BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

Many people on tonight asking for Mowbray to go, not surprisingly.

However in my very humble opinion it would not matter a toss, who is manager as in any walk of life or certainly in business the management structure is vital to the success of the company.  Our management structure is non existent and has not been since the Indians took over the running of the club, which used to be held as an example of how a club should be run prior to their take over.  Until this issue is resolved then we will continue to slide and slide. 

In short, be prepared for another relegation because until Venkys go or change radically there is only one end.  I don't expect that they will change as they have had many opportunities to do that and not shown the remotest indication they will or I don't think they will go as it is in their psyche to be arrogant and stubborn.

very upsetting and sad.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mercer said:

When do you think this will happen Chaddy?

I thought we were bad at Oldham on Saturday but never in my worst nightmares could I envisage us failing to beat a rock bottom Plymouth, who have only won one league game all season, at home.

There can be little doubt now that Mowbray has to go.  I think his hands on the reigns are already slipping.  When I saw that starting 11 tonight my first thought was Mowbray had not picked the team.  I might be wrong but it feels to me that something isn't right at Brockhall/Ewood.

I would have said that was a Mowbray line up all day long. A couple of token changes shuffling the usual suspects around but not the swinging changes needed.

I like TM, but it doesn't seem to be working. I like that he's humble and honest and would take a TM over a shyster like Kean or Coyle any day! However, under his management this team is going nowhere. Far too inconsistent and not ruthless enough in attack or defence. Just doesn't appear to have the makeup of a promotion challenging side.  I think (and hope) that he is not the type to stick around when things become untenable. For a team whose goal is automatic promotion, that time is now. 

Just now, 4000Holes said:

Many people on tonight asking for Mowbray to go, not surprisingly.

However in my very humble opinion it would not matter a toss, who is manager as in any walk of life or certainly in business the management structure is vital to the success of the company.  Our management structure is non existent and has not been since the Indians took over the running of the club, which used to be held as an example of how a club should be run prior to their take over.  Until this issue is resolved then we will continue to slide and slide. 

In short, be prepared for another relegation because until Venkys go or change radically there is only one end.  I don't expect that they will change as they have had many opportunities to do that and not shown the remotest indication they will or I don't think they will go as it is in their psyche to be arrogant and stubborn.

very upsetting and sad.

Good post. I asked for Garry Cook in the summer, Wigan as I predicted are top or 2nd and just sold to the Chinese. These owners have no interest in anything to do with Rovers full stop.

• Backroom

Can anyone clarify as I didn't have the best view, was it a stunning save from a Raya second half?

For me it looked like he dived out of the way of a ball straight at him then made it into a stunning save, good strong arm though.

Just now, Tom said:

Can anyone clarify as I didn't have the best view, was it a stunning save from a Raya second half?

For me it looked like he dived out of the way of a ball straight at him then made it into a stunning save, good strong arm though.

He had no right to save it so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Great save.

1 minute ago, lraC said:

Not too sure what the reason is for not giving him a chance and starting with Chapman too. Someone suggested today that it was no good giving Nuttall a chance as we don't create enough, so he will have nothing to finish. With him scoring as many as he does, I don't think anyone would moan, if he was given a go, even if he failed. Surely Mowbray must realise this by now and give him his debut on Saturday 

If we don't create enough,I don't see the point of Graham!

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What if we create several like tonight but they only fall to the people who actually move to get in the right positions?

Just now, Tom said:

Good save. Not sure about stunning but he's having to make a couple of worldies nearly every game to make the scoreline less embarrassing than it already is.

Some food for thought 

Pre Venkys I used to be confident going into games against Spurs. We often bet them and always did well. Tonight they drew away at European Champions Real Madrid,while we got the same result at home to Plymouth Argyle. 

I don't have any notions about where we should be or who we should beat,but things have just really hit rock bottom. Actually I correct that,as the club keeps on finding greater depths 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ah Mr Graham. I can't wait to see which striker Tombola Tony selects on Saturday. Likely Samuel for a couple of games before he realises (once again) he's splashed a wad of cash on a relative dud before going back to Graham for a match or two. And then the process repeats itself. All while a kid who can't stop scoring for the under 23s can't even make the bench.

What do these players want? Two weeks off to prepare themselves for three easier games apparently. Toughest one yet to come. The best we can do out of 9 points now is 4 points and no guarantee that will happen this weekend. What is wrong with them? Boils my blood to see them like this. Danny Graham is one lazy f**ker and should be shipped off in January. 

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Good save. Not sure about stunning but he's having to make a couple of worldies nearly every game to make the scoreline less embarrassing than it already is.

His reflexes are better than any keeper we've had for a good while - it's when his brain starts working it can go a bit wrong. 

Least of our problems right now though.

You would be backed up in Bennett criticism tonight, he was as abysmal as most!

4 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Good post. I asked for Garry Cook in the summer, Wigan as I predicted are top or 2nd and just sold to the Chinese. These owners have no interest in anything to do with Rovers full stop.

I think we might sell to the Chinese too. That one on the A666 heading to Bolton 

Just now, Tom said:

His reflexes are better than any keeper we've had for a good while - it's when his brain starts working it can go a bit wrong. 

Don't fear, we'll get a 'stick with us' tweet before midnight ala Shane Duffy.

Just now, Tom said:

Bennett seems to have really gone off the boil. New contract syndrome?

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Don't fear, we'll get a 'stick with us' tweet before midnight ala Shane Duffy.

The word Stick and Shane Duffy in the same sentence should read, he needs beating with one.

Archived