• Samuel
    • Antonsson
    • Graham
    • Nuttall
    • Platt
    • Travis

• J*B pinned this topic
  • Backroom

I'm one of the only people who will vote for Harper. Why? Because I don't know anything about him and he's unlikely to be less effective than other options.

Throw some younger lads in we need a shake up 

Raya

Nyambe Wharton Mulgrew Doyle

Bennett Smallwood Evans

Chapman   Dack

Samuel

We've not tried the Christmas Tree yet so might as well give it a whirl. It could be an unmitigated disaster but at least it might be fun to watch for once:) 

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood Evans

Chapman   Dack

Samuel

We've not tried the Christmas Tree yet so might as well give it a whirl. It could be an unmitigated disaster but at least it might be fun to watch for once:) 

Ironically think this formation should have been used against Oldham to cut the space in midfield when we have a deep/slow back 4...

Is Wharton fit and free to play?

14 minutes ago, klc_2012 said:

Ironically think this formation should have been used against Oldham to cut the space in midfield when we have a deep/slow back 4...

Is Wharton fit and free to play?

He played his first 45 minutes of the season last night I think, so no. Not sure Nyambe is either. Just thinking out loud really on a way to inject the tedium of our performances with a bit of vim and vigour in the future 

So going off the votes, team would be something like;

Raya

Nyambe Mulgrew Wharton Williams

Bennett  Smallwood Evans  Chapman

Dack

Samuel

44 minutes ago, AAK said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

But going off TM it will probably be nothing like it.

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

Wharton played last night so thats unlikely. I'd have like to have seen him and Travis start this one but i'd settle for Nyambe instead of Ward at CB. Then Downing can come back in on Saturday

1 hour ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Wharton played last night so thats unlikely. I'd have like to have seen him and Travis start this one but i'd settle for Nyambe instead of Ward at CB. Then Downing can come back in on Saturday

Yes, mate, I meant that's what the team would be like if the fans were picking the side. Shame Wharton won't be involved and yeh good point, Nyambe at CB would be an option, but would still leave us with Williams and Caddis, who we really need to drop

12 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Raya

Bennett Smallwood Evans

Chapman   Dack

Samuel

The mighty Ducks Flying V(enkys)

1 hour ago, AAK said:

Yes, mate, I meant that's what the team would be like if the fans were picking the side. Shame Wharton won't be involved and yeh good point, Nyambe at CB would be an option, but would still leave us with Williams and Caddis, who we really need to drop

To think we started the Doncaster game with Caddis and Williams as wing backs. I agree that these two need dropping but the problem is alternatives. i don't think we have an alternative to Willams, Doyle would be a massive gamble at this stage it isn't screaming out that he is ready for the step up. Hart didn't look great against Bury and looks more like he was brought in as a Wing Back, Mulgrew could play there but is needed at CB. 

Caddis for me is easier to replace. I think he'll start tonight and probably do fine as its a game where we will probably have the lions share of the ball and he is reasonable in possession. As someone has pointed out before you could try Bennett there, Nyambe is a good athlete, has a few games under his belt in the first team but is a bit ponderous in possession and worth putting back in especailly when our back line is slow slow. But I think Travis is screaming out for a promotion to the first team, he's ready now and needs to start or go out on loan.

But the most important thing is to be get rid of Ward from the first 11 ASAP. He makes us sit so deep, get Nyambe in there tonight he was reasonable enough vs Bury in the cup so can't be much worse play 4-2-3-1 play higher up the pitch and go force ourselves on the opposition. 

How this game will go depends entirely on whether Ward is anywhere near the first 11. He absolutely has to be dropped. With Lenihan and Downing out, I'd be happy with Nyambe if he is fit. 

I would also drop Whittingham and Antonsson, which would mean two of either Dack, Chapman or Harper coming in. 

I don't really understand all the hatred towards Williams and Caddis. There's a call for them to be dropped every game but they have done a reasonable job for us and certainly aren't the reason we are underperforming and losing games. 

Seeing as Nuttall, Wharton, Travis & Doyle all stupidly played yesterday, and Evans is injured, I would play:

Raya

Nyambe Ward Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Smallwood

Chapman     Dack        Antonsson

Samuel

I think Mowbray will play Nyambe at CB instead of Ward, I think that would be a bad idea even though Ward is shocking.

With whats available I'd go

Raya

Caddis       Nyambe      Mulgrew      Williams

Smallwood   Whittingham

Bennett                 Dack                Antonsson

Samuel

Id be tempted to start chapman on the right and have Bennett instead of Whittingham in the middle.

19 minutes ago, den9112 said:

TM sees Gladwin as being versatile ,who can cover  at CB ...you never know ...

The day that happens is the day we may as well all just pack it in, den9112. Ben Gladwin is not a centre half.

Something needs to change today. We need that "oomph" we had vs Rotherham. The eagerness to chase, to press as a team. We need to believe that we could lose this game if we give them an inch. We are losing to poorer sides because, somewhere in the build up to the game, we must be believing we have won it already.

Ward must not start. It is just our luck that as soon as we find someone that's an improvement on Ward he goes and gets crocked.

I said at the start of the season and I will keep saying it every single game: our defence has the potential to lose this game for us. We should have gone all out for a commanding centre back instead of bringing in tosh like Gladwin.

• J*B unpinned this topic

Archived