BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott the Barnet FA Cup tie

Can't blame them really they're probably looking at 3 or 4k home fans for this and i'd imagine plenty bigger clubs shut sections for these type of games. Very sad state of affairs but that's where we are at.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it’s hard to blame the club and it’s a reaction to the anticipated small gate. I was just shocked to discover this. 

I suppose I’ve contributed to the situation in a way by not attending any previous cup games this season. The caribou cup is hardly enticing. 

I think ex Premier League winners playing in the 1st round of the FA Cup whilst sat mid table in the 3rd division, closing half the stadium and an anticipated home crowd of about 4,000 sends a sufficient message to those interested about what has happened to this club.

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I think ex Premier League winners playing in the 1st round of the FA Cup whilst sat mid table in the 3rd division, closing half the stadium and an anticipated home crowd of about 4,000 sends a sufficient message to those interested about what has happened to this club.

Does it? Low crowds are the norm now in the cups, it's accepted as the norm. An anti-FA boycott, and promoted as such, would garner much more attention. A missed opportunity.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Does it? Low crowds are the norm now in the cups, it's accepted as the norm. An anti-FA boycott, and promoted as such, would garner much more attention. A missed opportunity.

The very fact we are participating in the competition at this stage given our history is in my opinion a disgrace. Whether there are 1,000 fans on or 10,000 fans on this club shouldn't be playing in the first round of the FA Cup.

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

This club and cup, JH.

The FA Cup has lost its pull because of this further push towards continental 'super-league' football. Every year more and more managers throw their sides chances away in the FA cup in the chase for them lucrative continental competitions.

The FA won't care about a boycott to this because the FA, and the EPL, has one ambition in football. Smaller clubs don't feature.

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 19:25, Hasta said:

Don't get me wrong. This lot are as crooked, dodgy, bent and evil as they come. The sooner they bugger off the better.

Its just nobody is laying Owen Coyle to be the next Rovers manager for a million bucks. 

Not in Ladbrokes, not on any exchange, not even in the Far East.

As I mentioned on the other thread, these bookies are illegal, not stupid. 

I guess if this Sun article is anywhere near accurate, then perhaps the illegal bookies are stupid after all. These sums are eye watering.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5133944/ashes-2017-18-third-test-england-cricket-perth-bookies-rig-plot/

On 14/12/2017 at 13:52, lraC said:

I guess if this Sun article is anywhere near accurate, then perhaps the illegal bookies are stupid after all. These sums are eye watering.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5133944/ashes-2017-18-third-test-england-cricket-perth-bookies-rig-plot/

You really don't get this do you.  The article says:-

Other  legitimate betting markets are also hit by the huge shifts in underground Indian gambling as many use regular accounts to lay bets.

There's enough liquidity on cricket markets for the illegal bookmakers to do this on cricket to make sure they don't lose. There isn't on a next manager market.

For example, On Betfairs exchange, there is currently over £11million  traded on the in-play Maratha Arabians V Punjabi Legends T10 cricket match. If you want to back the favourites you can have a bet of well over £1million on them to win.

On their 'Next Wales manager' market there is less than £1500 traded. The biggest bet you can have on the favourite is about £28.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 18:20, Hasta said:

Other  legitimate betting markets are also hit by the huge shifts in underground Indian gambling as many use regular accounts to lay bets.

There's enough liquidity on cricket markets for the illegal bookmakers to do this on cricket to make sure they don't lose. There isn't on a next manager market.

For example, On Betfairs exchange, there is currently over £11million  traded on the in-play Maratha Arabians V Punjabi Legends T10 cricket match. If you want to back the favourites you can have a bet of well over £1million on them to win.

On their 'Next Wales manager' market there is less than £1500 traded. The biggest bet you can have on the favourite is about £28.

It may well be the red tops that don't get it, not me.

On 16/12/2017 at 19:20, Hasta said:

Don't apply UK bookmaking sense to the Far East or Indian markets.

The money over there and the need for a gamble- any gamble- swamps our numbers.

The Hong Kong football betting market alone has a larger turnover than the Premier League and European Champions League combined.

2 hours ago, philipl said:

The Hong Kong football betting market alone has a larger turnover than the Premier League and European Champions League combined.

spot on, but some can't see that.

12 hours ago, philipl said:

10 hours ago, lraC said:

spot on, but some can't see that.

I agree, but not on a next manager market for a lowly Championshipship club.

There may well be far more money gambled over there but bookmakers will still apply the same logic to laying these bets off to limit liability as over here.

I've shown that turnover on a single day major event in the U.K will be well over 7000 times higher than that of a next manager market. If owners and players were crooked they could win seriously huge money spot betting on a championship game. They simply couldn't on a next manager market which is the only point I am making.

On 20/12/2017 at 10:16, lraC said:

It may well be the red tops that don't get it, not me.

Why?  The article says illegal bookmakers lay liabilities back off through legitimate betting markets. 

Illegal, not stupid.

Archived