BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board's New Format/Layout

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

I have not noticed that with notifications, seem to be OK for me.

As for dislike button, think that was tried before and it did not go down well and was misused.

Its when you get a notification whilst browsing - its bloody annoying and i'm trying to find out how to change it!

Dislike button is just a way of trolling people so won't be coming back. 

Ah, I use a multi-monitor setup with my extended display on my external monitor being the one I usually browse on (as its bigger) while my notifications come to my main desktop (original screen) and they seem fine to me. Not tried on any mobile devices yet either.

13 minutes ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Right at the bottom of the page, do you have a link that says Theme (should be next to Contact Us), with a drop-down arrow? If you do, change the theme to "BRFCS 4.2.5 Updated". It's a much lighter skin and makes all the links and notifications so much easier to read.

image.thumb.png.4be85493e56d80f5bcabdf3cfd6f31a4.png

That’s the theme everyone should be seeing. I’m confused why you weren’t! 

• 3 weeks later...

Notifications should be working now... i've had to change some of the colours to a poxy great colour, but better than notifications you can't see. Can't win every battle and that. 

For reference the standard theme that you should be using (automatically) is JB_BRFCS_NOV2017 at the bottom of this page.

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

When they are going retro on the kits i'd like to see them hark back to the late 80's or early 90's versions for a change instead of every few years these powder blue affairs. We know the history but it's more likely something to do with the suppliers and what they have to hand !

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you put the club crest on the right of the BRFCS banner on the top, that would look good. Even the rose would be a nice touch 

We're not allowed to use the crest. Unfortunately.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It is bloody awful. 

Why change for what is hopefully just a passing fancy,  in bad taste. 

It's to keep the forum in line with the Rovers kit and part of an ongoing change to the forum. The home page will be dramatically changing next and moving to a move interactive page including latest highlights, news, pictures and tweets.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

It's to keep the forum in line with the Rovers kit and part of an ongoing change to the forum. The home page will be dramatically changing next and moving to a move interactive page including latest highlights, news, pictures and tweets.

Are you suggesting or do you know that the Club are re-branding to a pale blue on a permanent basis?

I truly hope that 'NO' is the answer. 

The other improvements to the site all look like good upgrades. 

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

When they are going retro on the kits i'd like to see them hark back to the late 80's or early 90's versions for a change instead of every few years these powder blue affairs. We know the history but it's more likely something to do with the suppliers and what they have to hand !

I remain suspicious that the blue used on our home shirts is the same blue used on Man City's shirts and the reason we've ended up with it is because it all comes from the same factory.

In principle I've no problem with us using the sky blue from time to time to change things up, there's no rules as far as I'm aware on what shade of blue we use only that it is blue and white halves. We're quite limited with what else we can change other than the sleeves, and in an era where merchandise sales are pushed and pushed it probably makes some commercial sense to try and mix things up and offer something different every now and again rather than retaining exactly the same shade and template every season.

If we look at our badge, or certainly the version currently used on Sky Sports, the blue used is pale, plus there's lots of yellow writing and lines. So strictly speaking the colour on our shirts probably isn't too far off the colour being used on our badge at present.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Are you suggesting or do you know that the Club are re-branding to a pale blue on a permanent basis?

I truly hope that 'NO' is the answer. 

The other improvements to the site all look like good upgrades. 

Nope, definitely not! All we know is this season's blue kit is the exact blue which is currently used on the forum. If they change back to a darker blue, we will too. 

• Like 3

Just now, OnePhilT said:

The idea is to update the colours to our latest home kit each season. These colours are not going to stay forever, but we want to keep the website fresh and up to date. It was a chance for someone (me) to get my head around the theming and layout of the forum software, which is something that has been neglected for a while now.

Although we may be used to a certain layout and colours, there were a number of things that weren't right - the huge header at the top of the page wasting a lot of vertical space, the convoluted menu layout, the lack of a proper area to collate the popular podcasts, the dated header/photo, etc. We are trying to move things forward, but obviously any constructive feedback is welcome.

There are going to be one or two other changes coming - namely the home page layout, whereby we will inject more latest content rather than have a home page that is ignored by us all (the last article in there is from six months ago!). So we're trying to give the forum a bit of life. I appreciate the new home kit colours aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I would rather the site didn't sit still and go stale. The new theme helps lead to other ideas and gives the volunteers a bit of a kick to move things forward!

Thanks to you and JB for detailed and understandable responses. 

With Rovers biggest and best fan MB adopting this seasons colour scheme I hope the Club do not take it as a thumbs up for a longer use of insipid blue.

COYB.