BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board's New Format/Layout

20 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

This is my how I make money, by the way. Make an improvement, unwittingly break stuff in the process after poor testing procedures, get paid to fix things I broke, and repeat until my dying day. A tidy little arrangement. ? Why am I doing this for free on a sunny Saturday? ?

:lol: 

1 hour ago, unsall said:

On air pad 2 latest IOS and its a lot slower than before, not wi- fi,that’s virgin super fast.

Laggy as all hell on iPhone 8+ Chrome when scrolling threads, takes a good while for content to appear.

Edited by S8 & Blue

4 hours ago, OnePhilT said:

@Stuart I'm testing on iOS 12.1 on a Mac and an iPhone XS. I'm not getting the same issues that you're reporting; site is super-fast.

Only issue I'm seeing is with older versions of iOS, e.g. iOS 7, whereby Safari looks like it has some sort of security feature that blocks conventional loading of Google Ads and YouTube iframes. It throws out a random number of JavaScript errors each time and slows down the site no-end (I think this is the issue that @AJW reported, but that's just a guess, because I haven't been given any device/operating system/browser details, which would really help me). Again, though, that issue will exist regardless of the theme used on the website. I will try to investigate that, but that is really the only issue I can find.

Sorry been at work. .my ipad is a version 3 and it's ios 9.3.5 .. never had any issues in past I am actually on my Samsung at mo using Chrome and its fine 

Edited by AJW

Just now, OnePhilT said:

OK. I will build up the new-style theme again step-by-step from the default theme, and let's see if that sorts things out. In the meantime, I will leave those two themes enabled if you'd prefer to use them in the meantime.

Top man. Whatever they are paying you it isn’t enough. ;) 

And thanks.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stuart said:

@OnePhilT

2018/19 and 4.2 work really well. Smooth, zero lag.

Just gone back to 2019/20 and its still really laggy so there is definitely something in the theme I’d suggest.

Cheers.

Yep. As above here too.

1 hour ago, OnePhilT said:

For those who have been having issues on iOS (etc.), I'm wondering if you can help.

Right at the bottom of the page, you'll see a Theme link which opens up a few theme options. I need you to select last season's theme (BRFCS 2018/2019 - Home Kit) and see if the scrolling issues are still happening for you. I would also like you to do the same for the forum's default theme (4.2). If you could report your findings to me here, that would be helpful.

This morning, I tested a demo version of the forum software (default, reset, etc.) and confirmed that there is a bug on certain versions of iOS - the same bug that throws out laods of errors that I mentioned yesterday, relating to <iframe> elements such as embedded YouTube videos and Google Ads. What I am attempting to do is to determine whether or not those errors are part of the cause of the theme issues or not, so I will need your feedback, and we can then take it from there.

@S8 & Blue

10 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Right, sorry about the chopping and changing of how the site looks, but thanks to help from @Stuart and @Herbie6590, I believe we've resolved the iOS issue with scrolling. And, yes, my fault, and no, I won't charge you (on this occasion ?). If there are any further issues, please tag me.

There will be some further crediting due for our brand new logo. ?

Well done in finding it - and using your valuable Sunday too!

Yes...big thanks to @OnePhilT for his tenacity, @StubbsUK for technical guidance and gifs, @perthblue02 for some awesome graphic design ingenuity and I actually did some User Acceptance Testing so for once...I actually added value ?

Let’s hope Rovers don’t dick around with change the kit again next season...

@OnePhilT ....now about that idea I had where the banner changed colour scheme on a day when we are wearing our away kit...? Phil...Phil...you there....? Phil...? ?

• Like 3

Just now, OnePhilT said:

We can apply the HAL/washed out Japan flag, including the old light blue colour, on this brand new theme for posters who get a warning. Maybe some Piccalilli colours mixed in here and there. Or maybe even a Dingle-based theme. Shall I set it up?

I like it. It's like a yellow card.