BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should replace TM?

neophox

Sorry again for being quite terse, but I'm not convinced that Johnson is the answer. Smells of a short term, desperate move like Berg, Appleton, or Shakespeare at Leicester. Spending time at this level will only lead to another relegation, and more financial issues. Just see how Grimsby and Coventry City have sunk. And it took them a bit longer. We are £100m or more in debt, which is increasing, reliant on Wankys lobbing a few million every now and then and are about as attractive as a Katie Hopkins sex video to any potential buyer. Promotion is needed in the next two seasons tops, or we'll sink further.

Thing is I agree a young up and coming manager would be great, but the difficulty is getting the right young manager. Paul Merson looked alright at one point!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately it'll be whoever is cheap and available and signed up to pashas agent cohorts... Or the guys he actually works with or for . Not venkys or chestons say or choice 

Until Venky's  Pasha and friends actually depart BRFC we're just going to be on repeat cycle 

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

Sorry again for being quite terse, but I'm not convinced that Johnson is the answer. Smells of a short term, desperate move like Berg, Appleton, or Shakespeare at Leicester. Spending time at this level will only lead to another relegation, and more financial issues. Just see how Grimsby and Coventry City have sunk. And it took them a bit longer. We are £100m or more in debt, which is increasing, reliant on Wankys lobbing a few million every now and then and are about as attractive as a Katie Hopkins sex video to any potential buyer. Promotion is needed in the next two seasons tops, or we'll sink further.

Thing is I agree a young up and coming manager would be great, but the difficulty is getting the right young manager. Paul Merson looked alright at one point!

I'm not convinced there is an answer.

One plus with Johnson is that he will have seen every first team and every u23 game this season and last season, he will know the squad inside out so he (hopefully) won't need a couple of months to work out who his best players are. It would be a no brainer to give him 5 games or so as caretaker and see what he's made of, if he is struggling then we can think about bringing someone in from outside.

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Reading this thread actually makes me lean towards keeping Mowbray <_<

Why? There have been many proven successes mentioned (Rosler, Cowley bros, etc.) that would snap our hands off if they were offered the managers job, why would you rather have a proven failure in charge?

22 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Why? There have been many proven successes mentioned (Rosler, Cowley bros, etc.) that would snap our hands off if they were offered the managers job, why would you rather have a proven failure in charge?

I don't recall any of those achieving a promotion to the top flight, and some examples including these brothers, have never even managed at THIS level, never mind above it.

Only someone with an agenda or axe to grind, could call Rosler a good choice (despite his recent involvement at Leeds and Wigan) and yet call TM a proven failure!

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Because pretty much all the alternatives either have a lot of failures on their CV or have absolutely nothing on it as far as first team management goes. If we make a change then so be it, but when I see the likes of Keane, Dunn, Johnson and Rosler touted as replacements it fills me with dread and really highlights how far we've fallen.

Just now, DE. said:

Because pretty much all the alternatives either have a lot of failures on their CV or have absolutely nothing on it as far as first team management goes. If we make a change then so be it, but when I see the likes of Keane, Dunn, Johnson and Rosler touted as replacements it fills me with dread and really highlights how far we've fallen.

If you were there on Saturday you'd have seen with your own eyes how far we've fallen. That's the World we live in now. Wishing it wasn't so won't change anything.

• Backroom
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you were there on Saturday you'd have seen with your own eyes how far we've fallen. That's the World we live in now. Wishing it wasn't so won't change anything.

I saw the game on iFollow, so I know. 

In all honestly talking about managerial changes is akin to rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. Nothing realistically changes until Venky's leave. We will just keep sinking.

14 hours ago, 47er said:

Not this again! You advertise the job, you find out the answer to that, you interview and you give the job to the best candidate.

A process that never happens with Venkys.

A decent Manager with a lower league pedigree would be salivating at the chance to turn our squad into a team.

Failing all that, Johnson is probably a better gamble than most. But a gamble nevertheless.

you interview, then  ignore the best candidate and let him sort someone else out and give the job to an idiot who has the right agent!

45 minutes ago, DE. said:

In fairness to Keane he won the Championship and would not accept lack of effort from the players. Not a hope he would work for Venkys though. 

11 minutes ago, lraC said:

you interview, then  ignore the best candidate and let him sort someone else out and give the job to an idiot who has the right agent!

It's highly likely that cheston was overruled by the guy's pulling Pashas strings 

Hence until venkys and their cohorts depart this club nothing changes no matter what division we are in. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd be having all the coaching staff in this morning. I'd put Johnno in charge of all team affairs, demote Lowe back to the under 18's and move  Mowbray sideways to running everything else.

I'd tell Johnno he's got whilst the New Year to improve things.

We need someone used to winning who'll get us playing with a smile on our faces. To enjoy being pro footballers. We don't even look like we want to be out there at the moment.

I think if your going to do that mowbray has to leave. After being top dog and the players reporting to him I don't see how it can be helpful to then keep him around in any capacity

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

In fairness to Keane he won the Championship and would not accept lack of effort from the players. Not a hope he would work for Venkys though. 

Mowbray won the Championship in the distant past as well. Keane is a terrible man manager and it would all end in tears. The guy isn't anywhere near emotionally stable enough to be a long term success as manager. He's got all of Ferguson's nastiness with none of the cunning.

