wins and a draw from next 4 games at a minimum.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

Well, it won't be 15pts, but unfortunately you might be right with 5...... Mowbray's doing a grand job though:rolleyes:

We just have to be patient apparently - the team is still gelling a quarter of the way through the season. It will come good though and we will go undefeated for the rest of the season and romp to the title.

Just now, JacknOry said:

We just have to be patient apparently - the team is still gelling a quarter of the way through the season. It will come good though and we will go undefeated for the rest of the season and romp to the title.

Ah yes, because we're the only team with new players. ;)

2 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Ah yes, because we're the only team with new players. ;)

Well they need to gel- will take at least half the season im told. Then half of them will be off at the end of the season when we miss out on promotion and then all the new lads will need half a season to gel too as we just avoid relegation. 

Archived