BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

Just now, J*B said:

Out of interest, would you buy a ticket if it was £25?

It hasn't gone up from 10 to 25 though which plainly would be ridiculous. It's gone up 2 so like Chaddy I think that if you're moaning about the price per se in reality you're searching for an excuse not to go. Wonder if we even covered our running costs against Barnet?.

Hypothetically I would say that if it had gone up from 10 to 15 that should raise one or two eyebrows and be regarded as slightly un necessary but shouldn't really put off anyone who genuinely wanted to go.

If it had doubled to 20 that would probably be in the same category as 25, far too much and a real disincentive.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its 2 pounds increase which isnt alot. 

Really cant believe you are moaning about

As I said earlier I would buy a ticket whatever the price. That doesn't mean everyone will and doesn't, in my opinion, justify a 20% increase on the Barnet game.

As an adult I am facing a price increase, whereas I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) OAPs and kids aren't.

I don't think its moaning to wonder quite why there is such an increase and why one group of supporters are being handed a rise for what remains an unattractive and unpopular cup tie and others aren't.

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It hasn't gone up from 10 to 25 though which plainly would be ridiculous. It's gone up 2 so like Chaddy I think that if you're moaning about the price per se in reality you're searching for an excuse not to go. Wonder if we even covered our running costs against Barnet?.

Hypothetically I would say that if it had gone up from 10 to 15 that should raise one or two eyebrows and be regarded as slightly un necessary but shouldn't really put off anyone who genuinely wanted to go.

If it had doubled to 20 that would probably be in the same category as 25, far too much and a real disincentive.

Speaking of ridiculous Peterborough are charging us £26 a ticket at their place in December. They get away with it because they put away fans in the main stand.

About time we shove away fans upstairs in DE and charge them an extra £5. That's a better way to make some extra money.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Tank top, Ben Sherman and Skinners with cherry red Doc Martens. Us Darreners were a cut above didn't you know Jim ?.

As my brother worked in Clobber at the time I had the benefit of cut price clothing.

Boot boy eh ?   All coming out now :lol:

9 minutes ago, meadows said:

Probably. If Rovers are at home and I can get there I’d still usually rather be there than anywhere else. 

It would be remarkable if it was £25 however as that is a higher price than any seat for a Category A game other than JWU. 

It’s a bit like asking if I’d buy Springsteen’s new album on vinyl if it was 50 quid. I probably would but I know it won’t be

I really find it intriguing that theres probably about 6k (?) fans that will buy a ticket regardless of price. Theres quite a few that will watch Rovers at home no matter the price.

It will be interesting to see if Rovers ever do a ST price U-Turn and decide they're better selling 6k season tickets for £450 than 8.5k season tickets at £200. 

Just now, JHRover said:

As I said earlier I would buy a ticket whatever the price. That doesn't mean everyone will and doesn't, in my opinion, justify a 20% increase on the Barnet game.

As an adult I am facing a price increase, whereas I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) OAPs and kids aren't.

I don't think its moaning to wonder quite why there is such an increase and why one group of supporters are being handed a rise for what remains an unattractive and unpopular cup tie and others aren't.

With respect I think you're playing on words slightly there. The increase is only so high in percentage terms because the price was so low in the first place. If the price for Barnet had been £5 and £7.50 for Crewe then that would have been a massive 50% hike but it still wouldn't have been unreasonable in real terms.

Maybe the take up for Barnet was less than the Club expected, we lost money staging the game, and we're trying to break even this time round?

Just now, J*B said:

I really find it intriguing that theres probably about 6k (?) fans that will buy a ticket regardless of price. Theres quite a few that will watch Rovers at home no matter the price.

I'd say there are very very few Rovers fans who are in that category of being completely price resistant hence John Williams having to be dragged screaming and kicking into cutting prices to try and combat falling attendances a few years ago.

I was paying just short of £500 for my ticket in JW upper nearly 15 years ago. I paid it at the time but a lot of fans seemingly wouldn't.

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

With respect I think you're playing on words slightly there. The increase is only so high in percentage terms because the price was so low in the first place. If the price for Barnet had been £5 and £7.50 for Crewe then that would have been a massive 50% hike but it still wouldn't have been unreasonable in real terms.

Maybe the take up for Barnet was less than the Club expected, we lost money staging the game, and we're trying to break even this time round?

Fact remains that the club, possibly in conjunction with Crewe Alex, have decided to increase adult tickets by 20%. To me it doesn't matter what the starting price was, its still a 20% increase.

Its less about the money for me and more about exactly why someone has decided that this game warrants more expensive tickets having witnessed a woeful turnout and display from the team against Barnet a few weeks ago.

Fancy some more of that? Good, then pay more and come on a Sunday next time.

If they wanted to make more money then why doesn't everyone have a price hike? Why not charge pensioners £6 or £7 instead of £5?

If they managed to lose money staging the Barnet game then that says more about their operation of the club than it does the price of the tickets. £10 is a perfectly reasonable and quite common price to charge for an adult 1st round FA Cup game. It isn't the case that Rovers did something unusual in only charging £10 v Barnet. If Rovers are so daft they can't stage a game without making a loss on it then they need to get some new ideas and people to deliver on them.

4 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tank top, Ben Sherman and Skinners with cherry red Doc Martens. Us Darreners were a cut above didn't you know Jim ?.

As my brother worked in Clobber at the time I had the benefit of cut price clothing.

I don’t recall you sharing this marvellous discount with the rest of the class....! Could’ve done with a few extra layers at Willington.

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I don’t recall you sharing this marvellous discount with the rest of the class....! Could’ve done with a few extra layers at Willington.

What John, you didn't wear your crombie at Willington?

We're you one of the 'twaggers' from school for the replay at Ewood?

14 minutes ago, meadows said:

The whole school got let out ‘because the heating broke down’ ....rumour had it a couple of pupils fettled that.

I do recall a collection of school uniforms from various Blackburn schools on the Riverside that afternoon Jim. Was it fettled with a big hammer by any chance? In the days leading up to the game I remember several of us trying to convince our teachers that saving power by shutting the school on that particular afternoon would be the right thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/12/2017 at 20:32, Preben said:

For the Willington replay, during the three day week, Clayton, Goodfellow Ltd wouldn't give 6 of us the afternoon off to go to the match. So every single employee walked out and went to Ewood! :D

Imagine a similar scenario nowadays, people would be volunteering to go to work so they wouldn't have to go.

No Vardy in the Leicester team for his big return to Fleetwood. Would have thought he'd be given a go against his old club - nailed on to score!

17 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don’t know what Keown’s on about in the commentary but the penalty in the Liverpool Everton game was ridiculously harsh.

Weak, weak challenge and outside the box.

It was harsh but Lallana had beaten Holgate. I thought the ref had played advantage as Mane smacked one just wide.

I'm watching Fleetwood-Leicester, a game devoid of any quality but full of atmosphere.

For those in the USA, Fox's coverage is shocking. Watching it shows how good NBC's premier league coverage is.

Interesting... Wonder what Rosler was saying to Bell at the end then. Looked like he was getting a bit of coaching. Bell played better in the second half.

Who knows if this deal is on or off? Can't say I'm too bothered either way, but it feels like it's off.

Archived