Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arbitro

[Archived] FA Cup 2017/18

Very scrappy game. I can see why Shrews are where they are. A busy, hardworking team that play for each other. West Ham are awful, they look like 11 blokes who just met on the car park 1/2 hr before the game. No effort, no energy, too many 50/50's lost, I could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times they put two passes together. No shape , no nothing. Play the same second half and  they'll get beat.

Shrewsbury draw 0-0, good result for us. Let’s hope the beat West Ham in the replay - on penalties.

Arsenal have made  8 changes and Leeds have made the same. Leeds have lost (GOOD) and the Arse are losing as I type.

I have utter contempt for clubs who treat the wonderful, ancient FA Cup with such contempt. Glad Leeds are out. I hope the Arse go out too; although it's back to 3-2 now.

You'd think Arsenal would take the FA Cup seriously as it's one of the only competitions they actually have a chance of winning. Glad that Wenger's arrogance cost them today, although I'm sure he'll trot out the usual excuses about the referee.

Up the Dale. Rochdale 1-0 up at half time.

As they ran out at the beginning of the game, at least one of the white shirted players was wearing gloves. Another was looking in a mirror and adjusting his hair. Ffs! 

11 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Up the Dale. Rochdale 1-0 up at half time.

As they ran out at the beginning of the game, at least one of the white shirted players was wearing gloves. Another was looking in a mirror and adjusting his hair. Ffs! 

Some of the Spurs players have been strolling around, wanting lots of touches on the ball and time to pick their pass. Rochdale are pressing all over and too many Spurs players are out of their comfort zone. I would have liked to have  seen them on the paddy field of a pitch up until this week.

We need VAR to weed out cheats like Dele Alli. 

Heart-wrenching for Rochdale.

Just now, Stuart said:

We need VAR to weed out cheats like Dele Alli. 

Heart-wrenching for Rochdale.

We do. Spurs singing they on  their way to wembley. Thought that was their home ground?? 

2 2 GOAL!!!!!!

Justice for Rochdale, throughly deserved.

Ref couldn't give the penalty to Spurs quick enough.

Ali is my bet for first England player to be sent off at the World Cup.

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ali is my bet for first England player to be sent off at the World Cup.

Wouldn't be a surprise at all to see him do something stupid at the WC yeah, whether it's a reckless lunge, second yellow for a dive, off the ball incident etc - there'll be opponents targeting him and he could quite easily be a liability.

Great to see all the praise for Dave Sweetmore in charge of the tunes at Spotland, even Henry Winter commented! 

19 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

We do. Spurs singing they on  their way to wembley. Thought that was their home ground?? 

2 2 GOAL!!!!!!

Just read this and had to double check the score. Turned it off when Spurs got their late pen. Ha Ha.

No I'm not a Riversider and never leave early.

Anyone know what happens when/if Spurs reach the Semi-Finals of the Cup? Can't imagine their opponents will be too pleased if the Semi Final is played on Spurs' home ground. Quite the advantage there.

Highly likely to happen given the convenient cup draw which has kept all the big guns apart in the quarter finals.

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Anyone know what happens when/if Spurs reach the Semi-Finals of the Cup? Can't imagine their opponents will be too pleased if the Semi Final is played on Spurs' home ground. Quite the advantage there.

Highly likely to happen given the convenient cup draw which has kept all the big guns apart in the quarter finals.

Extremely convenient indeed. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? 

Red card for city. The ref got the the yellow card out of his pocket but changed his mind and gave a red one . Strange

1 minute ago, skous18 said:

Red card for city. The ref got the the yellow card out of his pocket but changed his mind and gave a red one . Strange

Not as strange as standing their for 3 hours with his thumb up his arse waiting for VAR to make an offside decision.

34 minutes ago, skous18 said:

Well Pep has been whinging about red cards not being given for dodgy tackles in games which City are involved in, so he should be happy tonight

56 minutes ago, skous18 said:

The Wigan players got Delph red carded. Disgraceful behaviour rewarded again.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The Wigan players got Delph red carded. Disgraceful behaviour rewarded again.

In the modern game it was a straight red.

The Ref was a tit pulling a yellow out but corrected his initial mistake.

I enjoyed Youtube highlights and seeing Grigg skin Walker.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.