BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I might be wrong but i think a Bolton fan told me they won their first 3 or 4 or something ?

If so it certainly gave them a platform the likes of which we haven't had and i think saying we are bang on course for the top 2 and again assuming games in hand are as good as points in the bag is as naive as some of the tactics employed earlier this season.

You don't win games if you don't have a go at doing so.

I remember one of my mates, Tweeting an early table and Bolton were top. They got off to a very good start, but had a wobble after about 15 games I think.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I might be wrong but i think a Bolton fan told me they won their first 3 or 4 or something ?

If so it certainly gave them a platform the likes of which we haven't had and i think saying we are bang on course for the top 2 and again assuming games in hand are as good as points in the bag is as naive as some of the tactics employed earlier this season.

You don't win games if you don't have a go at doing so.

Won their first 4, then went on a run were they didn't win in 7 games, losing 3. Then won 5 in a row. So after 16 games (Won 9 Drawn 4 Lost 3). We need another run like we had after the 2 early defeats, when we won 4 in a row. Although can't see that with Wigan away and a tough derby at Bury.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Bolton who finished 2nd last season lost 10 games. 

Burton who finished 2nd the season before lost 11 games. Wigan lost 7 games and won the league

Mk Dons who finished 2nd the season before lost 9 games. Bristol City lost 5 games won the league

The squad will start gelling more and we will start getting more used to this league. 

Chaddy , we are on a current track to lose 16 or 17!!

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Burton who finished 2nd the season before lost 11 games. Wigan lost 7 games and won the league

Mk Dons who finished 2nd the season before lost 9 games. Bristol City lost 5 games won the league

The squad will start gelling more and we will start getting more used to this league. 

The problem is chaddy that we have lost four and it's only mid-October.  The games we've lost have been to sides in the bottom half of the League and as yet I've seen nothing that suggests the players are getting acclimatised to this League or look anywhere near gelling.  On the evidence of what we've seen up to now I would still keep faith with Mowbray but I've got to say that my reservations are growing.  Tonight is a must win game for all concerned.

36 minutes ago, AAK said:

Won their first 4, then went on a run were they didn't win in 7 games, losing 3. Then won 5 in a row. So after 16 games (Won 9 Drawn 4 Lost 3). We need another run like we had after the 2 early defeats, when we won 4 in a row. Although can't see that with Wigan away and a tough derby at Bury.

That gave them a great platform then and a great belief, Bolton fans I know can't believe how Rovers are floundering and like they say they were crap and devoid of any quality after they sold a few but just got by on sheer graft and pressure play and found it quite straightforward overall.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Then why are Wigan doing so well and we aren't?  Both clubs relegated so same scenario.

Mowbray had a head start on Cook having been here for months and already knowing the players.

There can be no excuses. 

I think our performances stink and that is all down to Mowbray who's signed 12+ players and failed abysmally to put together a competitive and coherent unit who know what they are doing.

Having said that, I am certain we will win tonight against the league's rock bottom club which will serve no real purpose other than to prolong Mowbray's stay and provide another false dawn for the diehards who delusionally believe we will mount a serious promotion challenge. 

1 hour ago, Parsonblue said:

The problem is chaddy that we have lost four and it's only mid-October.  The games we've lost have been to sides in the bottom half of the League and as yet I've seen nothing that suggests the players are getting acclimatised to this League or look anywhere near gelling.  On the evidence of what we've seen up to now I would still keep faith with Mowbray but I've got to say that my reservations are growing.  Tonight is a must win game for all concerned.

Sheff Utd lost 3 games by end of August. 

I can understand some reservations about Mowbray. But I think its far too early to sack Mowbray imo. 

Just now, Mercer said:

Why are Wigan doing so well and we aren't?  Both clubs relegated so same scenario.

Mowbray had a head start on Cook having been here for months and already knowing the players.

There can be no excuses. 

I think our performances stink and that is all down to Mowbray who's signed 12 players and failed abysmally to put together a coherent unit who know what they are doing.

Having said that, I am certain we will win tonight which will serve no real purpose other than to prolong Mowbray's stay and provide another false dawn for the diehards like you. 

Wigan have the same squad and Cook has gone back to their 4-2-3-1 formation they got promotion with. 

Will Cook still be there after the takeover happens

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Sheff Utd lost 3 games by end of August. 

I can understand some reservations about Mowbray. But I think its far too early to sack Mowbray imo. 

Wigan have the same squad and Cook has gone back to their 4-2-3-1 formation they got promotion with. 

Will Cook still be there after the takeover happens

Think Wigan's squad turnover amounts to 15+ (ins and outs).  How the feck can they have the same squad?

And Cook has implemented a formation that works - what is football coming to !?!?

Chaddy, you will back Mowbray until you are either blue in the face or he is sacked which I believe will be sooner rather than later as I think the loons in Pune are reaching tipping point and we HAVE to get up this season. 