But yeah, I can't see him working for Venky's either so it's probably not worth thinking about. 

Just now, DE. said:

Mowbray won the Championship in the distant past as well. Keane is a terrible man manager and it would all end in tears. The guy isn't anywhere near emotionally stable enough to be a long term success as manager. He's got all of Ferguson's nastiness with none of the cunning.

But yeah, I can't see him working for Venky's either so it's probably not worth thinking about. 

Ya , I would have my doubts, but he has mellowed recently working as number 2 to Martin O'Neill. I think he has pretty much stopped hurting the players in training :) 

Him and this club would literally be a match made in hell at the moment though. It would be Saipan all over again. Not a hope the standards would be high enough for him on or off the field 

Mowbray IN for me, the guy is trying to put some much needed structure in place at Ewood, he shouldn't need to but years of neglect means he has to do so. Whilst results haven't been amazing we are sat in a handy place just outside the play offs with a couple of games in hand on others. The fact that we have continually let players contracts just run down and brought in dross means our squad is changed to much from season to season.

Id like to see Mowbray do well and stay around for a few seasons and put in place some resemblance of normality in to the place.

The real problem lies with The Owners, Pacha and Cheston. Any manager would struggle to achieve their full potential working within the circus that is Blackburn Rovers, TM is trying to address these issues as well as run a promotion challenge with a squad that is still gelling. I honestly believe TM is the best manager we have had since Venkys potted Big Sam to bring in the first of Jerome's boys.

I'm baffled by some of our fans, they seem to forget the damage Venkys have done and now look straight at the manager. Yes we are all frustrated and think we should be doing better but lets not forget the real villains in all this. TM is trying to build a structure with the hindrance of a board room that consists of a finance guy, Rob I'll see you in Coart and the mystery man Pacha lurking in the shadows, then onto the cretins in Pune...

It seems many fans think we should walk this league with our squad, but in honesty probably half a dozen sets of fans will think they have the best squads in the league.

16 minutes ago, Athlete said:

It's highly likely that cheston was overruled by the guy's pulling Pashas strings 

Hence until venkys and their cohorts depart this club nothing changes no matter what division we are in. 

I would probably say it was more likely to nailed on, than highly likely. Of course no one has taken the blame yet for this mistake, which may have cost around £15M

1 minute ago, pk1875 said:

Mowbray IN for me, the guy is trying to put some much needed structure in place at Ewood, he shouldn't need to but years of neglect means he has to do so. Whilst results haven't been amazing we are sat in a handy place just outside the play offs with a couple of games in hand on others. The fact that we have continually let players contracts just run down and brought in dross means our squad is changed to much from season to season.

Id like to see Mowbray do well and stay around for a few seasons and put in place some resemblance of normality in to the place.

The real problem lies with The Owners, Pacha and Cheston. Any manager would struggle to achieve their full potential working within the circus that is Blackburn Rovers, TM is trying to address these issues as well as run a promotion challenge with a squad that is still gelling. I honestly believe TM is the best manager we have had since Venkys potted Big Sam to bring in the first of Jerome's boys.

I'm baffled by some of our fans, they seem to forget the damage Venkys have done and now look straight at the manager. Yes we are all frustrated and think we should be doing better but lets not forget the real villains in all this. TM is trying to build a structure with the hindrance of a board room that consists of a finance guy, Rob I'll see you in Coart and the mystery man Pacha lurking in the shadows, then onto the cretins in Pune...

It seems many fans think we should walk this league with our squad, but in honesty probably half a dozen sets of fans will think they have the best squads in the league.

Good post. Sensible. 

It is hard to deal with let down after let down though. There is no visibility of Venkys, which suits them perfectly. So Mowbray gets the slack, which is unfair all things considered  

23 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

How does any manager watch Ward and then make a decision to play him in our first team?  On that basis TM should go.

18 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

It said it all for me to be honest, when Mowbray attended the most recent fans meeting and also the one before. He is the manager of the football team and was expected to attend that and front what was a potentially explosive evening. The guy is probably doing the job of 3 men, at the minute, trying to keep everything together. As he has stated recently, he is trying to negotiate longer contracts for the younger players for example and prevent a repeat of the Connor Mahoney, Junior Hoilett and Joshua King sagas. The guy is a human being, not a machine and it is hardly any wonder, he is struggling to a degree. He is operating with a hand tied behind his back for starters, as well as everything else.

Just now, lraC said:

It said it all for me to be honest, when Mowbray attended the most recent fans meeting and also the one before. He is the manager of the football team and was expected to attend that and front what was a potentially explosive evening. The guy is probably doing the job of 3 men, at the minute, trying to keep everything together. As he has stated recently, he is trying to negotiate longer contracts for the younger players for example and prevent a repeat of the Connor Mahoney, Junior Hoilett and Joshua King sagas. The guy is a human being, not a machine and it is hardly any wonder, he is struggling to a degree. He is operating with a hand tied behind his back for starters, as well as everything else.

True. Not saying Mowbray is Guardiola , bu even he struggle in his first season at city 

We just have a huge desire for the club to do well this season 

Archived