SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hereford had more on watching yesterday than we had on Saturday. Sums it up really.

As ever I'd be happy with anyone from  a lower division, and would welcome a draw away on a new ground. The likes of Hereford, Gateshead, Boreham Wood or Forest Green would be popular and interesting ties. Think I'd like Oxford City, Slough or Leatherhead/Billericay away.

Worst case scenario is someone like MK Dons away, Charlton away or Portsmouth away.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am going to stay up and watch the Chorley v Fleetwood game, could be a good one.

A non league team away in the next round and on TV woyld suit me fine. Chorley would be great.

We need to remember its a privilege for a non league club to play Blackburn Rovers not the other way round. I've never liked playing lower league clubs in pre-season. Of course the FA Cup is different and should be all about opportunity (for non league clubs it still means something) but its a treat for them not for us.

4 minutes ago, Preben said:

Chorley gave the Rovers a good shout too

I think that was more because they fancied coming to Ewood an turning us over than any affection. I'm guessing we would have been their "plum" tie.

Fleetwood have only made two changes from their game at Ewood though so I imagine they may be too strong.

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I think that was more because they fancied coming to Ewood an turning us over than any affection. I'm guessing we would have been their "plum" tie.

Fleetwood have only made two changes from their game at Ewood though so I imagine they may be too strong.

Strange game football...

Everyone at Chorley wanted Rovers believe me although a few different factors were behind that but aside from those with any affection or support for us the main feeling was they really thought they had a chance of beating Rovers.

Says it all :o

17 hours ago, tomphil said:

Everyone at Chorley wanted Rovers believe me although a few different factors were behind that but aside from those with any affection or support for us the main feeling was they really thought they had a chance of beating Rovers.

Says it all :o

Almost as many on watching Chorley v Fleetwood as Rovers v Barnet says it all

Archived