BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board's New Format/Layout

I can get to the messageboard ok on my iPad. (10.3.3)

Using Safari, if I click on a thread kt gives "A poblem occured with this web page so it was reloaded" and stays blank.

On Chrome it gets to the messageboard and just doesn't load the thread. Just  freezes the tab and doesn't load.

No problem until today. Any ideas?

• Like 1

I am having problem on ipad using safari too ..  just refuses to load up correctly. . Eventually when it does it just gets blank screens or part of posts .... this is about as close as I get 

1562350467414968856795.jpg

1562350508806334953657.jpg

1562350546166-1444932423.jpg

1562350609166-1383787413.jpg

Just now, OnePhilT said:

@Stuart I'm testing on iOS 12.1 on a Mac and an iPhone XS. I'm not getting the same issues that you're reporting; site is super-fast.

Seems to be a delay when scrolling before the page refreshes. Further you scroll the longer the lag.

30 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Not sure what to suggest @Stuart. A few people (outside of this forum, as well as the post above) have reported to me that things are working absolutely fine in a similar device/iOS environment to you. I can only suggest that it might be something to do with your wireless or internet. Sorry...

No worries mate. Just for info it’s the same on 4G as well as broadband.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Can you try Chrome on the same device and see if you get the same issue?

Same.

I’ve just tried bbc.co.uk and the problem doesn’t happen.

This has only just begun happening since the recent changes. I think since the banner adjustments? Is there a script running a page refresh and resize ad banners maybe?

Just to add a different dimension which might make you less sympathetic but may help, I use an ad blocker (Neverads). Could this be a problem? (Although I have it set up for Safari so might not be an issue if the problem also happens in Chrome).

Just now, OnePhilT said:

@Stuart I'm fairly certain that this isn't down to the theme. It's basically a duplication of last season's popular theme (?) just with simply style amendments and logo alteration.

As I said, there is an issue at the moment on iOS 9.x and below, but you don't seem to fall into that category. Maybe try disabling the ad blocker to see if it helps. If it's an app, it's possible that it runs itself across all browser apps, and not just Safari.

No different. It’s worse when scrolling on longer pages which is why I thought it might be a refresh issue.

Didn’t you make some adjustments because of issues with the banners? Seems to have flared up since that was being talked about.

Oh, and this is a new, intermittent, ‘feature’. :) ... colourful...

D6B1A73C-16E9-4F9C-9671-D836A091B2E7.thumb.png.da9db37d643b47d38ac248640dc2964d.png

13 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

Lads and lasses, to debug the issue, I need specifics. Which iPad model are you using (iPad 4, iPad Air 2, etc.), and which iOS version are you using (7, 8, 9. etc.)?

What I do know is that there appear to problems on older iOS versions (I tried version 7) and loading in the Google Ads and YouTube bits. It throws a load of JavaScript errors and is slow to load. IF that's causing the problem, then it can't have just happened overnight, and it occurs on all of our old BRFCS themes, too. I'm not sure I can do anything about those issues, although I have put some layout fixes in just now for older devices, as it was looking like a dog's breakfast.

I'm on an 4th gen ipad on OS 10.3.3.

Safari loads the main board page but won't load specific threads. Well it didn't but having just tried it as I type this it has partially loaded one then froze. Eventually it gives the "A problem occurred with this web page so was reloaded error" and clears the screen. After about 40.seconds the page does reload but you can't scroll it as it is so slow and eventually it clears and gives the same error.

Chrome loads the individual threads page but is very slow loading. When you scroll the page up or down it just scrolls to white and then takes about 10 econds to load what should be on screen so is not usable.

Firefox seems to work ok

Edited by Hasta

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Same.

I’ve just tried bbc.co.uk and the problem doesn’t happen.

This has only just begun happening since the recent changes. I think since the banner adjustments? Is there a script running a page refresh and resize ad banners maybe?

Just to add a different dimension which might make you less sympathetic but may help, I use an ad blocker (Neverads). Could this be a problem? (Although I have it set up for Safari so might not be an issue if the problem also happens in Chrome).

Stuart - just give Firefox a try and see if that behaves ok.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

@Stuart @Hasta Can you both refresh the web page now and see if it still gives you the same issue? It's possibly related to the viewport fix I put in for the banners the other day, which I've now undone.

Still same.  Sometimes on Chrome I get this  

As Stuart says, definitely started occurring at the same time as the skin change.

Just checked Firefox again and that works fine.

15624099762592376082670563663223.jpg

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

Stuart - just give Firefox a try and see if that behaves ok.

Just tried it and it worked great - lagless scrolling. Then I logged in and the same problems started again.