BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

Just now, islander200 said:

Dig?In my initial post to you I asked genuine questions nothing arsey or ignorant about my post,your response to me was arsey.I asked your opinion of why Mowbray took Dack off? Did you agree with it

and I said I didn't know why Dack went off. asked you to ask Bayes and Sharpe to asked the question. 

I would have keep Dack on and took Graham off for Samuel

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

and I said I didn't know why Dack went off. asked you to ask Bayes and Sharpe to asked the question. 

I would have keep Dack on and took Graham off for Samuel

That would have been the favourite seen as 1 was having a good game & the other non existent it was a puzzling choice.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

That would have been the favourite seen as 1 was having a good game & the other non existent it was a puzzling choice.

not a fan of Graham. his performances have been poor and at times more interested in playing the man than watching and playing ball. 

How many times can I think "we are only playing" .... well that's easily been Southend, Doncaster, AFC Wimbledon, Oldham, Plymouth and we have been humbled in all those games so far. Maybe I should be think WE are only "league one Blackburn". The finishing tonight was conference never mind league one, embarrassing!!

Chances were created tonight which is what we wanted but falling to the wrong people ( are there any right ones ) but yet again it's football in straight lines, slow not enough urgency or zip ever until Chapman comes on and for the umpteenth time we are chasing a win with square pegs in round holes.

Why keep persisting with a lightweight striker on the wing(s), why keep starting him at all where is this Samuel / Dack link up that was continually talked up by Mowbray, how's it suppose to work if they don't give it chances.

Barmy stuff from the tinkermon Mk4 i'm not after sacking him now but he really needs to pull his head from his arse take a stand back and actually see what's going on. Sadly I think what we are seeing and saw last season is trademark Mowbray and despite a respectable points gather last season the things that he delivered which often seemed to stop us making a real fight of staying up are now contriving to hold the team back in a lot of games this season.

Makes me laugh how 'creating chances' and having possession is considered some sort of achievement. It means nowt, as our Dingle friends up the road can testify. Means nothing if you have loads of the ball on the half way line if you can't do anything with it. Means nothing 'creating chances' if the players then can't or won't put any away.

We're at home against the worst side in the division so forgive me, I won't be hailing it as a masterstroke that we had them with their backs to the wall for the second half as they held on for a point. In the end with relative ease. We had a period of 15-20 minutes after half time where we looked like we might find a way through but then ended up losing our momentum and the game returned to being a turgid affair. Infact I'd argue that other than Gladwin's hideous miss that Plymouth actually looked more dangerous than we did in the last 10 minutes as they broke forward and we either couldn't be bothered or were so knackered we didn't close them down.

I say 'creating chances' because other than Gladwin's miss and maybe a couple of other attempts I'm struggling to think of their keeper really doing much in the second half. Certainly wasn't a case of them hanging on for dear life and us squandering a host of golden opportunities as some would suggest on here.

We probably had the better of it. That's not an achievement when playing at home against the side bottom of the division who have just come up from the 4th tier. 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

How did the amazing Elliott Bennett do tonight? @#/? as usual is the answer, total imposter and many on here think he is a quality player. Did anyone see him try to take the boy on in the first half? Total embarrassment of a footballer.

Mowbray needs to get his finger out big time. This finishing is a major problem. Nuttall should get a start on Saturday for sure

Im glad a couple of people are coming round to my point of view on Bennett, the guy is an absolute fraud of a footballer imo. My friend who I sit with who doesnt rate him either made the point tonight that he was constantly flirting aimlessly all over the pitch so that when we had the ball, the player in question must have been looking up for him but he was nowhere to be seen.

Mind you, as poor as he always is and was, i thought Graham and Whittingham were worse still.

Just now, JHRover said:

Makes me laugh how 'creating chances' and having possession is considered some sort of achievement. It means nowt, as our Dingle friends up the road can testify. Means nothing if you have loads of the ball on the half way line if you can't do anything with it. Means nothing 'creating chances' if the players then can't or won't put any away.

