BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

arbitro

36 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought that sort of behaviour was being disciplined also ? Do you get that kind of behaviour in Rugby ? Ever asked yourself why ? 

Because in rugby when they feel aggrieved by a decision they just punch and gouge the opposition in the next passage of play to take their frustration out.

If fotballers 'behaved' like a lot of rugby players do with regards to on field violence it would be shocking. The egg chasers get away with it as part of the game. Big Dunc got jailed for far less.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice deflection of the real argument but no cigar.  Would you like to try to respond to the point I made about the respect shown by the players  in both codes of rugby to the match officials. When did you last hear a football player call the referee " Sir " ?

At least the violence is real and not " Hollywood " violence as in football.

• Backroom

The ref really should've left his cards alone before the decision was finalised. Perhaps should've made a show checking with the 4th official?

I feel that if refs were mic'd up to the PA as in rugby, so many issues would be resolved, including players giving them abuse.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nice deflection of the real argument but no cigar.  Would you like to try to respond to the point I made about the respect shown by the players  in both codes of rugby to the match officials. When did you last hear a football player call the referee " Sir " ?

At least the violence is real and not " Hollywood " violence as in football.

You asked a direct question - "ever asked yourself why?"

So I answered.

And then also pointed out why Rugby players get away with a hell of a lot which footballers would then get lynched for.

edit - Although having watched it again I agree that the Wigan players did a bit more than just complain. One of them actually runs into the ref and barges him a bit. I've no issue in appealing but it was OTT. So now I'm arguing both sides of this one ?

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

You asked a direct question - "ever asked yourself why?"

So I answered.

And then also pointed out why Rugby players get away with a hell of a lot which footballers would then get lynched for.

edit - Although having watched it again I agree that the Wigan players did a bit more than just complain. One of them actually runs into the ref and barges him a bit. I've no issue in appealing but it was OTT. So now I'm arguing both sides of this one ?

For me the refs have only themselves to blame for putting up with all the nonsense.  Whatever happened to the recent initiative were only the captain was supposed to approach the officials ? Maybe I dreamt that one.

• 4 weeks later...

Blondes in football. When the draw takes place right in front of you then half a second later you make a total dogs dinner of repeating it and there were only 2 ties to remember ??

Stick to channel 5 obscurity Lyndsey Hipgrave ??

43 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Blondes in football. When the draw takes place right in front of you then half a second later you make a total dogs dinner of repeating it and there were only 2 ties to remember ??

Stick to channel 5 obscurity Lyndsey Hipgrave ??

Give me Lyndsey any day over Trevor Brooking, the detail is secondary at this stage because we're never in it. 

• 1 month later...

When we played them at Cardiff in the league cup final my mate was at uni there at the time and it became apparent rovers were allocated all the crap bars spurs all the good ones. So we spent almost all our time with spurs fans friendly enough but so very arrogant. Their attitude was how nice it was for us to have a day out but no question of us winning.

At the time I was telling them we were above them in the league, had a better team than them and were 100% going to win (wasn’t as convinced as I was coming across but felt I had to say it). Well the rest is history.

That said miles better than the arsenal fans who are the most miserable sods ever met. Fair dos beat us 3-0 in the semi at Cardiff but such a joyless bunch  

Just now, matt83 said:

When we played them at Cardiff in the league cup final my mate was at uni there at the time and it became apparent rovers were allocated all the crap bars spurs all the good ones. So we spent almost all our time with spurs fans friendly enough but so very arrogant. Their attitude was how nice it was for us to have a day out but no question of us winning.

At the time I was telling them we were above them in the league, had a better team than them and were 100% going to win (wasn’t as convinced as I was coming across but felt I had to say it). Well the rest is history.

That said miles better than the arsenal fans who are the most miserable sods ever met. Fair dos beat us 3-0 in the semi at Cardiff but such a joyless bunch  

They're all North London Geordies with a chip on each shoulder.

12 hours ago, arbitro said:

Tottenham Chokers FC. They have lost the last eight FA Cup semi finals that they have played in.

Let their media friends spin that one.

Matched only by the choker of a Referee, too s-hit scared to send Valencia off.

Now that tackle was an assault with intent in any era.

12 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sickens me watching spurs. We used to beat them regularly and finish above them, now they play Real Madrid. London money. Absolute Chokers though. When was the last time they won anything? 

Ali and Kane were seriously awol from that game. Big game bottlers. The worst Spurs team effort I've seen all season. Ali and Dier put nasty, sneaky and deliberate kicks to Jesse L's achilles. Damm shame that Manure won, may give the Final a miss.

39 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Matched only by the choker of a Referee, too s-hit scared to send Valencia off.

Now that tackle was an assault with intent in any era.

Thats a remnant from te Fergie era...

No ref , would cross Fergie !

As for the tarts , I can see that team breaking up big style....Starting with the manager leaving for foreign climes !

On 22/04/2018 at 14:48, Waggy76 said:

Thats a remnant from te Fergie era...

No ref , would cross Fergie !

As for the tarts , I can see that team breaking up big style....Starting with the manager leaving for foreign climes !

Aye and old red nose is at most of their games and refs still bow down to his influence.

I can see Potty moving on from Spurs in a year or so.

So another season goes by without Pochettino winning anything. Finishing 4th is success for Spurs whilst for Wenger at Arsenal it was labelled as failure.

That 'has been' Mourinho reaches another cup final. I wouldn't bet against him winning his 4th piece of silverware in 2 years, and he looks likely to lead United to their highest finish since Ferguson retired.

Media driven agendas once again. Pochettino and Klopp the best things since sliced bread yet barring an unlikely Champions League triumph have won nothing between them in 7 years at their clubs whilst Mourinho and Wenger get stick from all corners yet are still winning trophies.

45 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So another season goes by without Pochettino winning anything. Finishing 4th is success for Spurs whilst for Wenger at Arsenal it was labelled as failure.

That 'has been' Mourinho reaches another cup final. I wouldn't bet against him winning his 4th piece of silverware in 2 years, and he looks likely to lead United to their highest finish since Ferguson retired.

Media driven agendas once again. Pochettino and Klopp the best things since sliced bread yet barring an unlikely Champions League triumph have won nothing between them in 7 years at their clubs whilst Mourinho and Wenger get stick from all corners yet are still winning trophies.

United and Arsenal have won leagues much more recently than spurs or Liverpool, hence the difference in expectations. 

The main problem with mourinho is that he plays muck football and is constantly prickly with the media. So comes across as a git. 

24 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Hilarious as that would be, I doubt it.

Only Man United in this country, I suspect.

Just something about the interview he did on Saturday! 

...and yes, it would be absolutely hilarious. Sol Campbell x100.

• 4 weeks later...

Man Utd Chelsea AGAIN, yawn.

Can’t remember the exact figures, but I read a stat that listed a couple of dozen teams who won the Cup from 1946 till the mid 70s. 

The last 20 years has seen one of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man Utd win 15 of them, with Liverpool winning 2 and Man City with another.

The modern game in a nutshell.

• Backroom

Phil Jones is abysmal, laughably bad when up against good players, he’s not progressed since he left Rovers for me even at the biggest club in the world 

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Phil Jones is abysmal, laughably bad when up against good players, he’s not progressed since he left Rovers for me even at the biggest club in the world 

BBC described it as a "trademark desperate lunge".

He's almost good enough for England. ?

Archived