Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

DON'T contrive to lose this one Mowbray!<_<

Not a chance of that happening.

We are playing bottom of the league and a narrow win will be heralded as a sign 'we are back on track' but in reality will be merely papering over the cracks and represent yet another false dawn.

5 hours ago, Preben said:

Rovers line up was

Jones, Heaton, Burgin, Metcalfe, Hawkins, Fazackerley, Beamish, Oates, Hickman, Parkes, Martin.

Sub not used: Endean.

Brings back some happy memories.  There was some real class and steel in that team.  'Sir Roger', Burgin, Hawkins and 'The Don' were all class acts whilst Heaton, Oates, Hickman and Parkes provided the graft and aggression.  Gordon Lee put together a formidable outfit for the old Division 3 back then and I actually think it was a far more difficult and competitive league than it is now. 

6 hours ago, Preben said:

Rovers line up was

Jones, Heaton, Burgin, Metcalfe, Hawkins, Fazackerley, Beamish, Oates, Hickman, Parkes, Martin.

Sub not used: Endean.

That team would smash our current set of surrender monkeys. Oh to have a keeper the calibre of Sir Roger with two commanding centre halves like Hawkins and Faz in front of him. Not to mention Metcalfe and Parkes in midfield. I feel like throwing up!

my team for this game would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Hart

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Conway

Dack

Samuel

subs:- Luetwiler, Caddis, Gladwin, Evans, Nuttall, Antonsson, Chapman

7 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

That team would smash our current set of surrender monkeys. Oh to have a keeper the calibre of Sir Roger with two commanding centre halves like Hawkins and Faz in front of him. Not to mention Metcalfe and Parkes in midfield. I feel like throwing up!

We chatted about this during the drive back today Mark and that team was packed with strong characters, leaders who wouldn't accept second best without a scrap. In the first five minutes today Williams made two stupid errors and nobody said a word to him, just a shrug of shoulders and carry on. Mowbrays response to players making errors is to turn away and put his hands on his head. We have weak written right through our team like a stick of rock.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

subs:- Luetwiler, Caddis, Harper, Evans, Nuttall, Antonsson, Chapman

Chaddy, we started with that midfield four today and they struggled to get over the half way line with the ball.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbrays response to players making errors is to turn away and put his hands on his head.

It's really bizarre when he does that and he does it a lot. It looks like he's having a breakdown. Heavens knows what message it sends to the players but it can't fill them with confidence.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chaddy, we started with that midfield four today and they struggled to get over the half way line with the ball.

Yes I am aware of this but I think having Dack in the 10 role is important and bring the best out of Samuel. 

Also looking for Hart and Nyambe to over lap the wingers and get crosses in the box

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Downing is definitely out with an injured hamstring. Evans may not be fit. What the heck is wrong with Paul Caddis in everyone's eyes? He's the best and steadiest right full back in the first team squad.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

I think anyone advocating the selection of Hart should have the men in white coats rushing to their homes.

Just now, bazza said:

Downing is definitely out with an injured hamstring. Evans may not be fit. What the heck is wrong with Paul Caddis in everyone's eyes? He's the best and steadiest right full back in the first team squad.

He got a chasing today. They'd obviously targeted that side because they constantly moved the ball out wide to their left, especially in the first half.  They got into a least half a dozen great crossing positions but blew them all with either a poor choice of cross or a lack of crossing ability.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I am aware of this but I think having Dack in the 10 role is important and bring the best out of Samuel. 

Also looking for Hart and Nyambe to over lap the wingers and get crosses in the box

Stop this nonsense about a 'player in the hole'.

Gordon Lee would have banished you to the Faroe Islands.

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Whittingham and Conway chaddy? not for me after today.

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Hart is not good enough. I can only assume you missed the checkatrade game. He wouldn't get in the u18s. The next time I see him in a Rovers shirt he better be working in the rovers store

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He got a chasing today. They'd obviously targeted that side because they constantly moved the ball out wide to their left, especially in the first half.  They got into a least half a dozen great crossing positions but blew them all with either a poor choice of cross or a lack of crossing ability.

I was there as well. The only two decent players in the back four were Caddis and Mulgrew.

Williams was awful and Ward should retire from this game and take up maybe tiddlywinks.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I thought Whittingham was possibly our best player, came closest and technically better than anyone else, I feel like our fans have already decided he is a poor signing.

He did well playing the passing game he was brought in to do. He'd obviously seen a football before and knew what to do with it. He looked like he actually knew how to control-pass-move. The problem was that's all he can do. He's not quick or very mobile. He can't really put a foot in or knock people about, he's weak in the air, he doesn't press very well. He doesn't get beyond the strikers.

The hurly burly of this league isn't his game.

59 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Hart is not good enough. I can only assume you missed the checkatrade game. He wouldn't get in the u18s. The next time I see him in a Rovers shirt he better be working in the rovers store

I did as I was working. I worked nights so only so many nights i can have off

We have no option at left back at the minute. It's either the  perpetual @#/? up Wiliams or the promising Hart. He had one crap game, but Williams  has had too many crap games to count. What do we have to lose trying him again? At least if there's one less liability in the defence Raya's bumhole might rest a bit easier during the game. Just need someone to come in and replace Ward and Raya's areshole can rest easy

Archived