SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

Raya

Caddis      Mulgrew     ABW     Williams

Chapman.     Evans.     Smallwood.     Bennett

Dack

Samuel

As  Chaddy says, get Nuttall on the bench.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Parsonblue said:

For me it would be 

Raya; Nyambe, Downing, Mulgrew, Jack Doyle; Bennett, Smallwood, Evans, Antonsson; Dack & Samuel.  If Downing's not fit then Matty Platt.

Evans and Downing arent fit. 

You are looking to play the same team that played so well against Rotherham at Home. We played so well that game. Need to get back to that level. 

Hart not good enough you think?

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thought his Skill and tricky would give us a real threat on the break away from home. 

Didnt see the Bury game so cant comment. 

For Graham need to be sold or release in January and we need to bring in 2 strikers in..

How many strikers does he need? Are you saying the ones he's bought are cr@p? We need to bring a left winger/midfielder in as a priority. Sellars would do. And sell Gladwin to Darwen Reserves.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

How many strikers does he need? Are you saying the ones he's bought are cr@p? We need to bring a left winger/midfielder in as a priority. Sellars would do. And sell Gladwin to Darwen Reserves.

We need 4 strikers. We have 2 who have done well or good at times(Samuel and Antonsson), 1 that is over weight, uninterested and lazy(Graham) and 1 unproven at this level(Nuttall). 

I would look at signing Jamie Hanson or Devante Cole who know this level and would add goals. 

Need a centre half aswell. 

Left winger? Any suggestions? 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

We need 4 strikers. We have 2 who have done well or good at times(Samuel and Antonsson), 1 that is over weight, uninterested and lazy(Graham) and 1 unproven at this level(Nuttall). 

I would look at signing Jamie Hanson or Devante Cole who know this level and would add goals. 

Yeah Denis Skinner, he's about 80 now but  he'll be as quick as Conway.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No idea Chaddy, that's Mowbray's job. But we do lack a left footer with a bit of pace down that side.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Raya

Caddis      Mulgrew     ABW     Williams

Chapman.     Evans.     Smallwood.     Bennett

Dack

Samuel

As  Chaddy says, get Nuttall on the bench.

Nuttall made absolutely no impression against the mighty Bury the other week so don't go building your hopes up too much.

32 minutes ago, JAL said:

Nuttall made absolutely no impression against the mighty Bury the other week so don't go building your hopes up too much.

Whereas Samuel, Antonnsen and Graham dominated the equally mighty Oldham. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray doesnt think Evans or Downing will be fit enough for this game. 

I wouldnt be surprise if Mowbray decide to go 3-5-2 and play 2 strikers and Dack playing the attacking midfielder role. 

A team he could play with that formation is:-

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood Whittingham Hart

Dack

Samuel Antonsson

I'm not saying we should but wouldnt surprise me if Mowbray switch formation. Players should be able to play 2 or 3 different formations if the are well drilled and work on in training. 

Is Harper or Hart ready to start a game from the people who have seen them?

Due his constant changing of formations, players and positions, the players are unable to play in one formation under Mowbray.

We need to stick to 1 formation, otherwise the players will continue to have no clue what their job is. Not change back to a back 3 that made us look even worse than normal, with Nyambe and Williams at centre back.

Raya

Caddis Wharton Mulgrew Williams/Doyle

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Dack Bennett

Samuel or Graham 

chaddy, dont you think the fact that you feel the need to recommend numerous new signings shows how flawed Mowbrays signings were in the summer?

On the basis that Downing and Evans are unfit, I would go with:

Raya / Nyambe, Mulgrew, Platt, Doyle /  Conway, Smallwood, Bennett, Chapman / Graham, Nuttall 

We are playing rock bottom Plymouth Argyle who have lost 5 of their last 6 league games and we should be all over them like a feckin rash.

The young lads should be given their chance and at least there will be pride and enthusiasm in the shirt.

There's enough experience and know how there with Mulgrew, Conway, Bennett and Graham.

Get into 'em and let rip.  Rovers 4-1 with Nuttall hat trick.

Wake up Mowbray and consign the negativity and your stupid feckin systems to the bin.

I would like to see Doyle start at left back why we are home to bottom of the league Plymouth and will have a lot of the possession. Nuttall on the bench in case we are a few up to throw on with 15-20 mins to go. I also think scouts should be sent to watch the bury left back who played in the checkatrade game. Think his name was Leigh. Looked like he had Abit about him but hard to judge in a game like that

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Due his constant changing of formations, players and positions, the players are unable to play in one formation under Mowbray.

We need to stick to 1 formation, otherwise the players will continue to have no clue what their job is. Not change back to a back 3 that made us look even worse than normal, with Nyambe and Williams at centre back.

Raya

Caddis Wharton Mulgrew Williams/Doyle

Smallwood Whittingham

Chapman Dack Bennett

Samuel or Graham 

chaddy, dont you think the fact that you feel the need to recommend numerous new signings shows how flawed Mowbrays signings were in the summer?

why Graham who done zero all season and looks uninterested, lazy and no pace? 

sorry but players should be able to play in any system but the lack of effort and giving 100% every game has nothing to do with formation. Nothing should stop them that happening. 

Wharton and Mulgrew wont work as 2 left footers at centre backs as we have discussed before. 

on signings? every managers has good and bad signings even King Kenny or Souness or Mark Hughes made bad signings. Plus Mowbray has explained about the lack of scouting structure within the club and he is trying to put this in place. This can take months to sort out and put in place. Don't forgot the lack of scouting structure Mowbray had when he became in charge of it all. What Tommy Johnson has been doing at all this time as chief scout I don't know but questions need to be asked. Hopefully Mowbray with Rigg help can sort the Scouting structure out

Samuels not much cop either, either or.

Chaddy I know you are desperate to defend Mowbray but if you think that playing players in constantly changing formations and out of position is something that wont be of detriment to performances then you are deluded. I'm not convinced it is a lack of effort, half of the attacking players are being wasted in unfamiliar positions, and often changed mid game and expected to crack on as if Mowbray is playing Fifa.

And can he do any worse than Ward? No. If we got offered Maldini in his prime would you continue with Ward because hes right footed?

And it has nothing to do with scouting systems or whatever tangent you choose to go off on. The point is not even bad signings, its signing players to address the weaknesses in the squad. We have become reliant on an MK Dons reserve signed minutes before the deadline to steady the ship until Christmas due to only one injury that happened a month before the deadline, leaving us having to totally change our tactics to compensate for his absence. Meanwhile, we have a series of players on the bench or not even in the squad who were totally unnecessary signings. Even if hes not got the knowledge of players in foreign lower leagues, which he talked about and is totally unrealistic in League 1, he can still look for players to fill the voids in the squad, and he failed to do so. Players like Ben Gladwin and Sam Hart, it is not the lack of quality that grates, it is that they were signed, Gladwin in particular for positions we are well covered in, well before the deadline, when we had such a vulnerable weakness of depth at centre back.

Rich Sharpe talking sense.TM selected a team and formation to accomodate Ward and messed up big time. Clueless and negative is a dangerous combination.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15597205.System_switch__inconsistency_issues__Jack_s_the_lad__Downing_defensive_blow__making_amends___Rovers_talking_points/?ref=mac

Gladwin was signed because he once destroyed a TM managed team....I think I will rest my case there.

Archived