BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should replace TM?

neophox

14 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

To answer the question to the topic- no. If the whole topic isn’t bad enough, the people who want him gone are suggesting the likes of Johnson, the two lads at Lincoln and Tugay. None of these have the experience of this league. 

We wouldn't get them we'd get whoever is cheap available and on the books of pashas agency buddies or whoever tells the big fella 

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scotchrover said:

Look at the managers we’ve had which have had no experience of the league we’ve been in though:

Kean- disaster 

Appleton- shambles

Berg- abysmal 

Bowyer- did okay

Kidd- dreadful

Hughes- excellent, but he’d already managed Wales

The cherry on the top though, who had the 2 things you stated as a must above (youth and some success): 

Ince- absolute disaster

Experience, experience, experience is all that those planks in India should look for, based on... experience of their dreadful reign here.  

Haha..it is like a school report

33 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

To answer the question to the topic- no. If the whole topic isn’t bad enough, the people who want him gone are suggesting the likes of Johnson, the two lads at Lincoln and Tugay. None of these have the experience of this league. 

Guess how much experience of League 1 Chris Wilder had before leading Sheffield United to the league title with ease... that's it, as much as Johnson.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Guess how much experience of League 1 Chris Wilder had before leading Sheffield United to the league title with ease... that's it, as much as Johnson.

1 manager, who had a proven track record before arriving.

45 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

If I don't get this squad up I'm not much of a  coach - T Mowbray Oct '17.

I would have been amazed to hear TM say Id be happy with a top 10 finish. Looking at the table now we are well placed to be in the play off places, you can finish 6th and go up. Way to early to be discussing sacking TM. Our willingness to constantly sack managers is a symptom of Venkys clueless reign of terror.

Just now, pk1875 said:

I would have been amazed to hear TM say Id be happy with a top 10 finish. Looking at the table now we are well placed to be in the play off places, you can finish 6th and go up. Way to early to be discussing sacking TM. Our willingness to constantly sack managers is a symptom of Venkys clueless reign of terror.

Looking at the table were closer to the relegation spots than automatic promotion... 

The play offs are a lottery.. What happens if we get in the playoffs but fail what then another pay rise contract extension for TM 

1 hour ago, pk1875 said:

I agree that it is too early to sack Mowbray based on results to this point.

However, I still think he was another very poor appointment and I don't understand the logic of people having faith he will gradually build us back up and take us forward.

Several posts on here relate to needing a manager with a track record in this Division.

Whilst disagreeing with that, I would point out that Mowbray's track record in this Division is to leave his previous club at the foot of it.

Yes, he seems a much more genuine guy than Coyle, but the bottom line is that his managerial career has followed a very similar pattern, i.e. Early success followed by a catalogue of failure.

On the basis of what I've seen so far this season, I can't see him reversing that trend at Rovers.

We all know Venky's are the underlying problem, but they have backed Mowbray financially and given him authority to dictate footballing matters at the club.

I think he's already made some poor decisions in terms of recruitment, team selection and tactics.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think in time he will take the club further back rather than forward.

However, I accept that in the event of him being sacked, another poor appointment will be made.

It's grim.

8 hours ago, pk1875 said:

It seems many fans think we should walk this league with our squad, but in honesty probably half a dozen sets of fans will think they have the best squads in the league.

Either TM didn't recruit well enough or he can't find his best side.Or both.

On paper we look promotion material.

3 hours ago, Gav said:

Thank god we still have some posters with the ability to see the bigger picture :tu:

What is that bigger picture Gav? A couple of seasons in League 1 to recuperate? TM will completely rebuild Ewood Park from scratch on his own? I will tell you the bigger picture...we dont get promoted this season, we will fall into midtable next season after Mulgrew, Lenihan, and anyone else of worth either gets sold or retires. The Venkies will think fck this after somewhat investing this year to get us back up and think fck are we doing that again. We will then become absolute fodder under a manager who thinks he is pep guardiloa with his tactics and fall further each season until we end up in Div 4. Championship all over again...but glad you see the big picture.

2 hours ago, pk1875 said:

Top two was his target with 80+ goals scored - do the math. On our current run of form we will finish 16th.

We are now closer to the relgation places than the top 2.

Just now, JacknOry said:

What is that bigger picture Gav? A couple of seasons in League 1 to recuperate? TM will completely rebuild Ewood Park from scratch on his own? I will tell you the bigger picture...we dont get promoted this season, we will fall into midtable next season after Mulgrew, Lenihan, and anyone else of worth either gets sold or retires. The Venkies will think fck this after somewhat investing this year to get us back up and think fck are we doing that again. We will then become absolute fodder under a manager who thinks he is pep guardiloa with his tactics and fall further each season until we end up in Div 4. Championship all over again...but glad you see the big picture.

The bigger picture is pk1875's post, says it all, I've nowt to add.

You're right. The week after he was saying we had no divine right to win promotion. Self-preservation I think they call it. They guy's a flake.

5 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

I think a few have been taken in by Mowbray's patter.

Just now, Gav said:

The bigger picture is pk1875's post, says it all, I've nowt to add.

Which is to accept where we are, accept our dumbing down and hope that tinkerman can run the club single handedly while trying out Barca tactics. How simple is it that he bought the players, he trains them, coaches them, motivates them and then selects them for the team in the (latest) formation that he chooses? Nuttall scores for fun in the u23s but he would rather have Super Gladwin on the bench and bring him on - to justify wasting money on him perhaps?  

He is not getting the results required of HIS OWN TARGETS. All of our defeats and poor performances have been against the lower quarters in this league. We have not even played the Wigans and Fleetwoods (sigh to imagine them as competition) yet. We are talking the dam Oldhams of this division. If we cannot beat that lot at home after the shambles of last weekend - might as well just pack up and leave right now. 

43 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I agree that it is too early to sack Mowbray based on results to this point.

However, I still think he was another very poor appointment and I don't understand the logic of people having faith he will gradually build us back up and take us forward.

Several posts on here relate to needing a manager with a track record in this Division.

Whilst disagreeing with that, I would point out that Mowbray's track record in this Division is to leave his previous club at the foot of it.

Yes, he seems a much more genuine guy than Coyle, but the bottom line is that his managerial career has followed a very similar pattern, i.e. Early success followed by a catalogue of failure.

On the basis of what I've seen so far this season, I can't see him reversing that trend at Rovers.

We all know Venky's are the underlying problem, but they have backed Mowbray financially and given him authority to dictate footballing matters at the club.

I think he's already made some poor decisions in terms of recruitment, team selection and tactics.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think in time he will take the club further back rather than forward.

However, I accept that in the event of him being sacked, another poor appointment will be made.

It's grim.

Kind of sums up how I and I suspect many feel

The current stats are showing Rovers strike force as being down in sixteenth place though with two games in hand. The worry is that all the strikers are currently getting onto the pitch with no one injured, so what does that tell us in trying to gauge Rovers fortunes for the rest of the season. It isn't a confident one for me.

Watched the highlights today and when you see Gladwin missing that open goal you just have to accept luck was not with us. But you make your own luck and that's what they have to do on Saturday. Three points needed. No excuses. Mowbray has to get to know his best team. If he can't he should go. But it is not panic stations yet. Three wins on the trot will get us back up there. But the question is will that happen? Anxious feeling when they are playing. 

Archived