We're at home against the worst side in the division so forgive me, I won't be hailing it as a masterstroke that we had them with their backs to the wall for the second half as they held on for a point. In the end with relative ease. We had a period of 15-20 minutes after half time where we looked like we might find a way through but then ended up losing our momentum and the game returned to being a turgid affair. Infact I'd argue that other than Gladwin's hideous miss that Plymouth actually looked more dangerous than we did in the last 10 minutes as they broke forward and we either couldn't be bothered or were so knackered we didn't close them down.

I say 'creating chances' because other than Gladwin's miss and maybe a couple of other attempts I'm struggling to think of their keeper really doing much in the second half. Certainly wasn't a case of them hanging on for dear life and us squandering a host of golden opportunities as some would suggest on here.

We probably had the better of it. That's not an achievement when playing at home against the side bottom of the division who have just come up from the 4th tier. 

I think plenty of people could/should be encouraged by the 2nd half display the Plymouth keeper made a exceptional save from the header can't remember who a distance away the rest of the chances didn't just drop right or we wasn't clinical enough to capitalise & Plymouth were very dogged & worked hard. With another striker instead of graham 1 that actually scores or puts effort in we could have easily won too many shots got blazed over or blocked. Teams like Wimbledon etc don't have the quality but work there nuts off for 90 we have to adapt to that.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gav, certain posters have their own negative views and cant be told anything cos they always have to be right. #

Your post above is spot on but some posters will never see it our way. don't bother about them cos its totally and utter pointless

And your views im afraid chaddy are always blinkered happy clapping

• Backroom

You know one of the things that annoyed me most tonight, first half their keeper is clearly injured for a good 20 minutes, he was only called into action once and he let one through him, otherwise I don't think he had anything to do at all.

Second half he was replaced by a short 18 year old in goal, we've seen teams put real pressure on Raya to good effect but again other than 2 saves we made him do nothing. We could have made it really nervy for him but it was a stroll in the park.

Pitifully inept stuff.

Thought we actually played well tonight, created more than enough chances to win the game just didn't take them. I don't know what more Chapman has got to do to get a start, he was terrific again when he came in and that late burst forward should have seen us get the winner but for the inexplicably tame side foot finish from Gladwin which gave the defender a chance to clear it off the line.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

So we had the same number of shots on target as the team bottom of the league who were scratting round for a team because a lot of their 1st team were injured.

Going up.

We attacked tonight and created loads of good chances and should have won the game by 20 mins. Nyambe, Dack twice and Antonsson all missed good chances. 

If the Players had convert these chances we would have won 5 or 6 but they miss them. 

Players at fault NOT MOWBRAY!

But let blame the manager cos it easy and let appoint another manager would is another risk instead of backing the current manager who alot of fans believe in and want him to do well. Not sure certain posters want him to well on here

4 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

We're clutching at straws really: never did we really look like scoring if truth be known.

Our forwards are immobile and never really attack a ball with any conviction.

The Buffon tip over must have been my hallucination.

I'm in the get shut of Venus and David Lowe camp, promote Damien Johnson to work alongside Mowbray. Jonno's knowledge of the young lads and his coaching ability should pay dividends allied to whatever Mowbray's qualities as a manager are, aside from being a top bloke.

Thanks that gracious, you mean the team at the bottom absolutely desperate for a win & wanted to reward there fans with a hard fought point who had travelled god knows how many miles to Lancashire (not googling mileage I guess it's a fair distance even for a weekend.

Just now, Bluebarley said:

Thanks that gracious, you mean the team at the bottom absolutely desperate for a win & wanted to reward there fans with a hard fought point who had travelled god knows how many miles to Lancashire (not googling mileage I guess it's a fair distance even for a weekend.

That's right but not really relevant to the discussion.

As an aside, a point was an ample reward for the 500 or so Plymouth fans who made the 660 mile trip (or so), hats off to them.

Feck off, we should have had more craft and composure than we had and should have put them to the sword but we didn't. Somebody should be accountable.

Archived