BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott the Barnet FA Cup tie

There's a lot of debate at the moment about who or what is to blame for Rovers poor form - is it Mowbray? , is it the players ?, the formations ? lack of fitness? not playing the youngsters?

Of course, we all know deep down that all those questions are irrelevant because the cause of all Rovers problems are the people behind the scenes who don't know how to run a professional football club and honestly don't care. Change the manager/players/formations all we like it won't solve the deep rooted problems. Even promotion would only paper over the cracks of a continual downward trend.

We need to be asking ourselves where Rovers will be in 3,4 or 5 years time if Venkys are still in charge. Will there be a Rovers?

At the moment everyone at the club is on easy street. Who moans at Mowbray apart from the fans? Who, within the club, is going to talk to the players about attitude and ambition ? There is nobody to do it other than Mowbray who is probably far too busy.

It's about time we put the pressure on Venkys again. I know it's difficult and most people will say 'It won't make any difference what we do' but Venkys do not like bad publicity. We have to try something.

However, a massive almost 100% boycott of an FA cup match would help. Is anyone really that bothered about this match against Barnet that they can't bring themselves to miss it for the long term good of the club?

Nobody has tickets yet so why not think about it. The BBC cover the FA cup in some detail, I'm sure it would make some big news that the 6 times cup winners will have no home fans watching.

Rovers fans have been superb this season - especially away from home but even that great support does not go rewarded with results. Not a squeak from Venkys about anything.

It's just a suggestion but Venkys are just having it too easy. This would be an opportunity to make a point without affecting our promotion prospects and without missing anything too exciting. A one off effort to remind people exactly what is happening at our club.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Leyland-Rover said:

If tickets are cheap, I'll be keen.

Dear Rovers - £5 adults and quid a kid please. 

The new F.A. rule about ticket pricing states a minimum of £10 must be charged.

The home club decides the cost of tickets now instead of an agreement between both clubs, as previously used since the 1870's. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Whats the point? The dogs on the street know how the fans feel about Venkys. Protesting or boycotting games makes 0 difference 

How do you know? Think of the publicity.

Anyone else heard, for instance, that by last year there was a change and most of the family wanted to sell?

But apparently something happened/" things" were discovered to make them go along with Balaji and keep the club.

Why couldn't they sell?

27 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

How do you know? Think of the publicity.

Anyone else heard, for instance, that by last year there was a change and most of the family wanted to sell?

But apparently something happened/" things" were discovered to make them go along with Balaji and keep the club.

Why couldn't they sell?

Apparently isn't good enough. The fact is they haven't. 

Think of the publicity,ya,there wouldn't be much and it would die over after a few hours outside of us supporters. Venkys won't care and the FA won't care

Problem B-it's impossible to get all supporters involved 

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Apparently isn't good enough. The fact is they haven't. 

Think of the publicity,ya,there wouldn't be much and it would die over after a few hours outside of us supporters. Venkys won't care and the FA won't care

Problem B-it's impossible to get all supporters involved 

No...but it shows that they weren't 100% determined to cling onto their baby...there was a willingness to consider letting go. Could it be that bad publicity contributed to that shift?.

Anyway, what really is "not good enough" is for us to carry on wringing our hands and do nothing.Surely, we must seek opportunities to gain press coverage.

1 hour ago, Dunnfc said:

Maybe take a trip to 98 cockfosters road, barnet whilst we are at it and pop in on tantric.

That's exactly where we should be going if there's a replay although last time I looked it up i'm sure it was a launderette or something. Now I know he's a double dealing spiv but can't see him living in a flat above a shop with all the money he's bled out of Rovers :blink:

1 hour ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

No...but it shows that they weren't 100% determined to cling onto their baby...there was a willingness to consider letting go. Could it be that bad publicity contributed to that shift?.

Anyway, what really is "not good enough" is for us to carry on wringing our hands and do nothing.Surely, we must seek opportunities to gain press coverage.

I read nowhere that they considered selling. Do you have a link?

14 minutes ago, McClarky said:

Absolutely no point boycotting a game hardly anyone will go to anyway, it’ll just be a low gate. Should have boycotted against Man U last year so it would be noticed.

Absolutely- no one did though. 

If you’re going to boycott, you don’t do it with a game, you do like Blackpool fans have. 

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That's exactly where we should be going if there's a replay although last time I looked it up i'm sure it was a launderette or something. Now I know he's a double dealing spiv but can't see him living in a flat above a shop with all the money he's bled out of Rovers :blink:

Jerome lives on a private road, gated big White House if memory serves me correct. 

2 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

It's a case of keeping it in the news ATM 

5 hours ago, AggyBlue said:

The new F.A. rule about ticket pricing states a minimum of £10 must be charged.

The home club decides the cost of tickets now instead of an agreement between both clubs, as previously used since the 1870's. 

I suspect £10 would be the price decided upon which would seem fair enough.  Depending on how many Barnet bring I would think a gate of around six thousand would be expected.

41 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I suspect £10 would be the price decided upon which would seem fair enough.  Depending on how many Barnet bring I would think a gate of around six thousand would be expected.

Given it's a cup game of little importance would you join a boycott on this gamePB?

Archived