BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He got a chasing today. They'd obviously targeted that side because they constantly moved the ball out wide to their left, especially in the first half.  They got into a least half a dozen great crossing positions but blew them all with either a poor choice of cross or a lack of crossing ability.

Just like last season when every week nearly sides targeted Nyambe from the off. Big question is why do we allow this and why don't we target opposition weaknesses from the off like happens to us ?  Every team in this league has weak points yet we just seem to do the same things game in game out the only time it changes is if we get a goal in front and the tails are up.

Do we not bother with scouting reports or something.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Just like last season when every week nearly sides targeted Nyambe from the off. Big question is why do we allow this and why don't we target opposition weaknesses from the off like happens to us ?  Every team in this league has weak points yet we just seem to do the same things game in game out the only time it changes is if we get a goal in front and the tails are up.

I might be wrong here but I think Mowbray is frightened of the opposition ...Not sure that other teams are scouted at all before matches.....So he has no idea who plays for them or how they play.....

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nyambe seems like Pele compared to this leggy lot.  Just lacking legs....

Ward is a joke and if he gets picked again after that, Mowbray needs to go.

Ward shouldnt play again for any side in the club.....Totally useless !

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought Whittingham was possibly our best player, came closest and technically better than anyone else, I feel like our fans have already decided he is a poor signing.

I agree, his football brain is too far ahead of some of our players, its simple he sees the gap were the runners should be going and because they don't move he then as to go round in circles until one of them realizes thats were he was going to put it, too late by then ,it's not Whittingham anyone who as played the game can see what his game is all about...

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I thought Whittingham was possibly our best player, came closest and technically better than anyone else, I feel like our fans have already decided he is a poor signing.

Whittingham was pretty much the reason why Mulgrew and Ward had absolutely no help in their own final third yesterday, and his complete inability to get amongst their players made him a passenger.

Im not putting it solely at his feet because it's the managers decision to run a two man central pairing midfield with him in, but I hope we never see it again personally. Peter just doesn't possess the necessary work rate, tackling, energy and defensive awareness for a box to box central role in this division.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

Strangely enough I was thinking about this as I was nodding off to sleep after the late match last night.

Now call me a sad old fecker but it got me to sleep at about 3 am here.

I came up with TM begging a Fiver of Cheston, and having to wait on approval from Pune, to buy a day pass on the next opponents iFollow account to watch a full match replay plus highlights.

Bloody good deal and cheaper than sending a real person off in their motor to actually watch a game.

That or a bunch of 20 year old interns scouring Youtube.

Whittingham. Has he ever been considered a box to box midfielder? I think his role was to be a creative ball player to "unlock" the other lots defence and essentially build the team around him.

He wasn't bought to be a tough tackler, water carrier type at all and he never has been.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Strangely enough I was thinking about this as I was nodding off to sleep after the late match last night.

Now call me a sad old fecker but it got me to sleep at about 3 am here.

I came up with TM begging a Fiver of Cheston, and having to wait on approval from Pune, to buy a day pass on the next opponents iFollow account to watch a full match replay plus highlights.

Bloody good deal and cheaper than sending a real person off in their motor to actually watch a game.

That or a bunch of 20 year old interns scouring Youtube.

Whittingham. Has he ever been considered a box to box midfielder? I think his role was to be a creative ball player to "unlock" the other lots defence and essentially build the team around him.

He wasn't bought to be a tough tackler, water carrier type at all and he never has been.

You're right about Whittingham regarding his failings but that was the role he was asked to play yesterday. He kept possession better than most yesterday and his passes usually found a Rovers player. The trouble is as a team we're playing stood still most of the time and he didn't have many attacking passing options.

Off the ball he doesn't contribute much and we got over run in central midfield. I think he was brought in with playing centrally in the 3-5-2 system that we don't play.

He's dropped a bollock with both Whittingham and Dack if he doesn't start getting the best out of them and using them correctly. Neither are suited to being utility men although Whittingham should be decent back up for Mr International AKA Corry Evans over a season in home games if not away.

Dack though needs to be starting in his natural position he can always be replaced if it or he isn't working but lets see what he's got and this game v Plymouth would be a decent time to try it.

Rovers 5   Plymouth 2

9878 (500 Pilgrims)

I'm not convinced about Dack. He can play alright but I suspect he's another big time Charlie who likes to showboat. 2nd half yesterday we got him free in acres of spaces down the right hand side. He'd bags of time and space in which to bring the ball in and make something happen in front of goal. Instead he just fired off a cross from way out wide which came to nothing.

Dumb football.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not convinced about Dack. He can play alright but I suspect he's another big time Charlie who likes to showboat. 2nd half yesterday we got he free in acres of spaces down the right hand side. He'd bags of time and space in which to bring the ball in and make something happen. Instead he just fired off a cross from out wide which came to nothing.

Dumb football.

