BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Family Stand Fiasco

My Twitter timeline has exploded tonight with various revelations about how Rovers are policing the family stand. I understand that adults unaccompanied by children are not allowed to sit in the family stand. They are supposed to inform the ticket office & will be reassigned another seat for any match where their child is not with them.

This suggests that an adult can buy a season ticket for themselves & a child at the beginning of the season, but effectively, are not guaranteed that "their" seat can be occupied.

The only possible reason I can think of for such a policy is potential safeguarding issues. 

Are there people in the family stand that have bought child tickets but appear not to have a child with them at any point ?

Any thoughts/observations from those "closer to the action" as it were ? 

18 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

My Twitter timeline has exploded tonight with various revelations about how Rovers are policing the family stand. I understand that adults unaccompanied by children are not allowed to sit in the family stand. They are supposed to inform the ticket office & will be reassigned another seat for any match where their child is not with them.

This suggests that an adult can buy a season ticket for themselves & a child at the beginning of the season, but effectively, are not guaranteed that "their" seat can be occupied.

The only possible reason I can think of for such a policy is potential safeguarding issues. 

Are there people in the family stand that have bought child tickets but appear not to have a child with them at any point ?

Any thoughts/observations from those "closer to the action" as it were ? 

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/33022-season-ticket-spot-checks/&page=3

• Backroom

It started for me when my name and details were written in a notebook on Tuesday when I went to go in without my 6 year old.

Hes actually only been twice this season as we missed a couple of games on holiday so I wanted clarity from the club.

The problem is it wasn't in the terms when the tickets were sold and there's still nothing about it in them.

It can't be safe guarding either as the terms DO state that they reserve the right to place other adults in the family stand if other areas sell out, so that goes out of the window.

What grates a bit is there's no good reason for it, I haven't gained anything, I paid for one full adult season ticket and got a free under 8 ticket on the basis that it gives my son the option to go when he wants but we aren't losing out too much when he doesn't want to or can't make it. 

Why am I fine to go with him but all of a sudden when it's just me and my dad without him we somehow become a menace to the rest of the stand?

Health & safety regs, to be honest children should be supervised, I was at  the game the other day a couple of kids were chasing each other (didn't bother me) the steward was behind me I turned round & looked at him he didn't look best pleased. Think they could be clamping down on that it's a blame claim game these days.

9 hours ago, Bluebarley said:

Health & safety regs, to be honest children should be supervised, I was at  the game the other day a couple of kids were chasing each other (didn't bother me) the steward was behind me I turned round & looked at him he didn't look best pleased. Think they could be clamping down on that it's a blame claim game these days.

But this is adults without kids we are talking about.

12 hours ago, Jamesw1982 said:

Apparantly some people are using child tickets and gaining entrance. But surely this is easy to solve check the tickets as they go through.

A, hopefully small, number of fans have done this for years and if the intention is to stamp out the fraud the club is to be praised. HOWEVER going after adults who cannot take their child to a particular game is plain wrong and another example of the club treating the ordinary, law abiding supporter in a heavy handed manner. We held four child STs at one time and it was only on Saturday afternoons all four were certain to be present. All sorts of reasons why but a couple would be for midweek games the following day is a school day, the kids might have cubs, scouts, football training etc. etc. 

Badly handled yet again.

Should have a flexiticket scheme where face value tickets are transferable & redeemable, as for checking when it scans unless there's some sort of photo ID tech would be always open to abuse unless somebody individually checks a laborious task.

Here’s an idea. If any adult family stand ST holders have their children ill or away then how about a meeting point with their “neices and nephew’s” families and all go in together?

We can call it the Aunties and Uncles Club. ;)

#strongertogether #onebigfamily

I can totally understand not allowing single adults to buy tickets in the family stand.  Obviously also if the club has information about the record of an adult wanting to sit in the area who shouldn't, then they should take appropriate action too.

However, if someone has a season ticket, then they should be free to attend and sit in their seat.

If there is an overall change in club policy that they want to change, then that's their perogative and letters sent to all season ticket holders. However a steward hovering behind the turnstiles writing people's details in a notebook is both inconsistent, against current club policy, and to be frank is implying that the customer is doing something wrong, that implication is very damaging and dis-respectful. Plus what guarantees do fans have about the details being held in that notebook, who views it, where is it held etc?

If true, this is an absolute joke. So much so, I am prepared to jack in going to Rovers permanently. I buy a ticket for my son. He sits with his grandparents with my daughter who has a free ticket. Today the weather was abysmal and they chose not to go because it was rank weather. Through coincidence, my parents weren't going so they haven't been met with any of this nonsense. He/I am a paying customer who should have the right to attend without such heavy-handed snd disrespectful tactics.  It is clear to me that there is some half-witted jobsworth with an ounce of power at Ewood and this is nothing other than contempt towards the few fans that can be bothered to support this joke of a club. This has nothing whatsoever to do with laws, regulations or 'Safeguarding' .  It is purely ridiculous, idiotic and once again,  embarassing.

Just now, Pedro said:

If true, this is an absolute joke. So much so, I am prepared to jack in going to Rovers permanently. I buy a ticket for my son. He sits with his grandparents with my daughter who has a free ticket. Today the weather was abysmal and they chose not to go because it was rank weather. Through coincidence, my parents weren't going so they haven't been met with any of this nonsense. He/I am a paying customer who should have the right to attend without such heavy-handed snd disrespectful tactics.  It is clear to me that there is some half-witted jobsworth with an ounce of power at Ewood and this is nothing other than contempt towards the few fans that can be bothered to support this joke of a club. This has nothing whatsoever to do with laws, regulations or 'Safeguarding' .  It is purely ridiculous, idiotic and once again,  embarassing.

Agreed. And worse still it’s targeted at those fans who are trying to nurture the next generation of Rovers fans.

The eejits at the club wouldn’t even give me a plastic cup to pour my lad’s purchased coke into. The reason? “It is a stocked item”. We are talking about literal penny pinching. So glad we had those consultants in to make enemies of the customer base.

Someone needs to get a grip of the current situation. Don’t see us winning this again...

B861AF27-4B25-46ED-9F08-6A2CA655428A.jpeg

• Backroom
Just now, AshleyClifford said:

I suspect some have tickets in the family stand with a child that never uses their ticket... Ever! Maybe even exist ? People will always abuse the system which ruins it for every one

Not sure what they would be gaining though - isn't the other side of the family stand the same price?

I tend to think we've made enough of a stink about this for it to blow over. I didn't but intend to cause any outrage on my part just wanted some clarity and common sense.

The staff regarding refreshments seem poorly trained & lack motivation, I bought some water £1:70 a bottle premium price playing about with there mobiles when getting served don't blame them in a way with minimum wage. Fast service though compared to some grounds you can't have everything. Slightly off topic thinking of the coke glass it was probably there staff couldn't be bothered making the effort.

3 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

The staff regarding refreshments seem poorly trained & lack motivation, I bought some water £1:70 a bottle premium price playing about with there mobiles when getting served don't blame them in a way with minimum wage. Fast service though compared to some grounds you can't have everything. Slightly off topic thinking of the coke glass it was probably there staff couldn't be bothered making the effort.

The (plastic) glasses were stacked right behind them. It took more effort for the TWO of them to explain why they wouldn’t let me use them. Blamed their bosses (the rules) but personally I think they need retraining.

4 minutes ago, Bluebarley said:

Ok you never said glass positionment, everything is geared up towards profit but it's penny pinching really with the margins. The cups will come in from china in bulk.

Starting to think you are a club employee.

Archived