BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sponsor on our backside

Stuart

“We’ll be doing everything we can to get this great club back where it belongs by ‘arte et labore’ – skill and hard work – and we want the Rovers fans to come and join us on this journey.”

This quote really got me. Can't even have an interview about a new manager without some sort of chatter about "getting back to where we belong" and urging "fans to come and join".

They will come back when you, the club, does things the right way. Until then enough of the talk about 'getting back to where we belong' and go ahead and do it. Every time I hear that phrase I just see picture of fat Baz with his shirt undone and think "I'd do ti........

Anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

“We’ll be doing everything we can to get this great club back where it belongs by ‘arte et labore’ – skill and hard work – and we want the Rovers fans to come and join us on this journey.”

This quote really got me. Can't even have an interview about a new manager without some sort of chatter about "getting back to where we belong" and urging "fans to come and join".

They will come back when you, the club, does things the right way. Until then enough of the talk about 'getting back to where we belong' and go ahead and do it. Every time I hear that phrase I just see picture of fat Baz with his shirt undone and think "I'd do ti........

Anyway.

The only way this club is “doing everything it can to get Rovers back where it belongs” is if that strapline was conceived by a Bumley fan.

Just now, arbitro said:

Personally I don't see any problem if it brings money in. The PL clubs are now allowed advertising on their sleeves - it's the way football is going.

Lower league clubs have been doing this for years. It’s just another sign of our adjustment to L1/L2 and almost Stanley-esque in its setting of ‘realistic ambitions’.

Just now, Stuart said:

Lower league clubs have been doing this for years. It’s just another sign of our adjustment to L1/L2 and almost Stanley-esque in its setting of ‘realistic ambitions’.

I don't think it will be long before most clubs have it. Seria A and Last Liga clubs have had it for some time (including socks).

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Personally I don't see any problem if it brings money in. The PL clubs are now allowed advertising on their sleeves - it's the way football is going.

Ditto, The power of advertising doesn't make much of a difference merchandise wise but extra coin comes in.

34 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Caption Competition...

2692ED0D-6A22-41C0-BAEB-BF02F30D6924.jpeg

John Noakes hushed tones over the Blue Peter outro music

" And here is winner of the decorate your own shirt competition, Young Charlie from Blackburn made this with just a copy of ms paint , ink jet printer, some sticky back paper and a pair of scissors" "Get down Shep"

• Backroom

It looks very Amateur but I'm not fully against the principle - noticed premier league teams now have sleeve sponsors.

Overall it's silly but if it's the way things are going we need to keep up 

'The Energy Check' is a pretty new smallish company (formed 3 years ago) that seems to be doing okay.  It certainly wont be 'big bucks' and it would be no surprise if the 'dosh' came by way of energy efficiency savings this outfit could find for Rovers.

Think it's a sign of the hard economic times Rovers find themselves in.

To me, is the 'prostitution' of the Rovers' brand worth a few grand that probably wont even cover 2 or 3 weeks of Graham's weekly employment costs.

33 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Its tacky and looks @#/?, what next baseball caps with logos on for when they get interviewed.

might as well go the whole hog and sell every space on the shirt inc the collar, what about sponsored socks.

Sebastian_Vettel_2012_Bahrain_GP.jpg

Christ Tony Pulis has changed

seriously why wasn't this done in the summer we are 25% percent or more into the season meaning we struggled for a sponsor or it's worth zilch at this stage.

• 1 month later...
On 10/20/2017 at 18:20, Stuart said:

No worries, Stuart. We can ditch it after next season when we're back in the Prem. :D

Archived