BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Message Board's New Format/Layout

It's bloody rubbish if you ask me. Change for changes sake. New people have come in and got rid of the old, slightly different, format and got shut. No consultation, nothing. What have we now? A flasher, brasher, er, slasher of a new format that will no doubt talk a good game but give it a few weeks and it'll start to grate. Believe me. It probably has a Scottish accent as well. And is bald. More questions than answers. Yet again. Another kick in the teeth - and balls - with a pointed stick. The all seater stadium, prawn sandwich eating, tedious stat spewing Messageboard format of the 22nd century - or whatever year this is today. It's probably got a sponsor on its back and a hidden loyalty scheme that I forgot all about shortly after typing "loyalty scheme" just then. I'll probably not even be able to log on anymore if my sons not with me. Pathetic. Who's the new formats Agent that what's I want to know?

Actually, on reflection, it looks good really. Cheers.

• Like 3

Took ages to recall my password!!!! The reset password function didn't work for me. On the front page we have "Looking for our forums? They can now be found Here" the Here is the link but as it's blue can't be seen against the blue background unless one hovers in the area.

Just now, Paul said:

Took ages to recall my password!!!! The reset password function didn't work for me. On the front page we have "Looking for our forums? They can now be found Here" the Here is the link but as it's blue can't be seen against the blue background unless one hovers in the area.

Yeah we need to change the colours. ‘The message board’ in black looks weird and when you get a PM you can’t see who it’s from. Just a few little tweaks. 

Nice job on the new look. Can I just ask that the 'Home > Forums > Discussions > Football Messageboard' is in a different colour as I can hardly see it? I normally use that to click where i want to navigate to from the current thread I am on.

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nice job on the new look. Can I just ask that the 'Home > Forums > Discussions > Football Messageboard' is in a different colour as I can hardly see it? I normally use that to click where i want to navigate to from the current thread I am on.

Different that white? It’s white on mine at the mo. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

What does the notification mean saying a member "reacted" to a post ?  

There are more reactions than just "like" now.  There is also, thanks, sad, confused and funny.  It just means that someone has essentially used the old like function on one of your posts.

On 10/21/2017 at 09:53, JacknOry said:

I agreed, it looks like a really pale grey to me.  I can't actually find that particular element in the theme editor so it's a bit of a work in progress.

4 minutes ago, Biddy said:

There are more reactions than just "like" now.  There is also, thanks, sad, confused and funny.  It just means that someone has essentially used the old like function on one of your posts.

I know what "like" means, but reacted can be taken any number of ways and doesn't mean anything  ?  Can we use plain English please ? 

2 minutes ago, Biddy said:

So the reaction of "sad", "thanks", "confused" and "funny" doesn't make sense?

Yes, but the recipient just sees "reacted"  -  not "like",  "sad", "thanks", "confused" or "funny".

Reacted on its own doesn't mean owt. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Yes, but the recipient just sees "reacted"  -  not "like",  "sad", "thanks", "confused" or "funny".

Reacted on its own doesn't mean owt. 

Ah I see. but just like the old system, I think it only notified "xxx liked your post" and you have to click on that to actually find out what post.  I guess the same principal applies, you need to click on the notification to actually see what post and what the reaction is.

Nothing is perfect, and this is just the stock update of the forums.

Think I've sorted the tags now. 

I think the report post text is always like that, sure it was on the lat version of the forums.  Only shows when you hover. There appears to be certain elements that the forums software doesn't like you messing with, like the forum "breadcrumb" menu. I can set background colours on it but it refuses to change the text colour.