BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Anyone know what happens when/if Spurs reach the Semi-Finals of the Cup? Can't imagine their opponents will be too pleased if the Semi Final is played on Spurs' home ground. Quite the advantage there.

Highly likely to happen given the convenient cup draw which has kept all the big guns apart in the quarter finals.

Extremely convenient indeed. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, skous18 said:

Red card for city. The ref got the the yellow card out of his pocket but changed his mind and gave a red one . Strange

Not as strange as standing their for 3 hours with his thumb up his arse waiting for VAR to make an offside decision.

34 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Red card for city. The ref got the the yellow card out of his pocket but changed his mind and gave a red one . Strange

Well Pep has been whinging about red cards not being given for dodgy tackles in games which City are involved in, so he should be happy tonight

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Wigan players got Delph red carded. Disgraceful behaviour rewarded again.

In the modern game it was a straight red.

The Ref was a tit pulling a yellow out but corrected his initial mistake.

I enjoyed Youtube highlights and seeing Grigg skin Walker.

I've a lot of sympathy for Aguero here. Some scrotey Wigan fan charges at you, scresming in your face, on the pitch after a big defeat. If I run on the pitch and did that to a professional athlete in those circumstances i'd expect a slap.

Aguero can't even just walk off the field as the fans are surrounding him and getting in front of him. So he's meant to carefully negotiate a way past the fans whilst putting up with a load of abuse.

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

The ref just used the yellow to right on as he waited for confirmation in his ear.  

Totally obvious and unwarranted for any hysterics over it.

Refs write on the card to be used/ shown. He pulled yellow too quickly as it was plainly going to be a red card offence.

I agree that he got further info confirming red.

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Refs write on the card to be used/ shown. He pulled yellow too quickly as it was plainly going to be a red card offence.

I agree that he got further info confirming red.

Trust me he was going to show a yellow card until he was told it was red. That was the right decision but the amateur way they got there was embarrassing.

Just now, arbitro said:

Trust me he was going to show a yellow card until he was told it was red. That was the right decision but the amateur way they got there was embarrassing.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Who decided it was a red? AR? Were they nearer the incident.

It did look a straight red to me.

51 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thanks for clearing it up.

Who decided it was a red? AR? Were they nearer the incident.

It did look a straight red to me.

One of his colleagues advised him but the teamwork was poor. The message to send Delph off should have been immediate. Normally in that situation a referee would whip a red card out straight away to prevent any escalation and retribution.

A red for me too. Excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent.

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Once they got the decision right is the main thing though 

Yes but it caused the Man City players and staff to accuse the Wigan players and management of influencing the referee to change his mind because to the vast majority of people that's how it appeared. For one of the top referees in the country it was poor in the extreme.

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Yes but it caused the Man City players and staff to accuse the Wigan players and management of influencing the referee to change his mind because to the vast majority of people that's how it appeared. For one of the top referees in the country it was poor in the extreme.

Why? He didn't see it properly, so his assistant updated him. I don't see the problem. Of course city fans will complain. 

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why? He didn't see it properly, so his assistant updated him. I don't see the problem. Of course city fans will complain. 

Because the message should have been immediate to him from the official who presumably had a better view. The ensuing issues could have been prevented.

It was caused by the officials.

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Because the message should have been immediate to him from the official who presumably had a better view. The ensuing issues could have been prevented.

It was caused by the officials.

They are only human. I really don't see the problem. It would be worse if they got the decision wrong. 

The only ones giving out are city and their reactions , manager and players ,after the games shows that they are extremely sore losers. Fans likewise. 

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They are only human. I really don't see the problem. It would be worse if they got the decision wrong. 

The only ones giving out are city and their reactions , manager and players ,after the games shows that they are extremely sore losers. Fans likewise. 

Guardiola said it was a red card post match fuelling the view that Wigan players and staff influenced the referee. Had he not got the yellow card out we wouldn't be having this debate and the decision accepted. In refereeing terms it was naive and elementary.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Guardiola said it was a red card post match fuelling the view that Wigan players and staff influenced the referee. Had he not got the yellow card out we wouldn't be having this debate and the decision accepted. In refereeing terms it was naive and elementary.

So you don't think the Wigan players running in and surrounding the referee had a bearing on it then ? Then the guy gets up and plays on with not a care in the world.  I thought that sort of behaviour was being disciplined also ? Do you get that kind of behaviour in Rugby ? Ever asked yourself why ? What they don't realise is between them they are slowly killing the game.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So you don't think the Wigan players running in and surrounding the referee had a bearing on it then ? Then the guy gets up and plays on with not a care in the world.  I thought that sort of behaviour was being disciplined also ? Do you get that kind of behaviour in Rugby ? Ever asked yourself why ? What they don't realise is between them they are slowly killing the game.

Couldnt agree more. Here Here.

Archived