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

I noticed your location as Paris. Have you seen the games were you say the performances have been good? 

Notice it's the people that can't attend often or don't are the ones saying people need to calm down and the people who regularly go are the ones worried. Says it all when parson saying it's really not good enough

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham should be our main striker but because of his poor, lazy, cba attitude he hasn't even been coming off the bench. 

Spurs have played both systems throughout the seasons and with success. 

Mowbray has to take some of the blame but so should the players who cant keep expecting to get off lighter. 

I wonder why you say under 23's isn't a fair example

I'm sorry but with my work we have to know at least 4 job roles within the warehouses and then we can cover all situations. 

Modern day players have it far too easy for me. 

Whether that modern days are overpaid and have it easy is a totally irrelevant point.

Your point about warehouses is laughably incomparable and has nothing to do with anything.

Under 23 football isnt competitive.

And who signed Caddis, Dack, Chapman, Samuel, Antonsson, Smallwood and Whittingham, half of the players involved on Saturday?

You've never once blamed Mowbray, you always let him off the hook and cannot criticise him at all.

My point was that inconsistencies in selections, playing players out of positions and constantly changing system and style, all by Mowbray, is the main cause and a major factor in us under performing so far this season and already losing 4 times, and youve done nothing to disprove the fact that constant tinkering affects consistency and quality of performances. Like talking to a brick wall.

25 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy, you will back Mowbray until you are either blue in the face or he is sacked which I believe will be sooner rather than later as I think the loons in Pune are reaching tipping point and we HAVE to get up this season. 

another one of tipping point? You keep mentioning this most seasons and tend to be wrong. Didn't you say Venkys would sell a few years ago?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whether that modern days are overpaid and have it easy is a totally irrelevant point.

Your point about warehouses is laughably incomparable and has nothing to do with anything.

Under 23 football isnt competitive.

And who signed Caddis, Dack, Chapman, Samuel, Antonsson, Smallwood and Whittingham, half of the players involved on Saturday?

You've never once blamed Mowbray, you always let him off the hook and cannot criticise him at all.

My point was that inconsistencies in selections, playing players out of positions and constantly changing system and style, all by Mowbray, is the main cause and a major factor in us under performing so far this season and already losing 4 times, and youve done nothing to disprove the fact that constant tinkering affects consistency and quality of performances. Like talking to a brick wall.

No the point is relevant because they should be playing much better and stop blaming formation and tactics. 

Just an insult as per usual. Modern day players have it far too easy. its time they start performing and give 100% which players aren't doing. 

But still relevant but doesn't suit your argument so lets not used it. 

Smallwood has been a very good signing despite you moaning about the signing when we sign him. Samuel and Antonsson have had good games and some poor ones but have scored goals. 

And you never blamed the players who are the pitch and should be better with their qualities and winning more games with that. 

Yes we lost 4 games and deserve to because we haven't performed enough on the pitch despite on the tactics. 

Just keep the insults coming all you want

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

From Rich Sharpe

Three points much needed for #Rovers tonight to get back on track. Wouldn't be surprised to see something different with the starting XI.

I wouldn't be surprised if he started with the exact same line-up that played Saturday to be honest. The way I see it is there'll be two changes maximum, think the likeliest change is Dack coming back in for either Conway or Antonsson. Then Nyambe might get the nod over Ward or Caddis. Personally could change half the team and it wouldn't be undeserved but I doubt that's going to happen. But if you aren't going to start the youngsters like Chapman and Harper at home to the bottom of the league side on the back of Saturday's poor performance I doubt they are ever going to get a start in the league.

3 minutes ago, grizfoot said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he started with the exact same line-up that played Saturday to be honest. The way I see it is there'll be two changes maximum, think the likeliest change is Dack coming back in for either Conway or Antonsson. Then Nyambe might get the nod over Ward or Caddis. Personally could change half the team and it wouldn't be undeserved but I doubt that's going to happen. But if you aren't going to start the youngsters like Chapman and Harper at home to the bottom of the league side on the back of Saturday's poor performance I doubt they are ever going to get a start in the league.

Also unbelievable that Joe Nuttall was sent down to Brighton with the U23's yesterday.

The lad scores goals for fun and should have started tonight especially after Mowbray's post match Oldham comments about a lack of goal threat.  Our manager does himself no favours.

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

Also unbelievable that Joe Nuttall was sent down to Brighton with the U23's yesterday.

The lad scores goals for fun and should have started tonight especially after Mowbray's post match Oldham comments about a lack of goal threat.  Our manager does himself no favours.

Mentioned yesterday how silly it was, they also play Friday so he'll probably play then and not Saturday as well

• Backroom

Yann Songo'o at the back there a blast from the past

Odd line up, I wouldn't say Danny Graham is what we have been calling out for but if he can't bag against the likes of Plymouth then he's been robbing a living in the top divisions 

Archived