Sign in to follow this  
Mercer

Message Board's New Format/Layout

12 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

brfs c45.jpg

Have you made the rose or taken it from somewhere?

1 hour ago, HowieFive0 said:

Lancashire Wiki page JB

Lancaster Rose then? We won't be able to use it - but if someone wants to make one similar...

Just to echo @J*B's comments, if anybody wants to contribute logo designs and whatnot, go for it; we haven't had a logo before, and the one in the header was just collateral as part of cleaning things up. I'm not sure it even counts as a logo, but maybe we should have one to identify us as the site continues to grow.

This is a community, so if you don't like what you see and want to contribute somehow, please do!

Love it personally! Love the idea of a red rose in place of the red spot.

On the home page, what sort of news are we thinking of? Our own generated news?

Perhaps links to ‘Newsnow’ for Blackburn Rovers, a link to club pages, club twitter account etc? I like the idea of directing my ‘rovers traffic’ through the forum rather than googling.

49 minutes ago, J*B said:

Lancaster Rose then? We won't be able to use it - but if someone wants to make one similar...

Copyright on the Lancaster Rose ??

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

On the home page, what sort of news are we thinking of? Our own generated news?

Perhaps links to ‘Newsnow’ for Blackburn Rovers, a link to club pages, club twitter account etc? I like the idea of directing my ‘rovers traffic’ through the forum rather than googling.

The home page isn't really used at the moment - likely because the content isn't kept up to date, which can be understandably time-consuming for those who are good at doing it. We feel that a live collation of automated news feeds from relevant sources, such as Rovers Official, LT, Rich Sharpe, etc., is the way to go. In a way, there's nothing lost by trying to inject some useful life into an unused home page.

I'm hoping that the new Podcasts area is a lot easier to use for those who want to find and listen back to them.

Oh, and the reason I didn't put a rose in the flag is because I can't. If anyone here is a Photoshop whiz and wants to give it a bash, feel free.

17 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

x

hhhhhh.jpg

I wonder where you got that idea from?😄

Just now, Al said:

I wonder where you got that idea from?😄

some one said stick a rose in the flag ? Simon Garner 194 ? so had a bash of sticking one in 

Edited by HowieFive0

No idea if or when this may have become an issue. New messages have become impossible to open using either a Moto G6 Play (June 2018) or a Nexus ??? (Probably spring 2013/14).

No other sites give these issues.

On 28/01/2019 at 17:12, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Come on Mods why have we still got Japan's rising Sun in the header?

HowieFive0 has posted two great examples to use.....

Is the red dot a homage to Venkys? 

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Never mind that get that red blob on the header sorted ta. 

You are free to help out if you want to spend your own free time fixing something that you don't like. Draft up a new header and submit it to Admin - nothing stopping you, since it seems to bother you so much! 🙂 

Would if I could but I can’t so I won’t .

Theres acceptable examples above on this very page, why not use one of them. 

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Would if I could but I can’t so I won’t .

Good answer and same here. 

2 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Because admin thought that what is currently in place is better. People are still free to contribute a design if they want to. The site isn't perfect, but we do our best with whoever has the free time to do it. So far, you've got me, so you'll have to lump it until somebody better can come up with something that admin likes!

For clarity, we cannot use any of the examples in this thread as we don't own the copyright. If there's any designers out there, that want to make something unique and especially for us please get in touch. Meanwhile, we've got two options - red dot, or no red dot. Happy to use whatever the people want.