Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arbitro

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

14 minutes ago, meadows said:

The whole school got let out ‘because the heating broke down’ ....rumour had it a couple of pupils fettled that.

I do recall a collection of school uniforms from various Blackburn schools on the Riverside that afternoon Jim. Was it fettled with a big hammer by any chance? In the days leading up to the game I remember several of us trying to convince our teachers that saving power by shutting the school on that particular afternoon would be the right thing to do.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

What John, you didn't wear your crombie at Willington?

We're you one of the 'twaggers' from school for the replay at Ewood?

Not me...Would’ve meant missing Latin!

I would gladly take up Latin again instead of watching our current build up play. 

9 hours ago, meadows said:

The whole school got let out ‘because the heating broke down’ ....rumour had it a couple of pupils fettled that.

I got a lift down with Jim Fraser...who still sat with us until this season, at 87 he’s hung up his season ticket. 

Well this looks like a proper old fashioned third round draw unlike the tepid affairs we have had in recent seasons.

Hull at home winnable for us if we manage to keep at least ten players on the pitch at Gresty Road. 

For the Willington replay, during the three day week, Clayton, Goodfellow Ltd wouldn't give 6 of us the afternoon off to go to the match. So every single employee walked out and went to Ewood! :D

Don’t know what Keown’s on about in the commentary but the penalty in the Liverpool Everton game was ridiculously harsh.

Weak, weak challenge and outside the box.

On 04/12/2017 at 20:32, Preben said:

For the Willington replay, during the three day week, Clayton, Goodfellow Ltd wouldn't give 6 of us the afternoon off to go to the match. So every single employee walked out and went to Ewood! :D

Imagine a similar scenario nowadays, people would be volunteering to go to work so they wouldn't have to go.

On 4 December 2017 at 21:32, Preben said:

I remember going to the auction at C&G after it shut down. Very sad.

17 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Don’t know what Keown’s on about in the commentary but the penalty in the Liverpool Everton game was ridiculously harsh.

Weak, weak challenge and outside the box.

It was harsh but Lallana had beaten Holgate. I thought the ref had played advantage as Mane smacked one just wide.

I'm watching Fleetwood-Leicester, a game devoid of any quality but full of atmosphere.

For those in the USA, Fox's coverage is shocking. Watching it shows how good NBC's premier league coverage is.

Interesting... Wonder what Rosler was saying to Bell at the end then. Looked like he was getting a bit of coaching. Bell played better in the second half.

Who knows if this deal is on or off? Can't say I'm too bothered either way, but it feels like it's off.

City looked frustrated, one of those games where you think the underdog will come out on top, yet they still manage to score four goals. Pep is some coach, even with the cash behind him.

Dyche's style is clear, and you can see why no big club will take him on. Frustrate the opposition - effective and clever for a low-budget club, but beyond that, there is nothing else.

Sounds like Jason Steele had another blinder yesterday.

" suddenly he released Gestede, who's slight touch from 18 yards steered the ball past the on rushing Sunderland goalkeeper Jason Steele ".

" Stewart Downing's corner, whipped in with his left foot from 'Bor's right was fisted by Steele into a melee of players. It ran via a ricochet or two to Braithwaite who showed calm to slide in a shot from 10 yards. "

Steele has clearly worsened since he moved there. I have a genuinely horrible feeling that Steele might be one of those that sinks into a depression. That thread isn't a critique of his performances, it's just page after page of personal insults.

Shewsbury v West Ham today:

Shrews make 3 changes to their last game on new years day bringing in Godfrey, Rodman & Morris. 

They make 2 changes to the team that played against Rovers bringing in Beckles and Morris.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.