I'll admit i'm not really a fan of his at all and as you say you can tell just by his demeanour and seeming lack of fitness that he's not at the races so to speak. I really do think Mowbray has made a pig ears with this one but again i'll raise the question of is he really what TM wanted or are will still in the territory of 'oh he's a good player on paper, we can get him so let's get him then try and fit him in' .  Troublesome player wants out of club, once rated at 2 mill now less than half that just 12 months later, wants bigger wages, might be worth 2 mill again to sell on soon, give Blackburn Rovers agents a call !

Top and bottom of it though is he's another player where you have to play a certain way to fit him in or he's rendered useless it's always the same with no 10 types they can't do naff all else.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'm not convinced about Dack. He can play alright but I suspect he's another big time Charlie who likes to showboat. 2nd half yesterday we got him free in acres of spaces down the right hand side. He'd bags of time and space in which to bring the ball in and make something happen in front of goal. Instead he just fired off a cross from way out wide which came to nothing.

Dumb football.

Got to disagree with that Tyrone.

You mean like De Bruyne did for City a couple of times yesterday.

Oh, Shearer loved an early cross too.

Dack might have his shortcomings but I wouldn't knock him for that. It's up to the strikers to get on the end of them.

How did it work out that oldham got an ever improving Byrne and we ended up with an aged whittingham and a questionable smallwood (who incidently did give the ball away rather a lot yesterday).  From a strategic point of view....did they not see this?  Uselessness throughout the club.

Just now, AggyBlue said:

Got to disagree with that Tyrone.

You mean like De Bruyne did for City a couple of times yesterday.

Oh, Shearer loved an early cross too.

Dack might have his shortcomings but I wouldn't knock him for that. It's up to the strikers to get on the end of them.

Dack's not De Bruyne ( although he might think he is ) and Samuel isn't Shearer, other than that you're dead right.

28 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dack's not De Bruyne ( although he might think he is ) and Samuel isn't Shearer, other than that you're dead right.

And Dack isn't a winger although he was the only player we saw on the ball on the touchline near that corner flag for the entire half.

Just now, Hasta said:

And Dack isn't a winger although he was the only player we saw on the ball on the touch line near that corner flag for the entire half.

Yeah you're right. No good giving the ball to Chapman just outside our penalty area and expecting him to go 75 yards with it. He needs it in the last third.

Mowbray has been banging on about The Dack and Samuel partnership for weeks now, he puts Dack in the team from the start, we start to play slightly better, and then he frigging drops him for that useless Scandinavian fella. I just don't get it and a 10% ready Nyambe is better than Caddis, the guys a pub player. As for Williams, still would like to know who voted him player of the year, the guy is crap, surely someone in the reserves is better than him.

Time to ditch all the half hearted negativity on Tuesday night,  tell the players to go out and express themselves and score more thean the opposition. Rip their throats out inside the opening 20 minutes and not let up for the other 70.

Raya

Caddis Mulgrew Anyone Hart

Chapman Smallwood Evans 

Dack

Samuel Antonsson

• Backroom
19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team for this game would be

Raya

Nyambe Downing Mulgrew Hart

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Conway

Dack

Samuel

subs:- Luetwiler, Caddis, Gladwin, Evans, Nuttall, Antonsson, Chapman

Genuinely curious here, you said you would have started Chapman on Saturday away but 3 days later a home game against bottom of the league you wouldn't start him. Any reason? I think personally we may need something more dynamic than Conway and Bennett out wide but not sure if Chapman is more useful off the bench.

For me it's a real shame we were so bad against Bury as I would have liked a few young lads to come in and stake a claim to a spot. We have plenty who deserve to be dropped but not many who have earned a chance to displace them yet.

I'd 100% have Nuttall on the bench ahead of Graham so with you there.

Mowbray doesnt think Evans or Downing will be fit enough for this game. 

I wouldnt be surprise if Mowbray decide to go 3-5-2 and play 2 strikers and Dack playing the attacking midfielder role. 

A team he could play with that formation is:-

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Hart

Dack

Samuel Antonsson

I'm not saying we should but wouldnt surprise me if Mowbray switch formation. Players should be able to play 2 or 3 different formations if the are well drilled and work on in training. 

Is Harper or Hart ready to start a game from the people who have seen them?

Just now, Tom said:

Genuinely curious here, you said you would have started Chapman on Saturday away but 3 days later a home game against bottom of the league you wouldn't start him. Any reason? I think personally we may need something more dynamic than Conway and Bennett out wide but not sure if Chapman is more useful off the bench.

For me it's a real shame we were so bad against Bury as I would have liked a few young lads to come in and stake a claim to a spot. We have plenty who deserve to be dropped but not many who have earned a chance to displace them yet.

I'd 100% have Nuttall on the bench ahead of Graham so with you there.

Thought his Skill and tricky would give us a real threat on the break away from home. 

Didnt see the Bury game so cant comment. 

For Graham need to be sold or release in January and we need to bring in 2 strikers in..

Archived