BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

With the FA Cup first round draw being made on Monday at  7 pm I was wondering who everyone would like to play and why. Personally I would like to play a non league team away from home because I believe that is what the FA Cup is about and quite unique. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

You'll be pleased to know Truro got through. What a journey that would be!

Chorley drew 0-0- at home to Boston and replay Tuesday.

Fylde won 1-0. Wouldn't mind a trip there. Looks a nice ground.

It's one of the new faceless and soulless stadiums that are emerging. Can't hold many so pointless drawing them

Kidderminster - 20 minutes from my front door :tu:

But actually anyone away from home, I know Truro really well through work so thats an easy one, but still 3hrs+ from West Midlands!

4 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Just a 706 mile round trip from Blackburn. 

I remember driving back from Plymouth after a 3-0 defeat...

It is a bit far for sure! but would be a candidate for TV which would, selfishly, suit me.

I drove down a few times for family holidays from Heysham to the Perranporth area. Some trips were pre Oakhampton Bypass times..........:wacko:........can't get lost though just aim for Exeter and turn right.

Once you get there it's Paradise with Pasties.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

It’s a long long time since Rovers lost to a non league club! 

Drum roll please.....Venky’s need it on their cv.

I went to the Willington game with EiT amongst others.

Also remember when we played Altricham at Ewood because they brought around fifty coaches which was pretty impressive for a non league outfit.

21 minutes ago, meadows said:

Yes and a sight correction to my earlier post. we drew the first game at Ewood 0-0 before winning the replay at Moss Lane ....Alty who were scandalously never voted into the league when  it went on a vote lost very very few at Moss Lane to anybody at that time  

Think the replay like the Willington replay may have taken place on a weekday afternoon when the three-day week/power cuts were the order of the day but I can’t swear to it. 

It was replayed on an afternoon Jim and we won. From memory the reason for an afternoon game was that Altrincham didn't have any floodlights at that time. I recall three things from the game. We won 1-0, Neil Wilkinson was sent off and one of the Altrincham players worked for Blackburn Council.

36 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

My local side is Woking and I was watching the draw looking to see who they would Get. Then the penny dropped... I forgot that we enter this round... I felt depressed. It’s embarassing 

It’ll be more embarrassing when To-Bray let’s the lads play a training ground game to decide who plays and then leaves them to it.

Let’s hope they take this one a bit more... professionally.

1 hour ago, ruggles1995 said:

My local side is Woking and I was watching the draw looking to see who they would Get. Then the penny dropped... I forgot that we enter this round... I felt depressed. It’s embarassing 

No more embarrassing than playing Willington or Matlock in the Cup and they proved very enjoyable afternoons.  Although getting knocked out by Crewe in the 2nd Round was pretty depressing as was a 1st Round exit at the hands of the mighty Port Vale.

Archived