BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] ROVERS v Portsmouth

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you're flogging a dead horse Tony to be honest:

“I have had a good chat with Craig. I do feel as though the hip injury did knock him a little bit and he has been finding his way back a bit.

“I talked to him and he said he was feeling back to full throttle and he trained well, as he does every day, but I’m not sure he was at the heights he had showed early season.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15610550.Tony_Mowbray_looking_for_Craig_Conway_to_rediscover_his_form_in_front_of_goal_as_he_assesses_his_options_on_the_Rovers_left_side/?ref=mac

Today will be a good test for Rovers.  Doubt we will be allowed as much possession as we had against Plymouth.  We MUST improve on Oldham last Saturday.  Rovers now so unpredictable.  Going for a 1-1 draw. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

#Rovers: Raya, Nyambe, Mulgrew, Downing, Williams, Bennett, Smallwood, Whittingham, Chapman, Dack, Graham. 

#Rovers subs: Leutwiler, Caddis, Conway, Evans, Gladwin, Antonsson, Samuel.

Look forward to some fast, accurate attacking play coupled with some good defensive work.

Just now, JAL said:

Look forward to some fast, accurate attacking play coupled with some good defensive work.

Mm, not sure it's a day for that. Given the weather it'll more likely be midfield dog fight with plenty of head tennis thrown in. Our lot struggle to find a man on calm days and bowling green style pitches. I would have preferred Evans over Whittingham with that in mind.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, not sure it's a day for that. Given the weather it'll more likely be midfield dog fight with plenty of head tennis thrown in. Our lot struggle to find a man on calm days and bowling green style pitches. I would have preferred Evans over Whittingham with that in mind.

He would be the only change I would make to that lineup as well. Not sure if he is ready to start after injury though - so i expect he will come on for Whittingham or Smallwood at some point

That is as good a team as we can send out. Feeling confident about tonight's game given that lineup. Surely we should be tearing teams apart in League One with a front 4 of Graham, Dack, Chapman and Bennett.

Good to see Caddis and Antonsson being dropped finally. 

Pleased with the lineup, like Tyrone I'd have gone for Evans.

Glad to see Graham starting again, I think he has been judged a little harshly, particularly by certain members.

I thought he played reasonably well on Tuesday and would have had a second assist if Gladwin had scored as he should have done.

Service wasn't great but he put himself about well and he affected the game.

It very much looks like TM wants us on the front foot as it is quite an attacking team, let's hope we get at them straight from the off, get an early goal to settle the nerves and grow in confidence and win comfortably.

Archived